RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Pokemon series

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
-::Gone::-
I've always been quite of a pokemon fanatic, so I decided to start a pokemon thread. Talk about pokemon, share secrets, friend codes for wifi games, etc stuff like that.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
ALL HAIL MISSINGNO!

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I love how the mods are so serious

Can't wait for platinum
/skanker.
Arlen is hot.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
[off topic] Yeah guys, let's be serious for once. -_- [/off topic]

[on topic][/on topic]

Spoiler for Real On-Topic:
Pokemon took away too much of my life. I actually spent hours using an AR to catch the perfect team (well, for me) - shiny - and raise them all to lvl 100. Had to use a combo of catch what you want with radar and shiny radar and all tms hms and 99999999999999999 friggen rare candies. Who the heck can use that many? Oh, and my 3 yr old sis is getting into pokemon now. When will it ever stop?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 03:38:56 PM by Dr. Sir »
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
Who knows? Oh wells.

I got the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game, its okay.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
>_>

I never played any of the Gameboy or DS Pokemon games. Never was really into handheld games.

I have played and owned Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2, Hey You Pikachu, Pokemon Snap, and Pokemon Colosseum. All of them were pretty good games, in my opinion, except Hey You Pikachu. I didn't really like that one. D:

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I never played any of the Gameboy or DS Pokemon games. Never was really into handheld games.
So that's why you're socially inept.

Rep:
Level 96
I always thought everything about Pokemon was retarded, so I never got involved with any aspect of it, including the games.

It's probably because there was this one kid at our school. He was technically retarded, and really awkward, and usually smelled kind of weird. He was a pokemon fanatic. So now I pretty much identify all pokemon fans with smelly, awkward, half-retarded people.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I hate Pokemon.
:tinysmile:

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
>_>

I have played and owned Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2, Hey You Pikachu, Pokemon Snap, and Pokemon Colosseum. All of them were pretty good games, in my opinion, except Hey You Pikachu. I didn't really like that one. D:
I didn't really like Hay You Pikachu ither.

Rep:
Level 88
I recently bought MD2. I had a love affair for the two days I took to finish it. Then I tried it a second time. The bosses were beginning to annoy me. I stopped playing halfway through and I never want to see that game again (except on special occasions).

Pokémon is amusing, but it does that too often.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 05:46:10 PM by Rock »

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
I miss the show, i watched it as a kid.

I youtubed the first episode and it was awesome. It's nice to know that it wasn't crap.

The new episodes make me want to cry though...

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
=/

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=263
I fixed your link. I hope you don't mind. :police:

I youtubed the first episode and it was awesome. It's nice to know that it wasn't crap.

The original show was great. I watched the first thirty-something episodes on Megavideo a while back. =o

Misty <3 .-.

Rep:
Level 89

The reason to cry is that the series got a nuke dropped on it. New episodes to goddamn retarded. There not serious enough. i can't believe that the series is still running. DBZ wasn't even this long and they started at the same time. But one is still running. Thats ridiculous how they can keep this series going. You saying that the new episodes make you cry makes sense.  The point where i stop watching made me wonder how long would this last. All i know is this show started when i was 8 years old and i stopped watching at 11 or 12. Back then everyone was interested in pokemon. so i got interested but i never really played the games until yellow came out. How i know the new episodes are so retarded is my sister friend were watching them while she was here at a sleep-over. :mad:

pokeball Sx2OfflineMale
Rep:
Level 85
UltimaKirby
games = pretty good
old episodes = pretty good
new episodes = epic fail
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Kirby Player
Brawl Code - 1375-6864-5199
PM to Brawl me

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
games = pretty good
new episodes = epic fail
SHUTUP MAY IS AWESOME :mad:

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Dude. The thing that bothered me the most (ignoring the awful story *lol...story*) concerning the new eps, was each char became horribly deformed and most were voiced by pubescent kids.

May was a fairly decent remake of Misty (but still a remake, so not that great). She was actually not deformed for most of the begining of her season.

But I concurr

games = pretty good
new episodes = epic fail
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 96
games = pretty good
new episodes = epic fail
SHUTUP MAY IS AWESOME :mad:
YOU MEAN HARUKA? :V

THREE SYLLABLEDED WORDS TOO DIFFICULT FOR ENGLISH VIEWERS BETTER CHANGE IT TO MAY :V :V

Rep:
Level 97
MAY IS A PRETTY NAME SHUTUP :mad:

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
I always liked charmander XD

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
Pikachu is the biggest icon though.

Rep:
Level 89
Pikachu is the biggest icon though.
yeah hes the only one people who were not interested in pokemon knew.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
One of the reason why the new episodes of Pokemon are bad:

Dawn's fanbase.

First and second pictures that came up on Google image:

I don't see why Dawn's fanbase is so huge, she isn't much different from May and Misty...infact she is EXACTLY like May and Misty, just with a shorter skir-

Oh.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 02:46:10 PM by Tezuka »

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
:v

You should be used to that after your shopping trip

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
One of the reason why the new episodes of Pokemon are bad:

Dawn's fanbase.

First and second pictures that came up on Google image:

I don't see why Dawn's fanbase is so huge, she isn't much different from May and Misty...infact she is EXACTLY like May and Misty, just with a shorter skir-

Oh.
I lol'd.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I hated the Pokemon series...

It's like, Ash, you saved a Pidgeot from a bunch o' Fearows but now he lets him be free. I mean, if Gary was like Ash...he wouldn't have even caught one pokemon..
But no, Ash doesn't catch anyone, everyone joins him...He doesn't follow the friggin rules.

Another thing, none of his Pokemanz evolve. I've only seen Charmy and Treeky evolve (and maybe there are a few more)
WTF IS THE POINT OF CATCHING A FRIGGIN BULBA IF HE'S NOT GONNA BE A VENA AND PWN FIRE TYPES WITH EARTHQUAKE YOU ASS.

Also, Pikachu. God i friggin hate that Pikachu. Its like, he's so awesome...he resists everything and damages like...all types.

Then Team Rocket...My God..WHY DO THEY ALWAYS LAND UP WHERE ASH IS. Usually they say "How'd he get here?" so it means they're not following him...i mean, you saw ASh is going this way then go the other friggin way.
They could catch 100 Golem. ASh Stopped them. now he's gone SO CATCH THE GOLEM YOU GOLAMZ.

Then is that they concentrate very very less on Pokemon. Its like helping other people who have a pokemon (story wouldn't change if they didn't actually)

And also, half the gym leaders give badges just cause Ash pwned team rocket. MY DOG CAN PWN TEAM ROCKEt.

Series First Few Episodes (about 30ish)= Nice
After that= Megaepical fail.
Games: Good.

They really should make the series like the games.
Movies are....yeah they're ok ok. I've seen only 2 so i wouldn't know (first and latest lol)

~
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 87
Series First Few Episodes (about 30ish)= Nice
After that= Megaepical fail.
Games: Good.
They really should make the series like the games.
Movies are....yeah they're ok ok. I've seen only 2 so i wouldn't know (first and latest lol)
Agreed on all points.

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
Yeah, the show makes no sense.

they even canceled that new Pokemon series for Diamond and Pearl I believe.

Rep:
Level 86
Hello, could you trade me please, 1st, 2nd and 3rd gens starters? I also need Arceus and Shaimyn.

Rep:
Level 86
write me an email, frost.as@mail.ru if you have them.

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
Hello, could you trade me please, 1st, 2nd and 3rd gens starters? I also need Arceus and Shaimyn.

1. You gotta get them some how from Emerald I believe.
2. Go to New York or some Pokemon Theme Park.

You gotta get them special things for Arceus and Shimyn at one of them Pokemon Theme Parks.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
lol i have an arceus  ;o but not a shaimyn, but i do have all starters two i believe, lol arceus is one of those pokemon that just beats all the rest :/

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
lol i have an arceus  ;o but not a shaimyn, but i do have all starters two i believe, lol arceus is one of those pokemon that just beats all the rest :/
Lol ya.

I used to have Shaimyn, Darkrai, Arceus, Palkia, Dialga, and Lugia. Then my file got erased by one of my annoying little siblings D:

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
:lol:  Darkrai is one of the few new pokemon i would call original :/

Rep:
Level 86
so, could you trade the starters? If you need something, tell me, i'll be online maybe tomorow, 'couse I'm not at home now. Please send me an email, or gimme your email :)

Rep:
Level 86
so, I'll be online in 2-4 hours. I'll post my FC later.

Rep:
Level 88
Not to start a debate, but weren't the 1st generation pokémon also fairly heavily based on actual animals? They couldn't rip off earlier pokémon then because there weren't any, but they did make some pokémon that looked almost exactly like real-life animals.

The arbok was a big cobra with spots, The persian a feline with a coin on its forehead, so on.

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
:lol:  Darkrai is one of the few new pokemon i would call original :/
I thought Arceus was pretty original.Darkrai  is about the only original legendary. Usually the main ones always have to be glowing or something like that.

Girintina was pretty original too.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
so, could you trade the starters? If you need something, tell me, i'll be online maybe tomorow, 'couse I'm not at home now. Please send me an email, or gimme your email :)

huh? oh er i guess, PM me your friend code, i can give it you sometime this week i guess.

Yeah pokemon in red/blue and alot in silver/gold were based on animals and beasts of legend in japan, then ruby came along and went,

'LOL LETS MEK THAES POKEMON LEET LIKE THE OTHERS   ;8'

Rep:
Level 86
ummm.. I cannot PM you.. I'm using mobile version, so here's no PM option.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
<_< oook Just put it here, if you have msn put it here too so i can tell you when

Rep:
Level 86
ok, I will post it later.

Rep:
Level 86
0516 9239 0473 I don't know when exactly I'll be online, but I think today, after ~9 hours :D

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Double Posting is a sin, so don't.

Rep:
Level 86
If in mobile version would be an option to edit posts, I would use it, but..

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
No internet at home?

Rep:
Level 86
At last managed to make my DS connect to router ^.^ I'll be able to trade in 1-2hours, so please give me your FC. my FC: 0516 9239 0473

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
ooook.....lol i forgot how to do this ;=;

Where do i gt my friend code >___> Or put yours :/

Rep:
Level 87
If only life had HDR lighting... (sigh)
Meh, I wanted a Shaymin, Darkrai, and Arceus, but in order to request them through GTS, you need to have seen them, and how the f*** am I supposed to do that?!

GTS = Epicmegaulturajumbofail.
End of line.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
No you dont >_>

You just find someone who is offering it up as a trade, tezuka here at the forums traded like 40 over GTS

Rep:
Level 87
You can't search for users in the GTS, you're thinking of the wi-fi trades stations in the pk centers.
Which is suppose I could use, but in order to request a pokemon in the GTS, you have to have seen it.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
<_<

No i wasn't, i meant what i said :/

He was offering them for another pokemon, so if you searched for the pokemon he wanted, you would get it.

Rep:
Level 87
Ah, so that's the workaround.
*Madly Scrambles for his DS*
Thanks!

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
I had Pokemon Red and Blue, when I got a Gameboy Color, I would trade between myself ._.

Rep:
Level 87
Did that until I got 2 Gba's. The did that with ruby + sapphire.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Bah, back in the "good old days" my brother and sister would always take the first (and only) profile from me, so all i could ever do was start a new game and then walk around without saving.

Rep:
Level 87
I can't save on my gold version.
I think my gameboy is just always plugged in though, so it isn't a problem

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
I lost my gold version D:

Rep:
Level 87
They're like 4 bucks at any game store.
Go buy one.
You have to have it in order to call yourself a gamer.
If you don't have it you could still call yourself a gay....
I don't know why you'd want to, but you can.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
:B

I have crystal and Red on my phone lol

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE

no, you don't
gold and silver failed like George bush at speaking
i played through gold once, tossed it aside, and restarted red version because...well, it was better

Rep:
Level 97

no, you don't
gold and silver failed like George bush at speaking
i played through gold once, tossed it aside, and restarted red version because...well, it was better

Heracross would like to have a word with you

Rep:
Level 97

Sudowoodo would like to have a word with you

Rep:
Level 87

Scizor wants to F*ck you up...

Rep:
Level 97
Scyther > Scizor
Although both have hilarious voices.

SCYTHAAAAAAAAAAAA

SEEZOOOR

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
SCYTHER ftw

EDIT: seizure lol
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 87
How does one laugh out loud whilst having a seizure?
Don't you swallow your tongue or something equally gay?

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 87
As has already been said, that happens to everyone, I'm gonna figure out how to fix it, then come back and post a link.
[Edit]
Figured it out, busted out the old soldering iron, and a battery I found, and had this fix working in about 10 minutes.
http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15464
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 01:58:37 AM by monkofevil »

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Never give up faith for something you believe in.
Been a fan since it came out in the USA ^^; Still am, and I'm 19 now *chuckle*

I admit, the newer SHOWS are kinda bad...

The Newer Games are MUCH darker plotwise than the older games, but no one'll EVER be able to top Team Rocket in the nastiness catagory ^^;

I've got Diamond and an AR if anyone wants a battle/needs a pokemon. My team was caught via the AR, but their stats are legit. if anyone wants a battle I'd be more than happy to oblige.

I have to agree with most of the posts I've seen in this thread; the original shows, were the best, but I also liked the Jhoto Series and the Jhoto Games. Those three I hope they bring back.
Never give up faith for something you believe in. - Me

A sword has no power if the hand that weilds it bears no courage. - Unknown

I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams and Dedication Quote of the USS Vigilant, NCC-88061, Akira Class Starfleet Vessel.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Err, not to like make fun of u and all...

Necroposting isn't actually allowed. If you wanna post in a topic thats more than, say a month old, then you should make a seperate topic about it =D
Unless its spam or something important in rpg.

RMRK, Always there to help
unlike roph
~
Arlen is hot.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I don't see an issue with the post, the topic isn't terribly old, and the post has actual content, not only that but it's a subject that just about anyone can respond with.

However, for future reference, check the last post date of a topic before replying, it's generally not a good idea to post in older topics, DragonMoon89

also, I know you, don't I?

I never liked the shows myself, even as a kid, but I played the games first and was like "wtf is this shit, they changed it so much" so I never watched them xD

I like the games myself, it gives me something to do xD
The stories are all the same, and I prefer the nostalgia of Red and Blue, or the G/S/C series over the newer ones, but the online play and inclusion of more types of minigames makes the new ones pretty good as well.  They're simple games, and they're very cartoony.  A lot more light-hearted than the epic RPG or the blood and guts FPS, so it's a fun break :3

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon