RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Final Fantasy or Zelda?

Poll

Which do you prefer final fantasy or zeda

Zelda
Final Fantasy

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Yes..indeed. I'll just leave you be. =)

IX was better for me..mostly because of the storyline and the gameplay. It was also a tribute to the older FFs (it was never supposed to be called Final Fantasy IX. They just called it that for some reason.)

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Zelda is the game that is better and more revolutionary than FF, thats what it is.

Yes..quite.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Well..let's just say that I'm hoping that was sarcastic (but mind you, I'm not saying that Zelda isn't reveloutionary, it's far from it)

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Well..let's just say that I'm hoping that was sarcastic (but mind you, I'm not saying that Zelda isn't reveloutionary, it's far from it)

No, that wasn't sarcasm.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Ah, I see. Good to know then.

Not better in my mind and it's not more revouloutionary. Let's just leave it at that for me. Telling me otherwise will be a futile attempt in which I will not submit to. It's like telling me to play FF: XI or any other online game. It will not happen. Everyone has tried and failed. No thanks.

I still like Zelda, though. I was even debating wether or not to get a Gamecube because of it >.<

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Ah, I see. Good to know then.

Not better in my mind and it's not more revouloutionary. Let's just leave it at that for me. Telling me otherwise will be a futile attempt in which I will not submit to. It's like telling me to play FF: XI or any other online game. It will not happen. Everyone has tried and failed. No thanks.

I still like Zelda, though. I was even debating wether or not to get a Gamecube because of it >.<

Get a Wii.

Rep:
Level 89
final fantasy... of course. both series are taking a new direction on what the game is and what the new will look like[mainly zelda].
ex: the next zelda is is suppose to take place in the future[distant]

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
where did you here about a new zelda??!!??!!

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
What is wrong with all of you? Both of these series are pretty damn mediocre. How about arguing over games that are actually great and stop wasting time?

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
See..I find them above medicore. You might not, but I do. The only series that I find above it would be the Tales Of Series.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Tales of Phantasia is sweet!   :tpg:
So sweet, I love the battler system, so original.

Ocarina of Time is excellent, Wind Waker is also up there.

I think I like Metroid more than Zelda. But I like Zelda more than Final Fantasy.

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
See..I find them above medicore. You might not, but I do. The only series that I find above it would be the Tales Of Series.
I agree. But Radiata Stories trumps everything else.
PROPERTY OF TEABAG!!! ALL HAIL TEABAG!!!

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
I never played that =O
It didn't seem all that appealing to me for some reason or another =\

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
I like the Zelda series and I am working on Twilight princess right now, but I love the Final Fantasy series. I am actually working on XII right now too.

I have to admit I am a Final Fantasy VII child. I bought my playstation and a couple months later rented this cool little game from blockbusters. I had no idea what the hell an RPG was at the time and really didn't care, this game captured my mind and I loved it. I think I rented that game 5 times and beat Jenova on the ship from Juno to Casa Del Sol before actually getting it for my birthday or christmas.

The only game that really captured me like that was about 2 or 3 years later when EQ was introduced to me by my Ex-girlfriend and her friends freshman year.

I have yet to find a game to do that to me after that. It just seems like they want to concentrate on the graphics and coming up with some kind of new revolutionary gaming system . There isn't a fun factor anymore like there was back then.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 05:03:01 PM by Asmos »

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
No, there is a fun factor, it's called never playing RPGs before, then playing them. After you beat one or two, they get really really boring...

The same with me when Pokemon Red came out. My friend had it and I played it a few times, it was like dope. But then I got a gbc and red version.

The only rpgs that I have beaten to date are like only a few.

Every try Seiken Densetsu? That game rocks so much! I got to like the very last guardian beast and stopped playing, But I'm gonna start again.

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
Every try Seiken Densetsu? That game rocks so much! I got to like the very last guardian beast and stopped playing, But I'm gonna start again.
Or as it's known to most Americans, the Mana series. Yeah, those are some fun games. Which SD are you refering to? SD1? That one was recently remade for the GBA under the title "Sword of Mana", SD2 was known as Legend of Mana, and SD3 hasn't been released State-side, but is being remade for the DS.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Or as it's known to most Americans, the Mana series. Yeah, those are some fun games. Which SD are you refering to? SD1? That one was recently remade for the GBA under the title "Sword of Mana", SD2 was known as Legend of Mana, and SD3 hasn't been released State-side, but is being remade for the DS.

Opps, I forgot: All of them, but I was talking about SD3. Best. ABS. Game. Ever.

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
Yeah, of the first three, SD3 was my fav. I haven't played it in forever, though.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
No, there is a fun factor, it's called never playing RPGs before, then playing them. After you beat one or two, they get really really boring...

The same with me when Pokemon Red came out. My friend had it and I played it a few times, it was like dope. But then I got a gbc and red version.

Your probably right. FFVII and EQ have also goldened in my memories also, like all memories of the past do.

Sieken Densetsu 3 was one of my favorites too. Second game I had seen that was real time combat and I liked it. The first one was Parasite Eve (I still love that game)

I havn't had a chance to try any of the other Sword of Mana games though. The next game I am looking to buy is Final Fantasy Tactics for the PSP. I always borrowed FFT (for the Playstation) from my friend and played it and never had a chance to buy it for myself and beat it.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member

I'm going to have to disagree with you. RPGs aren't just fun because you haven't played them before. There are elements to RPGs which make them fun. Whether it's story, romance, skills, bosses, systems, there is always something which makes them fun that isn't just because you haven't played an RPG before. Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, VII, Tales of Symphonia, Tales of the Abyss, Skies of Arcadia, Betrayal at Krondor, Lufia 2, Shining Force 1 and 2, Fire Emblem games - these are all fun, and obviously most of them weren't the first RPGs I played. That being said, there are RPGs I didn't like (for example, FF XII), but it's not because they are new, it's because they're uninteresting.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90

No. No, no,no....no. No.

No matter how many I beat they still never cease to amuse and entertain me. Like Modern Algebra said: There ARE elements to an RPG which make it fun and entertaining. For me it is the story and the gameplay.

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!

No. No, no,no....no. No.

No matter how many I beat they still never cease to amuse and entertain me. Like Modern Algebra said: There ARE elements to an RPG which make it fun and entertaining. For me it is the story and the gameplay.
I completely agree with you.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

No. No, no,no....no. No.

I don't totally think that, it's just newer rpgs, all it is, is random battles every five seconds, and it extremely boring. Older RPGs like the final fantasy here you can switch classes rocked so much. So did Chrono Trigger, I think the RPGs started to get the same when it was Late PSX and early PS2, PS2 pretty much did RPGs to death. The only one that looks cool that's newer, it the Baiton Kaitos games, I think I butchered the name, but oh well. I loved pretty much every FF for the SNES, I really loved FFIX, but now, ehh...they all are slowly becoming the same. I must say, they get to be disappointing.

FFX-2 is pretty good, I got sorta far it that, but it's my brother's and he doesn't live with me. I liked it.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
Geno WAs Born L33t
oh nosies FF is losing  :'(
.....hi

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Really, when I first voted Zelda was winning.