RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Mapping Tutorial: Fort Exterior.

If Ham didn't taste like Ham, I would hope it tasted like turkey
Rep:
Level 88
>:O
I'm gonna show you how to use the Fort RTP tileset in this tutorial.

WEEEEEE

Step One:

Go ahead and start a new map, mine is 60x60.  Fill the first layer with grass, then add some different color grass, and dirt.

Spoiler for:

Step Two:

Let's add some hills on the map.

Spoiler for:

Step Three:

Go ahead and make the outline of the first floor of the fort.  Using these tiles.
Spoiler for:

It should look something like this.

Spoiler for:

Step Four:

Let's fill in the corner squares, and put the floor.  Use these tiles for the corners. 
Spoiler for:

Now, this is a little tricky at first, for these areas:
Spoiler for:

You need to use these tiles. 
Spoiler for:

Now it should look something like this.

Spoiler for:

Step Five:

Let's add some walls, and layers to the fort next.   Now it's starting to come together.

Spoiler for:

Step Six:

Now we add some the items around the fort.  Some trees/plants, and a little water.  This is what we have.

Spoiler for:

This is how it looks ingame.

Spoiler for:

Don't forget to add events.  Doors can be found in there.  Sorry if this is a bit sloppy, I was in a bit of a hurry.  I am planning to do an interior tutorial next. 

Comments/feedback are always welcome.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
pretty nice, but you forgot to change sizes in walls. all your walls are 2 squares each, remember to vary these.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

If Ham didn't taste like Ham, I would hope it tasted like turkey
Rep:
Level 88
>:O
Thanks for the reminder. 

Rep:
Level 87
:P
Wow that's good.

Rep:
Level 87
ohheythar :O
Awesome tutorial, maybe the flag things are abit too overused?

Offtopic; Are you using Windows XP, if so what skin is that?