RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Dark Soldier

Rep:
Level 90
This is like... my first EVER shot at editing a sprite from RPG Maker. So it is not going to be very good. I just want feedback from other people on what I am doing wrong at what needs improvment.

Here is a link to the sprite image of a Dark Soldier
(I edited soldier1 from the RTP)

http://img41.imageshack.us/my.php?image=darksoldier6nh.png

Rep:
Level 89
Not bad at all! It might be cool to equip him or something..
Like a big two-handed sword on his back.. just a idea :P
I give it a Good, cause I don't give away 10/10 easily :P
Started RPG making once again!

Rep:
Level 90
Thanks m8.

Rep:
Level 89
Looks good to me.

Rep:
Level 90
Thanks, u gonna vote though?

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Pretty good. If you can attach a spear, it'd be even better. :D
Co-Webmaster of The Gaming Alliance

Thanks to TheRaven off of The Players Guild.
R.P.G. Fan Game Status
[--TLOZ: Fierce Entity--]|||||||||||||||||||| - 3%

yeh, a spear or something would make it look great!

BTW im the guy he originally made the graphics for :P Good work anyway Pie

-Jak-

Rep:
Level 90
Thanks guys! In fact i'm gonna try adding a spear to him!

EDIT: ON second thought... nah.

Rep:
Level 91
the original is 049-soldier01 in your rmxp rtp

if you'll look closely he didn't do much at all..
he change the eye to red, and change some of the colors to black and the hair to ewwish brown...

you can't expect him to be able to make a spear...

everyone start with recoloring, but that recoloring was seriously just minor so you can't expect to be graded by me...

i seriously don't understand the clapping...
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 90
What the hell is your problem. Cant you say ANYTHING nice to anyone?
I dont think your sprites are much better but you dont see me insulting them, saying they are rubbish and stuff do you?

Whats the point of posting if you dont like them?  :evil:

Rep:
Level 89
Quote from: blueXx
the original is 049-soldier01 in your rmxp rtp

if you'll look closely he didn't do much at all..
he change the eye to red, and change some of the colors to black and the hair to ewwish brown...

you can't expect him to be able to make a spear...

everyone start with recoloring, but that recoloring was seriously just minor so you can't expect to be graded by me...

i seriously don't understand the clapping...

ffs Bluexx, It's his first edit!
You could at least support him a bit..
I see you insult people many in a lot of different posts..
So I don't see wtf your problem is..
Started RPG making once again!

Rep:
Level 89
Quote from: thatsmypie
I dont think your sprites are much better but you dont see me insulting them, saying they are rubbish and stuff do you?

well blue just said that you didnt really do so much for a first edit

and i agree!

If you hate snakes then theres a 100% chance that i hate you!

Dont click here ------> http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?the%20serpent

Rep:
Level 90
Also that brown stuff aint his hair, its this funny silk stuff coming from his helmet if you look hard enough!

Its his FIRST edit, and ok he didnt do much, he changed the colours a bit but just think to yourself, didnt YOU start like that? Didnt YOU start with only simple recolours?

Now, Lets get back onto topic, not how insulting blue is.

Rep:
Level 89
Quote from: Jakinblack
Its his FIRST edit, and ok he didnt do much, he changed the colours a bit but just think to yourself, didnt YOU start like that? Didnt YOU start with only simple recolours?

Now, Lets get back onto topic, not how insulting blue is.

yea but dont you think everyone is over-reacting.

I did way beter then that on my first try.so its not realy that good for a first time.

If you hate snakes then theres a 100% chance that i hate you!

Dont click here ------> http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?the%20serpent

Quote from: thatsmypie

Cant you take critics?
He says that so you coud be better rite?
He was nice to you  :roll:
But tyhen i thought it was quite cool, looks more evilish with the brown color.

Rep:
Level 90
No one likes a critic dude. But anyway thanks for the comment.

Rep:
Level 91
helipluis- remove the avatar we don't want people to think you are the bodge, it will give him a bad name

i know how all of you just wanna go "omg 10/10" all the time, i have seen it too many times it's useless

as for my sprite pie licker:

a. it was made from nothing thus alot harder you showed you can't do that by saying you can't make a spear
and b. it's my 3rd try

my first was combining a mage and a skeleton , 2nd was a fully recolored sprite with head switching and a cape redoing, and 3rd was a fully drawen

so bah don't talk about first tries with me i walk in big steps

and whats more i am tired of noobs

truth and insults are not the same you morons, if you can't read go back to preschool...

i mean really... let's try thinking..
well.. you should i already do -.-

lol but you know what, if you wanna keep being so stupid go ahead don't let me stop ya...

just try reading sometimes

well you really can't do much with the sprites the system gives you, blueXx. I mean, merging two sprites into one is cool and all, but c'mon, it was his first time ever doing anything with sprites.

Now, I don't mean to disagree with what you say, for most of it is true. However, since you claim to say it's a piece of cake (not your exact words but it seemed like you implied to something like that), lets see you try to use sprites from other games.

Use a fire emblem sprite, add some detail, animation and turn it into a Zelda game character.

Example:

Link, from Zelda OOT

Hell, lets go nuts. If you think that was simple, how about making a mug shot?

Zabuza, from Naruto

What? You say that's also easy for you? What? You're saying we can't read what your post meant? I don't think you have the right to just lightly bash other member's achievements. If you don't have any constructive criticisms, then take it out on something else aside from n00bs.

Edit: I mean no disrespect, but you did make the creator of this thread fell hated.

R.P.G. Fan Game Status

Rep:
Level 91
-.-

you know what, you'll try doing those on your own and then i'll consider trying

it takes hours to even do rmxp stuff i mean come on
i didn't say it's easy, i said it's not enough for even a first try, not to be posted with a poll and a big woop at least, and i said that i don't see why they all go "omg" which i still don't but i think it should be required to put some work into any sprite you put here, and it should be required for people to think before they rush saying 10/10 i mean come on..

oh and i still claim you can't read.. well.. obvious reasons..

because you're being a real d1ck right now:

and I did use the word 'constructive critisicm' in my post. Seems like someone else here can't read. *hands blueXx a dictionary* have fun learning  :^^:

R.P.G. Fan Game Status

Rep:
Level 91
Quote from: ShadowLink
because you're being a real d1ck right now:

and I did use the word 'constructive critisicm' in my post. Seems like someone else here can't read. *hands blueXx a dictionary* have fun learning  :^^:

hmm you changed the hair i know the other parts of the sprite from somewhere though...

not bad, but it looks a bit odd

hmm anyways you were asking for an animated something and a mug shot or whatever?
that charset is none of them

maybe you should be the one doing the reading ?

It's custom made. It's not based off the rmxp. It uses a mugshot that's also custom made:

Mugshot:

Also, I didn't ask for an animation. What I meant was that if you were putting down people purposely because of their 'minor' work, then what I meant was for you to make a sprite for your own and animate it yourself. Go through all the painstaking work to color it the way the you want it, animate the it should be.

The whole artistry (full body) of a character is a nice touch and I don't have one. Still, that doesn't matter because I am not using the front based battle system that's already in the RMXP.

EDIT: Okay Bluey, funs over. I'm done flaming/arguing with you. And I apologize to the thread maker for this ugly scene.)

R.P.G. Fan Game Status

Rep:
Level 91
meh kay if you say it's over it's over -.-
i don't apologize though, that's what i do for fun and he gave a good ground for the fun to happen

heh well..

continue your talk about the 10/10 recoloring in 1 spot work  :roll:

Rep:
Level 90
I'm suprised you aint been banned yet blue. Besides, the only reason I made that was for a friend, who is quite new to RPG Maker (Jakinblack) I thought it would turn out terrible, but it didn't, so I thought it would be a nice idea posting it asking if people liked it. And then mr "I only give a fuck about myself and think everyone is stupid noob bluexx" comes along and starts takin the piss. Why do you nother posting if you dont like something? If you dont like it then dont post nasty things about it, be constructive if you dont like it, tell me what could be improved. Dont start shouting your bloody mouth off just because you think your better than everyone else!!!