RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k3] Touhou Fantasy

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
Set to 3.....whaaaaat? That's....odd. I don't see anything that would be causing that o.O

Rep: +0/-0Level 71
RMRK Junior
Checked one of your saves on there as well, set to odd single digits. I used a teleporter and it...it kinda KILLED Reimu.  Yeah.  I don't know WHAT happened to the code, but it's looking like there'll need to be a fresh start.  Oh well, people start at level 6 now instead of 4, so I'll take that to mean that statistics in general were tweaked.  That fact could be what caused the oddities with pre-existing saves, I guess, I dunno.

Rep:
Level 85
Maybe. I made Reimu and Marisa start at level 6 to compensate for the difficulty overall. Also, skills can be bought per character in the shops now. But that makes no sense to me at all! What's weird....here's a couple things I had happen to me during testing:

1) I was at Youkai Mountain, about to fight Sanae and Parsee. Fully healed up so I don't DIE to Sanae. Get into the fight with her...and my entire party is at 1 HP. Wth was my only reaction. Went there a second time, fully healed, and was actually...fully healed. Made no sense!

2) Here's one for the books. This happened at the end of a battle.

I believe this was after I beat Suwako too. And yes, she WAS dead after the battle too...just....what lol...

And I dare say, Saigyou Yuyuko...may be the hardest boss thus far in the game. I'm not even joking...just....ugh. 15 Potion Berries won't be enough, I WILL say this much! Oh...and be prepared to cry at the notorious monsters. I sure did ._.;;

RMRK Junior
Um...If even the CREATOR was crying at the difficulty of an enounter, might it be that it was a little too much?  Also...  15 heals of 1k/party aren't enough to beat Yuyuko?  I'm sorta scared now to fight her...  Then again, I won't be doing that for a while yet, since it'll take me some hours just to reach where I was before the new patching.

Oh, btw...  Cirno, during the Mystia fight in the Magic Forest Hard route...  Her standard animation was kinda gone.  If she used an item or anything, her sprites for that showed up, but other than that, it looked like it was just Aya and Reimu there.  Might wanna check that out too.  (Didn't get into any randoms between Cirno Get and the boss fight, so I dunno yet if random encounters are affected that way too.

EDIT:  Just fought Rumia on Easy Path.  First off, Cirno decided not to be a ninja this time.  Second off...  You might wanna make her a LITTLE hardier.  I killed her before she even got a turn...  (Don't know if Icicle Fall froze her, wasn't paying attention)  I know she's meant to be easier since she's on the Easy path, but that was kinda ridiculous.  The fight with Cirno and Dai was harder.  I actually had a 'proper' battle there.  (Well, except cheaping Dai with a Master Spark to the face, but we can ignore that, right?  =))
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 12:44:23 AM by jq1790 »

Rep:
Level 85
Huh....that's....odd. I didn't have any problems there. You sure she didn't have a status effect on her? I don't have everyone's status sprites done yet, so she might've had like Poison or something.

And yes, I MEANT for Yuyuko to be that hard...but I wonder if it's too much. You CAN grind around that area easily though so...the first "real" grinding spot is around Winter Forest or so anyways, which is what I want it to be for now. And yes, Notorious monsters are MEANT to be difficult, for a reason. For those who don't know what's a Notorious Monster, they are generally "elite" enemies, and usually only appear on Hard paths, though that's not ALWAYS the case. Here's the list of those enemies for your use:

Misty Lake: Alligator
Forest of Magic: Parasite
Scarlet Devil Mansion: PatchBot I suppose you can say fits this.
Forest of Bamboo: Senior Kedama
Underneath the School: Chimera
Youkai Mountain: Kedama Stack, Shanghai, Giant Mantis
Winter Forest: Half-Phantom
Hakugyokurou: Greater Fairy
Eientei (2nd visit): Bio Reisen

That's through the end of beta2. A lowdown of some in beta3:

Muenzuka: Demonolith
Blazing Fires of Hell: Ruby Dragon, Crystal Dragon
Poltergeist Mansion: (Haven't gotten that far yet).

And in beta4...well, I haven't even DONE enemies for that part at all, so who knows yet!

EDIT - The difficulty of the bosses are MEANT to be easy for the first few boss fights, until around Meiling. Rumia and Mystia are NOT meant to be that difficult, and Mystia is meant to be the harder of the two anyways. Rumia is just a minor nuisance compared to Mystia and her statuses lol. Also, Freeze does work on Rumia IIRC. Same with Mystia.

RMRK Junior
Ah, so THAT'S why those things took so much longer to kill...  Screw those Senior Kedamas,.  So much freaking HP...

Anyway, good to know, and yeah, I think Cirno'd been poisoned in the Mystia fight, which would explain her ninja powers.

Rep:
Level 85
That's one of the things I WOULD like to have finished before releasing the full beta4 is status sprites, but I need someone who's good at palettes and whatnot to do that...I can't seem to do them right for the life of me (Poison shouldn't be hard...just recolor the sprites in a greenish tone, though others like Paralyze and Silence will be an issue methinks...since those I would like to have special animations with....hmmm....).

I don't know...I've heard some people having trouble with the Ying-Yang Orbs in Bamboo Forest too. Then again, Patchouli kinda tears through them easily so...lol....but so doesn't Reisen. Too bad you don't get her until AFTERWARDS...

RMRK Junior
Eh, the Yin-Yang orbs aren't really too bad, to be honest.  At that point, you should definitely have Diamond Blizzard Lv. 1, so you can do nice damage to them pretty easily given the relatively low cost and Cirno's nice MP pool.

Or, y'know, just Wriggle em.  Seriously, Wriggle's insanely good there.  sure, she's costly to Call, but when you do, stuff dies.  Like ~400 damage to everything AND Poison...  Those orbs are dead.  Plus, free Orb Lv. 2 scrolls.  =)

Their only "strong" attack is that draining attack they occasionally use, IMO.  Even then, it's rare enough to not be a big problem.  Kinda sucks how useless Meiling is against em though due to their ridiculous defense value. 

And, as you said, Patchy's good against em.  But Patchy's good against EVERYTHING to some degree, so that's kinda expected.  Loving her super-low cost all-targetting spell, I am.  (6 MP out of a pool of over a hundred?  Yeah, she can do that as long as she likes.)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 01:24:53 AM by jq1790 »

Rep:
Level 85
Don't worry, spells get more costly the more you level them up. lol

Orbs in general have ridiculous defense yes, but they also take little damage from any physical attack in general, whether it be the Attack command or a physical skill. Shanghais are also similar in that way. I never really bothered using summons much CUZ of the MP cost lol. But it's good to know that someone's using em!

And Patchy is pretty good now. Before the skill system got revamped, Patchouli was probably one of the least used characters in the game I think. She just....wasn't good until you leveled her up enough to get her better skills, which was hard enough since she takes 500% damage from physical attacks (as opposed to everyone else taking 250% from physicals. It's my way of making enemies do DAMAGE with regular attacks, since the damage formula is dumb in 2k3).

RMRK Junior
Also, if you don't wanna reveal it, it's fine, but... 

Does Cirno's EYE'M THE STRONGEST! skill actually do anything besides make an exclamation point pop up on the screen?  Or is it there just because it's Cirno?  I've used it a couple of times and haven't noticed anything happen with it, though I could just be missing something...

But yeah, I use the summons all the time.  They're pricey, but you gave Cirno the MP to use em anyway, so it's not a big deal.  Daiyousei's one of my favorite skills in the game, definitely.  A shame summons (I'm figuring) can't be lelveled at all like spells can...  (Though since Cirno gets taken from me before Eientei, it might not matter much, I dunno.)

That reminds me, speaking of Eientei again...  How exactly are you supposed to do Reisen's illusion door?  I just wandered the forest replica a bunch of times until I got lucky and somehow found the right spot.  I tried both of the direction sets she gave me, starting from facing all 4 directions, but none of em ever seemed to work.  Or is it just "Wander aimlessly until you randomly get set free"?

CRITICAL EDIT:  It seems now I"m running into the 'your party's HP is set to random single-digit stuff for no reason' glitch again in my new file.  Just got done beating up Mystia (I'd died when I fought her earlier), about to go fight Rumia/Mystia's fight, go to heal in the Human Village with that magic jar thing in the weapon/armor shop, and then I see this happen...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 02:04:43 AM by jq1790 »

Rep:
Level 85
With Reisen's directions, keep note that she says in the direction that REIMU is facing, not you. So if REIMU is facing down, and the direction is left, it's to REIMU'S left (which in this case...would be going right). Confusing? Yes, but it's meant to be that way. Plus it's a way of having people pay attention and keep the directions somewhere. Something that people don't seem to have to do much in games nowadays!

As for EYE'M THE STRONGEST!, it actually DOES do something. It's a self-buff for Cirno only, and level 1 ONLY increases her Attack by 9 per use. Additional levels will also buff her Defense and Magic by 9 as well, and after level 3, it starts granting positive buffs like Protect and Regen. A little something that people wouldn't know about otherwise.

As for summons not leveling up? Welllll.....we'll just have to wait until the entirety of beta4 is done, won't we? :3

RMRK Junior
I knew about how to navigate the ACTUAL Bamboo Forest of the Lost maze...  I did that just fine.

I'm referring to the illusion door in Eientei where you're supposed to do...I'm figuring that very thing.
Yet when I tried, it didn't wanna work.  Oh well, I can just flail around and eventually get out if it chooses not to cooperate, so no big deal.

Rep:
Level 85
Huh...should be left, down, down, right. Which is the directions "Left, left, straight, right". Though Maybe I screwed up on the "right" part? Hmm...

RMRK Junior
Eh, not too big a deal.  Look into it, but it's not gamebreaking. 

Anyway, I just reloaded from an earlier save and fought the paired Team 9 members (Yay for getting those summons again!), and I noticed one SMRPG reference not long after that wasn't noted:  Aya, during the little thing where reimu's comforting Cirno before we go get slaughtered by the Ordinary Magician.

Aya:  (Fungah!  Foiled again!)  <- Reference to the beginning of SMRPG, after Mario kills Bowser's Kinklink and jumps on his head to get to Toadstool.

Rep:
Level 85
Oh hey, I'm glad you brought that up! I totally forgot I put that reference in there lol. There's some references I put into this game that I've forgotten all about (been trying to compile them into a text document to include with beta4 of all the references. You'd be surprised at just how many there are....).

RMRK Junior
Seems like it'd be easy enough to forget with how much stuff's in this game.  If I run into anything weird again, or notice anything I think is noteworthy, I'll put a post here.  (Like finding glitches and the like.)

Rep:
Level 85
That's what I'm hoping for from everyone, since this is just an alpha of the actual beta lol. There's bound to be plenty of bugs and glitches due to me messing around with everything prior to this. And to think....I haven't even installed command abilities yet x_x...

RMRK Junior
Command abilities...Do you mean like "hit these buttons in sequence to do X" type things?

Rep:
Level 85
No, like Coin Toss, Steal, etc.

RMRK Junior
Ah, right those things you were mentioning on the other pages...Right, forgot about those.  Should be interesting seeing those in action.  Haha, if it wouldn't probably break your programming abilities, I'd say try putting in Trances for each character, too.  Could be insane some of the stuff you could have them do.  *imagines Reimu able to do her UNL Fantasy Heaven if she were Trance-mode*

All kidding aside, even as-is, this is a pretty interesting game so far.  =)  Can't wait til I get Youmu, cuz she's awesome, and such.

Rep:
Level 85
I WAS going to have each of the character's "ultimate attacks" be a Limit Break, but that would've been a pain in the arse to try to do, and it wouldn't work with how I have sidequests set up for each of them later too lol.

RMRK Junior
Oh right, in SDM after beating up Meiling, and just remembered the group of 4 fairies in one room around a table, one of em references Revives and Tonics...  Should update the text to fit with current item names, you should.  Of course, this is hardly worth an update on its own, but something to package in with some REAL updates.

Also EEP Chimeras!  2-shotted Meiling/Reimu with Ice Storm, then OHKO'd Cirno with Flare Breath...  Ow.  Think I might need to level up at least once before fighting those...  Geez.  Notorious enemies, or so I thought til I re-looked at your list...  These things aren't notorious on the SDM's list, but a place LATER...Meaning these things are just tough in general without getting a special title.  Joy.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 03:01:05 AM by jq1790 »

Rep:
Level 85
Oh right. Silly me forgetting to change names! Well, at least you know what they were originally called! I wanted them to be actual Touhou items, hence why the change. Too bad Point items aren't used in any way that I can use them in here :<   Unless....I make an EXP Item to gain EXP automatically....hmmmmmm....

RMRK Junior
Or maybe since they were used to sort of "earn" lives, make them a collectible that you can use in a special 'shop' to get awesome stuff?  Cuz to be honest, P would make more sense for an Exp. giving item, if you think about how those are what LEVEL UP your shots in the regular games.

Rep:
Level 85
True, though I would have nothing else for the starting healing item (and the Big P at that) lol x_x