RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Brorrowind

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
New visual mod for Morrowind. Seems like there's a new one every 6 months, but this is the latest. It took me a few seconds before I realized that they were actually the same area. This looks so good.

Old

New

Old

New

Old

New

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Oh shit, this is convincing me to play Morrowind again

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Dear lord this is amazing.
Whenever I play Morrowind I can't do anything else...
I'm gonna have to pass.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Err... the first screenshot is from Oblivion.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Then why does it have the Morrowind HUD?

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
Then why does it have the Morrowind HUD?

It has the Oblivion HUD. D: I didn't even notice lol
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
D:
My mistake, you are correct sirrah. Turns out I haven't played either in a while now...
So, uh, why would an Oblivion screenie be there?

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
The first picture is of an old mod, which basically puts Morrowind in the Oblivion engine. The screen is of a lighthouse in Seyda Neen, but its just a reference. So yes, while the HUD may be from Oblivion, the location is from Morrowind.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Gnu it.
basically puts Morrowind in the Oblivion engine.
Urr...
1. Why? (Hadn't incorporated their own engine by then I'm guessing.)
2. Awesome.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 King of RMRK2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Shit, that looks like Myst honestly. Which isn't a bad thing, Myst was fucking beautiful.

Well, not the very first one, but Riven and Exile were godawesome.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I've never played any Elder Scrolls game (unless you count Oblivion: Fallout 3 Edition). Is morrowind a good one to start on?
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Yes. Morrowind's the best of them I think.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
If you can get past the awful graphics (perhaps by using this mod). I tried to introduce a few friends to Morrowind back when it came out. It didn't stick, because they couldn't get past how goofy it looked, and they weren't the type to mod (console-only people).

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Never got into it. Gameplay bored me, and the graphics burned my eyes. ALSO WHY CAN'T I HAVE A DRAGON/BE ONE.

Rep:
Level 96
There is undoubtedly a mod to let you accomplish this.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Never got into it. Gameplay bored me, and the graphics burned my eyes. ALSO WHY CAN'T I HAVE A DRAGON/BE ONE.
Cliche-breaker!

Rep:
Level 94
I actually think Morrowind has a much better world, but Oblivion's gameplay is better. I've said it a million times, but die rolls ruin the authenticity. They're fine in a turn-based game, but when you're standing over a mudcrab, beating the piss out of it with a hammer, and missing every other swing, I just can't suspend my disbelief. I like the physics-based combat of Oblivion so much more.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I've fought mudcrabs tougher than you, Holk.

Rep:
Level 96

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
by "puts morrowind in the oblivion engine" does that include gameplay wise because that might be interesting to play around with. graphics mods I honestly don't care about too much but that sounds interesting.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I've fought castles softer than Sword.

Rep:
Level 97
You elves are all flash, no fury.
Also:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 11:12:36 PM by Doctor Swordopolis »

Rep:
Level 94
by "puts morrowind in the oblivion engine" does that include gameplay wise because that might be interesting to play around with. graphics mods I honestly don't care about too much but that sounds interesting.

Yes, but this type of mod is usually very broken. As in, no quests, just areas to explore.

Rep:
Level 97
Also no levitation holmes, what up wit dat?
This almost inspired me to download/install Brorrowind (found the link and everything) but then I decided to just mod the fuck out of Oblivion since I've only ever played Vanilla.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I think I'm going to have to get Morrowind again. Damn it all.

I'm just hoping there's some decent mods out for combat, and text and such.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Gnu it.
basically puts Morrowind in the Oblivion engine.
Urr...
1. Why? (Hadn't incorporated their own engine by then I'm guessing.)
2. Awesome.
Oblivion and Morrowind use the same engine. It's just a landscape remake/port, most likely done with the Elder Scrolls Construction Set.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 04:11:08 AM by Firerain »

Rep:
Level 94
No they don't. Gamebryo is the successor to NetImmerse, which is Morrowind's engine. Though they are now lumped together, they're still different.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant

Rep:
Level 97

They essentially have the same similarities as Unreal Engine and Unreal Engine 3.
Holk even pointed out that they are lumped together currently, and the wiki page states that Gamebryo is the successor to NetImmerse.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 08:24:08 AM by Doctor Swordopolis »

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
Gamebryo is used throughout the video game industry. A sample of some games that use the engine are included below:

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind   2002   Windows, Xbox   Bethesda Game Studios   Bethesda Game Studios, ZeniMax Media

??

Rep:
Level 94
You're wrong, man. Just accept it.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
Explain that to me, then.

Rep:
Level 94
I already did. NetImmerse was used for Morrowind, and then once Gamebryo was made, the two were lumped together. Sword said it best when he was comparing it to UE. Games that were made in UE3 are still said to be made in UE, but UE1 is vastly different from UE3. It's not that difficult.

Rep:
Level 96
I installed this. Took me pretty much all day, and there's a weird issue where I can't play fullscreen, but all I have to do to fix that is alt+tab out of the window and maximize. Yeah, it looks amazing, and it actually does include a few non-graphical mods, like adding more random, nameless people to the world (so it seems less empty) like drunkards that want to fight you, commoners that do nothing, and travel companions. There's a few other fixes, like being able to make stronger spells, and other little tweaks. Nothing game-changing, or to give an unfair advantage. Mostly just stuff that really should have been implemented in the original game.

I like it.

Rep:
Level 96
but I can't play it anymore

because I have no AC, and it overheats my computer

guess I have to wait until winter or something

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
We had a problem like that, and we used an external fan to cool the computer.
Stupid idea, but we got to play games.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I tried that once : 3, i also took the case cover off the computer and it helped a bit, got a bit dusty though

Rep:
Level 96
Figured it out. Fans weren't coming on automatically at high temperatures, like they should. Found a workaround.

Rep:
Level 96
Okay, I give up. I can't finish one fight without the game crashing, so, no thanks.