RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Bioshock 2

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
The original Bioshock is one of my favorite games, and Bioshock 2 on its own isn't a bad game by any means. But it's really just the original - again. It's the same thing with some minor exceptions. It's an expansion pack.

The biggest problem I have is that it shouldn't be a FPS. Bioshock does an amazing job with setting the mood, and the FPS aspect just detracts from that and feels out of place. It probably would have been better going the survival horror route, since it seems that's what it tries to do anyway. But then again, there's nothing "horrifying" about this game. You're fighting people.

Being a successful troll and thinking you are a successful troll are two different things.

DICK MOVE
:tinysmile:

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Getting cranky about things means you got trolled  :police:
dude, you know me, I am cranky at all times. it's part of my charm.  ;8

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
You also like to cover up being cranky

Spoiler for:
I WONDER WHY ??? ???
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
um, cover up?

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I only made him think I was getting trolled
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
disagreeing is trolling.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Posting is trolling.
:tinysmile:

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
breathing is trolling.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
You guys are all =|

Anyways, I think Bioshock 2 sucks cuz my computer can't run it~
Arlen is hot.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I liked bioshock 2 over the first. If you call bioshock 2 repetitive, you'd have to admit that bioshock 1 is more repetitive. There's next to no backtracking, and much less (I can't actually remember any) of that ~spend half an hour going all over the place to proceed 30 meters further into the map past some arbitrary blocked area~ stuff. Sup arcadia.

I understand why it might be called just an expansion pack to Bioshock 1, but that's the entire point - it's a sequel, you're going back to the same place. Of course it's going to be similar looking, it's not like they built half of rapture different. They removed my gripes with the first (can't use plasmids and weapons at the same time), annoying and more tedious/boring puzzles.

I also can't imagine another genre working in that setting better than FPS.
bringing sexy back

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Getting cranky about things means you got trolled  :police:

Doneski
Rep:
Level 86
Roph is my favorite in this thread :)

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award

ZP review it ;_;
bringing sexy back

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
eh yeah the games story didn't really fit. but it was still fun to play. man this and the mass effect 2 review were really meh but the dantes inferno one was hilarious

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I liked some of the jokes in that one.

wallowing like a hippo in a vat of liquidized children
more leaks than British military intelligence
mashing candy bars against my face plate
GRR YOUR SELFLESS COMPASSION FILLS ME WITH MURDER FRENZY

that's why I watch Yahtzee anyway though, for his clever manner of speaking.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 09:02:23 AM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
those were funny still thought the overall review lacked good points. the Bioshock 2 one had some but the mass effect 2 one was a shitty attempt at a tear down. it's pretty obvious he liked the game when he could only come up with "BUT BIOWARE IS KNOWN FOR GOOD WRITING SO CLEARLY THAT DOESN'T COUNT ANYMORE" and "HURR DURR MINING SUX"

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Zero Punctuation isn't about a game review.
It's about witty humor and degrading remarks about popular franchises.

Except Portal.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
All the shit he says is right, though.