RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Borderlands

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Okay, I finished a few sidequests, put on my 1000+ capacity shield, redistributed my skill points, and found an S&S sniper rifle and a good hiding place and managed to take the BoneWhatever guy out. I've changed my mind, it's not so tough, I just have to invent a new approach every now and then I guess. Grr.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Lovin' Siren.  Double melee damage pistol + more melee damage + headshot critical melees = decapitation,

Rep:
Level 83
I'm loving the berserker. I'm currently using the Cracked Sash due to its small capacity and ultra-fast recharge rate. Works wonders for Payback and Unbreakable.
My life is like every script I write: It runs great except for the f*cked up bits.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Beat first playthrough. Going to do the second because I'm overcome with greed and the desire to build the most badass arsenal ever seen.

The final boss kicked my ass like 4 times before I finally beat it.

Spoiler for Bordurrlands Spoiler Alert:
After killing the 'The Destroyer' at the Vault gate you don't get to actually enter the vault. I am fucking disappoint. Although, the fucker did drop enough Combat Rifle ammo to fill my entire house.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I wish my computer didn't suck so much that I can't play this. ;-;

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Level 40 :) 2nd playthrough, about to kill sledge.

Got this god damn amazing alien weapon, fires faster than an SMG and hits like 900-1,200 damage. Infinite recharging ammo.

Brotip: check out the bounty boards and do the side quests, there are some great rewards.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I wish my computer didn't suck so much that I can't play this. ;-;

Playing on 360 here. 
I agree  ;9

Rep:
Level 96
I fucking hate Skags. On the second playthrough, you will spend 90% of your time fighting Skags.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Roph and I fucked shit up.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
This game has gotten really boring. I need to play online...level 24 and all the enemies are the same, easy to kill bandits. I don't even feel slightly motivated to go run around the bandit camps like I used to...having over 100K money really makes it easy to never need to hunt for money and the fact that it's easier to find a better weapon off the enemies than spend 25K on a mediocre weapon that you'll keep for only a little bit.
What's a better artifact than electricity? I already have shock applied because one of my skills, so should I go corrosive or explosion or fire?

Sooo...maybe I'll get on IRC later or just play something else.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Attaching for bored hoes.

http://rmrk.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=35341.0;attach=18357

Also:

C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\My Documents\My Games\Borderlands\WillowGame\Config\WillowGame.ini

bDemiGodMode=true

HP Can't go below 1.
bringing sexy back

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
This game has gotten really boring. I need to play online...level 24 and all the enemies are the same, easy to kill bandits. I don't even feel slightly motivated to go run around the bandit camps like I used to...having over 100K money really makes it easy to never need to hunt for money and the fact that it's easier to find a better weapon off the enemies than spend 25K on a mediocre weapon that you'll keep for only a little bit.
What's a better artifact than electricity? I already have shock applied because one of my skills, so should I go corrosive or explosion or fire?

lol you should be doing quests .-.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

lol you should be doing quests .-.

I am, what I'm saying is that that's all I'm doing.
The quests are okay, but it's like find me a sniper scope, body and barrel. The quests where you find the tannis logs are actually really exciting because of the story.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Installing now. Name: HolkDiggity

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I am, what I'm saying is that that's all I'm doing.
The quests are okay, but it's like find me a sniper scope, body and barrel. The quests where you find the tannis logs are actually really exciting because of the story.

there's more tannis logs as you go along.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
Here's a little something for people who want to fuck around. I take no responsibility if you fuck up your save.

What this is, is a Borderlands save editor. What it allows you to do is edit your characters XP, cash, level, skill points, set an actual RGB colour scheme for your character, change weapon proficiencies and maximum amount of ammo for your weapons.

Simply open your save, change the values you want, and hit 'Save'.

Download:
http://filesmelt.com/downloader/Borderlands_PC_Save_Editor.exe

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
After playing for two days, I can give my impressions so far:

First off, don't take any of this criticism too hard. This game is excellent, and it is the most fun I've had getting into a game like this since Oblivion. Of the three games that I bind together, (Fallout 3, STALKER, and Borderlands) I'm having the most fun with this one so far. That being said, here is a jumbled summary of what I think.

For starters, the game runs very smoothly. I haven't had one crash, lock-up, or freeze the entire time I've played. The music fits the atmosphere very well, and it reminds me of the old Fallout soundtracks, specifically the hand drums. The graphics are good, but I still don't know if I like the whole "comic book/cel-shading" thing that some newer games are doing. It looks better here than in Halo ODST, but I'm still not warmed up to it yet. I have seen a few odd bugs here and there, but nothing that made me ragequit. Usually, they just make me laugh and want to play again. I've seen enemies spawn two feet away from me, since the day/night cycle had reset while I was walking through a clan territory. I've gotten stuck in-between rocks, with no way of getting out. I had to take my shield off and throw grenades at my feet to continue. The only things that sort of annoy me are not glitches, but game mechanics that start to get old after a while. For example, the way that Skags will wait to come out of their dens until you've killed enough of them. One thing that I specifically love about this game is the "Second Wind" feature that you get if you can pull off a kill before dying. This adds a whole new level of strategy to gunfights: Rather than killing a bunch of tough enemies one at a time, I try to severely weaken a few so that I can pull off a last chance kill if I need to. I like the innovations that I see in the weapons, but there's still a bit too much stat-checking for me. I hate having to spend a few minutes deciding if one point of accuracy is better than one point of reload time. I'm noticing a trend in the games that I've been playing lately, specifically this and Dragon Age. They both seem curiously like Massive Multiplayer Offline games. I'm not a fan of MMOs, because I think they get stale too fast. Hopefully this trend is temporary.

Anyway, those are just a few of my scattered thoughts. All in all, like I said earlier, this is a very fun game right now, but I'm not convinced yet that it has the staying power of something like Oblivion.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Borderlands is kinda short, and it does feel kinda mmo-ish Holk, I agree, though I see it more like Diablo 2 but FPS instead.  Also, as far as staying power, there will be expansions :]

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
This gun is fucking extreme.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I'm noticing a trend in the games that I've been playing lately, specifically this and Dragon Age. They both seem curiously like Massive Multiplayer Offline games. I'm not a fan of MMOs, because I think they get stale too fast. Hopefully this trend is temporary.
Even though I haven't played Borderlands, I can only assume the makers do this because they want to allow the user to customize their character as much as possible. That opens up a lot of opportunities and, boy, do they like allowing customization. I heard the new CoD lets you basically put a scope on a handgun if you want or something. >_> Anyways, I do think having this kind of MMO aspect in FPSes sounds like a good conduct, but, as the name clearly shows, it's an MMO aspect; it belongs in MMOs. FPSes are those games where you don't really save progress and display your skill in it. ;p

Rep:
Level 96
Psh I have a shotgun that does 107 (x11) damage.

It likes to blow up cars.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
The second wind feature is really nice. It was one of the first things I noticed, it's quite good when you're overwhelmed but can still take down something.
I killed a Rakk once and it exploded with poison, it put me into the second wind scenario and there was nothing else to kill. :\

I don't think it has as much depth as Diablo 2 did/does.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Psh I have a shotgun that does 107 (x11) damage.

It likes to blow up cars.

I have one that's like 91 x12, which is pretty damned sweet.  Phasewalk damages someone, hit someone in phasewalk, go out of phasewalk, shoot point blank in the face.

Rep:
Level 94
I found something else that I wish was different:

Wandering the wastes to explore goes largely unrewarded, since most in-game objects only become "activated" once a questline is started.

Rep:
Level 102
Finished the second playthrough, done all of the missions I can find, cleared all the bounty boards.

Now I have nothing to do :(

It's nice that some sidequest bosses respawn, so I can count on skagzilla being there, or those spiderant boss bastards, or that guy in janistown etc, but other than than I just drive around killing stuff. I already have near perfect weapons, I never find anything better.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 09:04:46 PM by Roph »
bringing sexy back