RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Blizzard's new game? (It's starcraft 2, and it looks awesome!!!) =)

Poll

What do you think it'll be?

Warcraft IV
0 (0%)
Star Craft 2
6 (66.7%)
Diablo III
2 (22.2%)
Totally New Game
1 (11.1%)
Re-Starting Starcraft Ghost
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: May 21, 2007, 12:21:41 AM

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
So, Blizzard is releasing data on their "new" game. They're going to say it on Saturday, or sunday...

But I hope it's a "good" sequel to War Craft, or maybe Star Craft 2....They said it wouldn't be a WoW expansions, or what ever, but the best bet is Star Craft 2...no sequels, only one expansion pack, for the highest selling rts game ever....I want a Diablo III or Warcraft IV more than Star Craft II, but I hope what ever they say will be good, and I bet it.
I do not doubt them.

What ever it is, I can wait.

Here for further information:
http://www.blizzard.com/

You can click the time line on the bottom of the page.

The best bet is Starcraft II...  :-\
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 03:04:53 AM by Mexneto »

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
As much as I would pay someone to make D3, SC2 is the totally based option. They are too busy with WoW and it would be stupid to make a Warcraft IV, Starcraft Ghost was always a bad idea and people are too exicited with The Burning Crusade to have a new expansion, eventhough it would be impossible to do one so fast.
*whew*
Gaming rant there o.O
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
It is SC2.

www.starcraft2.com
Thank god, it looks amazing though!!!  :o

Rep:
Level 87
It would have been a great injustice for it to be something Warcraft.
They'll probably have Diablo 3 next, then maybe Warcraft 4. (at least I hope)
Poke!
Can you dig it?

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I thought you meant our member (x-member  ;9) blizzard.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I wish SC: Ghost would've been finished. I was looking forward to that game a lot.

Pure Awesome.
Rep:
Level 87
Narrowing Fabrications of an Elusive Mind
I hope it's SC2 so I can finally return to my RTS pwnage...

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I wish SC: Ghost would've been finished. I was looking forward to that game a lot.

I was very sad when they canceled Ghost....They let me down...

I hope it's SC2 so I can finally return to my RTS pwnage...

It is SC2. It's final, it seems like they've been working on it for a long time.
They have talent at keeping their mouth shut it seems like....

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
yep just found yesterday i was so excited man i love starcraft on and Toss FTW
i love there new units hopefully zerg will have some sweet new evolutions

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
I thought you meant our member (x-member  ;9) blizzard.

Yeah so did i.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
yep just found yesterday i was so excited man i love starcraft on and Toss FTW
i love there new units hopefully zerg will have some sweet new evolutions

Protoss are AWESOME, the Zerg are all about numbers, but they're pretty good too, if you don't have many troops, you're going to die...that's why I like toss, they can pretty much kill anyone, anything thing, they have a video with gameplay, it's the art video, or official video 2.

It looks amazing, and they're going to post a gameplay video soon. (total game play)

Rep:
Level 87
I just found out about Starcraft II this morning and watched the trailer.  Also visited the new official site for it here:

http://www.starcraft2.com/

Man...it looks pretty kickass.  Starcraft was the first RTS I ever played, and I loved it then.  S2 is probably going to be a different experience though, since it looks like they're using the same 3D engine as they did for Warcraft III.  So yeah, it looks absolutely beautiful...but graphics aren't everything.  I'm looking forward to the new storyline just as much.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
better graphics than wcIII, in my brother's words:
"It looks ****ing awesome."

Rep:
Level 89
I love Starcraft. 2 looks awesome It kinda reminds me of command and conquer 3.
i really looking forward to Diablo 3. 

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
i really looking forward to Diablo 3. 

Yeah....I know, I want one too!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
It really looks awesome <3
I can't wait for it to come.

I just found out about Starcraft II this morning and watched the trailer.  Also visited the new official site for it here:

http://www.starcraft2.com/

Man...it looks pretty kickass.  Starcraft was the first RTS I ever played, and I loved it then.  S2 is probably going to be a different experience though, since it looks like they're using the same 3D engine as they did for Warcraft III.  So yeah, it looks absolutely beautiful...but graphics aren't everything.  I'm looking forward to the new storyline just as much.
LOL

You must not have looked at any screenshots or gameplay movies XD

Rep:
Level 88
im so excited about sc2.
i cant wait to see the countering unit of the mothership for the terran and zerg.
DANG that mothership is powerful :P

Rep:
Level 87
LOL

You must not have looked at any screenshots or gameplay movies XD

Well, I had looked at some screenshots when I posted that and at first glance it looked a lot like a Sci-Fi version of WCIII.  Then later I saw the full gameplay trailer and I see what you mean now.  :D

i cant wait to see the countering unit of the mothership for the terran and zerg.
DANG that mothership is powerful :P

In the gameplay vid, wasn't the Protoss Mothership given unlimited energy just so it could show off its moves?  Either way, there's gonna be ways to take that thing down.

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
Looks nice but i hope they don't screw up. They should try to make it like Warharmmer with all the morale, captain, squad stuff. Also they should have kill counter and a exprience thing.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Hopefully it's more than just another RTS game. And carrying the name Blizzard doesn't count.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Warcraft III had level exp system.
I thought it was a sort of good idea, but they could have made it better and refined it more.

I hope they don't make a squad based game, because the games always had the battle field feel to them. Billions of troops in one little space.
And they said they want to make it so you can fit tons of troops on one screen, so I doubt they're making a squad system, but who knows...

Blizzard is the god at rts games, but I hope it's not like WC III, that game sucked.

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
That would be nice two. Hopefully they have formations and stuff. You can make dramatic battles with squads and stuff. But it would be more with objects and stuff though. Also, they should make so that if a troops survives for about 30 mins or something after going to so many wars, he becomes a hero and stuff.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
That would be nice two. Hopefully they have formations and stuff. You can make dramatic battles with squads and stuff. But it would be more with objects and stuff though. Also, they should make so that if a troops survives for about 30 mins or something after going to so many wars, he becomes a hero and stuff.

They do have different formations, atleast in the original they did. (I think)

And I don't like the idea of having a hero after having a troop stay alive for over thirty minutes or so, because heroes are characters that are in the plot, as in all blizzard rtses, so I don't like that idea...

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I watched the trailers, and then changed my boxers immediately.