RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How much space do MP3 files take up? [2k3]

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Master
I was reading some other questions on this site about music in their games, and somebody posted that MP3 files take up more space than MIDI files do. I am concerned about this because at one point when I was putting music on my game, none of the MIDI file music would work on the game. However, when I changed it to an MP3 file, it would work fine.

Somebody please inform me if this is true or not, and possibly how much space they take up in comparison to the other.
..........|¯•¸_¸,.•”ˆ¯....Thundercow....¯ˆ“•.,¸_¸•¯|..........
¯•_¹ˆ¯•ˆ¯¯±¸_Thunderclan WÅrrÏØr_¸±¯¯ˆ•¯ˆ²_•¯

Epequest
Game-25% complete
Demo-99% complete

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
If you're having MIDI issues, it's more likely to be your own computer having an issue reading the files. However, there are numerous solutions out there if I recall right. Just Google "computer won't play midi files" or something similar, and see what you can find. If you still have problems, I'll see what I can do to help.

As for MIDI vs. MP3... it's pretty obvious. MP3 has much more quality, but at the cost of being a much larger file. Just open up your audio folder and check the size of a MP3 compared to the MIDI file. This isn't to say that it's a bad thing to have an MP3 in your game, but if the final product of the game turns out to be something humongous because of just the songs, few people will want to spend that much time downloading it.

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Master
Okay, I'll check on the size. Maybe the MIDI files are muted or something.......I'll check real quick.

Epequest
Game-25% complete
Demo-99% complete

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Master
Sorry, but where exactly do I find settings for MIDI files on my computer? I knew at one time, but I forgot where it is.

Epequest
Game-25% complete
Demo-99% complete

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Right click
Properties
??
Profit
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep