RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
how to put a custom icon for the executable?

Rep:
Level 81
Literally every rpgmaker-game, that gets releases has its own icon for the executable of the game.
Can you tell me how to change it, or is there even a feature in the rpgmaker, that I overlooked?
sincerly
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 06:57:16 PM by rofl1337 »

Rep:
Level 73
RMRK Junior
Ok, when you have your 24x24 image, either press F12 (while in RPG Maker XP) or click on the materialbase here;

Then, go to "Icons" on the left hand side and click Import on the right, like so;

Select the image you want to put in your game. Then click and right click the background of the icon so it's transparant then press OK.
There! It should be in. Go back to your database -> Icons then change the image of a item to check if it's there!

Hope this helps! Good luck in making your game and having fun! :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 07:38:44 PM by SilentlyDying »
I am taking any small spriting or graphics requests you guys have! I'm only a noob at it so keep them small. Hey, i have to learn somehow :D

Rep:
Level 81
wow thanks for the fast reply, but I fear I haven't made clear, what I actually wanted.
What you just posted looks like a guide to add icons for items in rpgmaker xp.
I wanted to change the icon of the .exe-file that starts up your finished game.
For the rpgmaker vx the default icon is a little chess figure, while the default icon vor rpgmaker xp is an orange sun.
I want to change this icon for my project in a way, that it stays when the game is compressed and hosted.

also: f12 opens test-mode ^-^
sincerly

Rep:
Level 73
RMRK Junior
Ah, that i don't know how to do. I've done it before but i have forgot. Sorry. I'm sure you had to right click the icon while it's in it's folder but maybe i'm wrong. You're going to need someone a little more educated on that.  :'( I know what you mean though
I am taking any small spriting or graphics requests you guys have! I'm only a noob at it so keep them small. Hey, i have to learn somehow :D

Rep:
Level 73
RMRK Junior
I can't tell you exactly, but I found a guide on how to do it :)

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/change-file-type-icon-windows-7-and-vista/

Rep:
Level 81
I apprechiate your effort, but this article clearly states, that the icon changes do not get transfered when you have the file on another computer.
This fact makes the posted method useless for the purpose of changing the icon of our projects.

Rep:
Level 73
RMRK Junior
Yeah, i see. In that case i can't help you other than advising you to search Google  ^-^ Good luck.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I fixed your images. Helps to use the actual image link and not a random link that isn't even an image. Learn to use the internet please. Thank you.

Rep:
Level 73
RMRK Junior
Oh, my mistake. Thanks

Rep:
Level 81
I fixed your images. Helps to use the actual image link and not a random link that isn't even an image. Learn to use the internet please. Thank you.

thats nice of you grafikal, but I fear this will only confuse people even further, as the pictures do not relate to the topic anyway.

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku