RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Help!

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
I will protect the future!
I am having trouble creating a cut scene because there are too many control switches, it is getting very difficult and I can't seem to get it to work. The basic idea I had was to make it start off the game ( Starting scene...) with a scroll map effect, but to get that to stop and go on to the next part of the event I had to make a control switch to stop it (  REALLY ANNOYING ) Anyway, after that I tried to make a character move automatically, just back and forth repeatedly, very simple I thought. It wouldn't work for some reason! But, eventually I got passed that part and I added ANOTHER part to the event where an enemy pops out of the trees near him, How exactly do I do this anyway? Whatever, as I was saying, after that I added the final control switch, control switch C, and lo and behold IT DIDN'T WORK!
Any ideas people, I am totally lost here...
PS, sorry for the long paragraph, I couldn't really sum it up....

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
...whoa. Okay. Can you post screenshots of what you're trying to do here? It sounds like you're overcomplicating things by a longshot. @.@

Yeah sorry about the double posting I'm semi-new you know. Here are some of the scripts I'm using, but I don't know how to show images.

SCRIPTING-------

Event 1

@>Scroll Map: left, 100, 3
@>Control Self Switch: A= On

Event 1 page 2

I selected the box on the side bar with control switch A on.

I also recently took a lot of the scripting I had on there previously...

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
That's called Eventing, not scripting. Also, double posting has nothing to do with you being new - it means don't do it. By double posting, I'm assuming where you created the same topic two times.

Well that still doesn't answer my question, and I still say it's scripting... not eventing...

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Eventing is anything used by the event editor, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Open the fucking script editor and try to do anything. That's scripting.

Rep:
Level 81
Well that still doesn't answer my question, and I still say it's scripting... not eventing...

Grafikal is right. You're just using the event editor. Scripting actually involves typing in lines of code and creating functions from scratch.

Anyways, you should post some screenshots of the event editor(s) in your cutscenes and, if necessary, put up a download.

ALRIGHT! You know what, I didn't even ask for YOUR help, and frankly you aren't much help any way! So I have to ask WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM!!?? .....

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Touchy much? He's completely right, it's not scripting. In the RPG Maker, scripts are not what the characters say and do in cutscenes, scripts are programming code that make up the technological core of your game. You can see, add, and edit them in the script editor right up by the database tool. Events are the commands you do in the game itself, most specifically directly on the map or in the common events tab in your database. What you were doing is eventing, not scripting. To not know the difference means you probably should play around with the system a bit more to learn all of its functions before making a game.

Nonetheless, we will try to help you, but I'm gonna ask that you take a screenshot of your event page that you're working on, because frankly I don't understand what you're doing there. Just press the Print Screen button to take a picture, open up MS Paint or such, and paste your screenshot there. Save it and upload it here so we can see.

Fine I will show some screen shots but jeez you gotta cut down on the insults, it was a simple mistake, and frankly not a very big mistake either so why don't you just drop it. Also, I am not very familiar with RMVX so ease up on the whole "I'm better thing". I recently started...

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I missed the part where anyone said they were better than you. I was correcting you because if you go around asking for scripts and getting actual scripts when you're actually asking for event systems or tutorials, you wouldn't bitch about it then. Also, you seemed to think I was incorrect. I'm not here to deceive you, so you can just fucking ease up on the attitude.

Rep:
Level 81
Fine I will show some screen shots but jeez you gotta cut down on the insults, it was a simple mistake, and frankly not a very big mistake either so why don't you just drop it. Also, I am not very familiar with RMVX so ease up on the whole "I'm better thing". I recently started...

Quite frankly, I think there is a little too much drama online. Just saying to the two of you not to overreact over a misunderstanding next time.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Quite frankly, I think there is a little too much drama online.

THIS.   IS.   RMRK!!!!!

/offtopic

Rep:
Level 81
Well, that being put behind us, back on topic.

Go ahead and post the screenshots of your event editor. We can help you out.