RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[REQUEST] A monster attract/hunting script

Rep:
Level 88
I looked both here and at creation asylum, and found nothing that even comes close to what I want

I managed to make a common event, but the only issue is that it works, well, everywhere. Battling a squirrel inside a house? A deer in the middle of the ocean? A bunny rabbit right in front of the final, terrifyingly powerful, boss?

Using a parallel event in certain maps wouldn't work too well either, as the system I need is long, uses an item, etc.

>.> And I know that I would get people going, "Why doesn't this work inside!?"

The system is essentially something like the Pokemon attack Sweet Scent. Currently, you have to use an arctic herb to attract a separate set of monsters (squirrel, rabbit, deer, faerie, etc. Changes depending on region (so you can attract, say, a Mountain Goat while in the mountains, a Shark while in the ocean (although I plan to use a fishing system for that), and a Raccoon in a city). It starts out at strength 5 (so, it attracts, say, special animals (faeries, for example) at 5%, rare animals at 10%, uncommon at 25%, and common at 50%), then goes down to strength 4 (special 1%, rare 5%, uncommon 14%, common 40%), strength 3 (special 0%, rare 1%, uncommon 9%, common 25%), strength 2 (special 0%, rare 0%, uncommon 5%, common 20%), and then strength 1 (common 10%) before destroying the specific item

It would have to link the critters to certain backgrounds (eg. rabbit in snow field and woods, squirrel in woods, deer in plains and woods, raccoons in city, rats, erm, everywhere, those mutha****in snakes on that mutha****in plane in caves, etc.), with it causing a changeable text event (connected to a line in the script?) that tells the player that it can't be used in that place

Also, perhaps a way for it to call upon certain events at certain strengths by using a line of script in an event would be useful

(I suck at scripting, so I'll make something up here that likely has no relevance to what a script would look like outside of using events)

E.G.
@>Conditional Branch: Script: Strength=5
 @>Change screen color tone...
 : Else...

And if this can somehow all be done with an event (the strength system I got working, but the linking monsters to backdrops, well...), then please tell me

Also, as a side note, I remember there being a great fishing common event, but I can't find it now. It required no bait or anything of the sort. Any idea where it may have gone...?