RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Haven't been here in almost four years...

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
but this isn't an intro topic. I plan on pursuing my original project (The Elysian Fantasy: Exodus) in full-force...or rather while I have time since I'm in college. But I've noticed the new VX maker and I was wondering. Could anyone give me the pros and cons of VX as opposed to XP or even 2K3. I'm sorta partial to 2K3 because I've always liked the feel of it, but I'm thinking perhaps it's getting outdated? But yeah, any help would be much appreciated.
Current Project = The Eleysian Fantasy: Exodus 0% Done Re-Vamping Everything From

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Old member :P

Anyway, pros and cons between 2k3 and later makers are substantial, simply because of the introduction of scripting and also resource specifications are much more dynamic, but there are many people who prefer 2k3 because its eventing allowed for more complicated systems than XP or VX allow.

Between XP and VX, the only major difference is that the tilesets are limited and there are only two layers. This is a good comparison, I think: http://pockethouse.com/ - It's the latest entry, so it should be top of the page.