RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
does it bother you?

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back :P
when people with a post count of 1 ask this impossible task of a script, or a resource. cause it sure bothers me.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
yes!

Quote from: fake
Can you make a script that makes it so that when I do stuff what I want is that and is that possible? It thought it would be hard to make it do both at once, and also a script that makes my computer come to life and eat ice cream?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 88
you better start working on that boe, seems like a difficult task, eating ice cream n all

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
It doesn't bother me at all; then again, I rarely ever check the RM forums these days.

Rep:
Level 88
Random-Idiot
I don't care really. I rather have them ask it nicely the fiorst post then spamming upo 20 posts and then asking for it in a way I am like.. ZOMG.

I mean, not all newbies are noobs, and even if they where, noobs sure arent all stupid. When they are kind, I am happy to make something for them.
ALL HAIL ME™

Rep:
Level 88
ya true. i feel that way, unless they ask like a whole list and get angry when no one will take up the task,

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I don't do anything for anybody unless I get something in return. You people give too much.

Rep:
Level 88
I don't do anything for anybody unless I get something in return. You people give too much.
when you give you receive double back.
my mom always tells me that.
besides people will like you better if youre generous.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I'm generous as hell, but I'm still not doing anything for any random noob unless I get something out of it. For example, I'd do pretty much anything for people like Silver and Arlen because they're awesome and they deserve to get things from me. But for some noob? It's hardly worth it.

Rep:
Level 88
lol true. i usually dont answer the noob questions either. unless i can answer it pretty easy

Rep:
Level 88
Your greatest flaw is that you have a soul.
Personally I don't like people who come here, don't introduce, say they need a script or alike, we help, and they dissapear forever.

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
well u know if people find generous people on the forums they may be more likely to stay.

I know I was overall impressed with this forum when I started by how generous the people were.
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."

Rep:
Level 88
Same here.

However, talking specifically for this place, although I'm not here for a very long time I more or less detailedly studied this community and made a global search through members. There's hundreds of them asking one question, getting help, or making an arrogant post and never appearing again.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
well u know if people find generous people on the forums they may be more likely to stay.

I know I was overall impressed with this forum when I started by how generous the people were.

i completely agree
im learning how to make a game >.> takes a lot of reading

title: fantasy dreams:memories shadow
completion %: 0 >.> im still reading how to make a game

very true quotes :) especially the third one

"A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."
"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
"Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?"

Rep:
Level 88
The Anti-Squid Candidate
Yes, but it doesn't bother me as much as the noob-speak people use when making said requests, like:

i need  a 1337 charcter for my gasme. sumeon makeit. thax!!!!!!!!!111111111111!!1!!

Rep:
Level 88
Same here.

However, talking specifically for this place, although I'm not here for a very long time I more or less detailedly studied this community and made a global search through members. There's hundreds of them asking one question, getting help, or making an arrogant post and never appearing again.

I agree with that. I hate it when people do that, but, whatever, more members for us..
Project: Assult

Developed by: Phoenix studios.

Release Date: 2008 [Scheduled]

Game Engine: Irrlicht Engine (Graphics Engine) (Gameplay Engine unconfirmed)

Rep:
Level 88
Same here.

I agree with that. I hate it when people do that, but, whatever, more members for us..

Personally, I preffer quality over quantity.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
And people wonder why I usually don't help Nubs or write tuts. I've only written 2 tuts and I don't think they're here any more because they're old. So yeah, I dun help teh nubs. End of teh story.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
That was a great story.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I know, I should get the pulitzer prize for it!

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Or even the FU-litzer Prize!

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Even better!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Nope, not at all.
n00bs.... That is a different matter.

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
lol true. i usually dont answer the noob questions either. unless i can answer it pretty easy

Like my last questions ??  ;D ;D ::)

Rep:
Level 88
A good eventer and story creator.
I know i'm fairly...er...biased when it comes to this, but might it not be an idea instead of just giving random noobs little pieces here and there, would it not be more reasonable to create a large compound of the ideas and solutions and then distribute it in neat packages to those you feel deserve it.

Something like currency...well more like contraband. They supply the ideas, you create them...you get them posting with nice structure and thus creating valued members, then you give them what they want. That way if people spam to get 20 posts as such, you could...just deny them the thing they asked for.
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
My suggestion is tracking their address and burning their computer and anything connected to it and they slaving all members for eternity ;D

~Winged

Rep:
Level 88

Like my last questions ??  ;D ;D ::)
nah i answered yours cause youre not a noob who asks the same question again and again

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I still think we should punish noobism by eating people souls. Eating peoples souls fixes stuff.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Can you make me a script that does all teh graficks and sounds in ma game so I am cool and people think I is cool. KTHANXBI

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
I still think we should punish noobism by eating people souls. Eating peoples souls fixes stuff.

Sounds fun, we could give it a try.

Rep:
Level 88
How exactly do any of you expect a person to stop being a newb if you do not want to help him?

Alright, you can't exactly know who will remain here and help others and who will leave as soon as he gets what he wants but rightly from the same reason you should not decide not to help a newb. Gosh you were one at the very begining yourself and even, by some chance, you managed to learn and do everything by yourself there are people who can't or think they can't, wherethere is your duty and job, if you are already present at the, for example, troubleshooting section, to help those who ask for it as best as you can. A person asking for help might be a person who will, thanks to your assistance, make a beautiful, inspiring game one day, and you also have the ability to make him drop off his project solely for not being able to handle something he needs help for.

Rep:
Level 88
That's me in my bee outfit, do I look handsome?
How exactly do any of you expect a person to stop being a newb if you do not want to help him?

Alright, you can't exactly know who will remain here and help others and who will leave as soon as he gets what he wants but rightly from the same reason you should not decide not to help a newb. Gosh you were one at the very begining yourself and even, by some chance, you managed to learn and do everything by yourself there are people who can't or think they can't, wherethere is your duty and job, if you are already present at the, for example, troubleshooting section, to help those who ask for it as best as you can. A person asking for help might be a person who will, thanks to your assistance, make a beautiful, inspiring game one day, and you also have the ability to make him drop off his project solely for not being able to handle something he needs help for.

That's true, I always try to help others, who knows maybe he will give me a lesson someday or help me out. and if i don't help probably he'll stop asking for help and he'll stop using rpxp

btw ive been here for more than a year and im still considered a noob!

Rep:
Level 92
I do not considered as a duty nor as a job. I consider it as a service when I help people.
There is quite the different, but whatever ticks your boat.

Rep:
Level 88
Duh. Service, duty. I do not see it possible that "a service" may even function without a duty. Alright, job is somewhat forced meaning in this matter but I didn't really thought you'll lean against that specific phrase, rather than against the point of my post.

Just help. :)

Rep:
Level 88
If u can help help if can't don't but if u can help and you dont that's not nice

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Sorry, but it's hard for me to take these noobs serious when they ask a question and I take the time to take screen shots or explain it to them, they not only don't reply but I never see them again.  >:(

I also at one point did not understand switches, If they are going to ask a question about switches they should at least make sure they dont ask like this- I dint no how 2 do the switches 4 teh games to make it teh l33t!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 88
LOL well u have a point, a person with only 1-10 posts means he just wants help and he will never come back

Rep:
Level 88
Not always true...me personally am planning on at least ten posts for every post that is given to help me. (And so far, that's going according to plan)

So thankfully i'm not a noob, and although I won't be around here forever (i will sod off if I don't have anything to give or want anything) I do try to at least tell people about the site. (I'm a great fan of Gaiaonline.com at the moment. So that's why people don't see me much, and now people see me even less because i'm creating my game)
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I think the reason so many people like myself don't usually bother is because they have almost no incentive to do it. Like BOE said, they usually never come back after you help them, which really does take any feeling of being rewarded away from helping people.

I'm just saying, people who don't help n00bs or rarely do so have their reasons. 

Rep:
Level 88
Yep. I agree!
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Rep:
Level 92
@Decadent
Bah, I meant favor not service. Sorry about that.
I understood your post as if we are obliged to help. We simple must help the noobs and newbies.
I do not think we in any way are obliged to help. We can, but must not. I am not customer support nor do I think anyone else is.
If a person demands help then I most likely am going to ignore the topic.
I consider myself doing a favor when I people.

I got to admit that I am a bit lazy now and rarely help people anymore, though I still can do it if I see an interesting problem.
A well structured request for help has much higher of me answering it than a poorly structured and badly phrased request for help.
It can bother me if the topic is in my own bias opinion too crappy. I will simply ignore that topic.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
@Decadent
I understood your post as if we are obliged to help. We simple must help the noobs and newbies.
I do not think we in any way are obliged to help. We can, but must not. I am not customer support nor do I think anyone else is.

I got to admit that I am a bit lazy now and rarely help people anymore, though I still can do it if I see an interesting problem.
A well structured request for help has much higher of me answering it than a poorly structured and badly phrased request for help.
It can bother me if the topic is in my own bias opinion too crappy. I will simply ignore that topic.

I <3 it how you always put my thoughts into words.
I help, because I want to, not because I have to or because I get payed or something.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 88
@Decadent

You summed it up well. I agree on it with ya.

Actually, you made a right point - if a person sets a question, problem, or a request, and describes it in details and with some respect, we/you/ should try to help, regardless of the actual problem (if we can, of course). And yes, perhaps "culd u guys tell me how to make gamez and do 54 sprites plz thanxx luv ja" should be ignored.