RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Now what? ( Please assist again ) [RESOLVED]

Rep:
Level 87
Fighter: This is called a Random Encounter.
OK. I made some events like Lavata told me to with Switches. I did exactly what he told me to do. However, when I made some more, they just didn't appear. In Test Play, the opening event would happen, but then the note in one room wouldn't be there, but if I skipped over it with the CTRL Key Trick, it would be. Either way, when I go into the next room, the Boss Monster isn't there. What's going on?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 03:00:04 PM by RedKnight »

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Hrmm...I dunno. Do you think you could give us a few screenshots of whats happening? That would probably help.

For example: Take a screenshot of the map the event is located in, and also the even it's self (inside the event editor)

Rep:
Level 87
Alright. Just A Moment.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
It seems like for both the boss and the note you used the same switch, correct? If so then thats one of the problems. You must create a new switch each time, just using the same procedure as before.

This:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a136/DarkTheThief/NoteInBasementEvent.jpg

and this:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a136/DarkTheThief/MonsterInRoomEvent.jpg

have the same switch to end the event. Make a different one and then get back to me.

Rep:
Level 87
Hold on a second. How come my opening scene and entering the mansion scene have the same switch, but don't mess up?

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
That is strange. I can't really seem to tell from these screens..
But from the screen of EnteringTheMansionEventI can't seem to see the use of any switches.

It also appears that the other events as well rely on the sameswitch.

Does the note in that one room even work?

Rep:
Level 87
Yeah...Oh wait. I remember now. The entering the mansion one didn't need switches because you can't leave once you enter. Ha Ha. I can't believe I forgot that. Anyway, I'll go try and change the Monster's Switch and get back to you.

Rep:
Level 87
OK. Now it's working. I see now that I have to make a different switch for every single event that I want gone after it happens. Thanks again. You helped me out alot.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Solved? Add [RESOLVED] to topic title
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 87

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Thanks for doing so.  ;D
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 87
Your welcome. I posted resolved on all my other resolved topics as well, and I will continue to do so as they are.