RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] Strike's art and stuff

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
So I figured i'd make a thread with drawings and various things.  I'll be updating it as I make things.
DRAWINGS
Spoiler for:
my character i drew from a D&D campaign that never got off the ground. :baww: I suck at making halfway decent eyes. but I refuse to go anime on them.
Spoiler for:
a complete redesign I did on the outfit for the same character.

OLDER DRAWINGS
Spoiler for:
drawn last spring it's my Ragnarok online Blacksmith (on the left) Being clobbered by my friend Waldo's Reborn White Smith (he's level 99 :baww:) okay so it's sideways i'll reupload it later dunno why it was upload that way to begin with :shrugs:
Spoiler for:
My namesake is my Rp character (i use/used him in various RP's (original rp's, fan rp's are dumb)) in one of his incarnations' backstory he was a Mercenary.

SMILIES

Godot bean. (a coffee bean perhaps?)

STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM!  photo impact was being a dick and I stopped out of frustration, I'll probably finish it tomorrow unless someone else wants to color it. also I was gonna reduce it's size by about 50%.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:10:44 PM by boe »

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
baww updated with some older stuff

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
I like the clothes.  The third pic is cool.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Deviant art, yes/no?

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
no, because if I want feedback I'll post my art to the people I want feedback from.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
 ;9 I are sad now.

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female Member^_________________^f*ck u >:(LO !!
Quote from:  Strike Reyhi
I suck at making halfway decent eyes. but I refuse to go anime on them.

I have the same problem, but I can't even do proper anime eyes :(
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

Rep:
Level 85
Hmm...

Good Point:
You have a lot of detail in your work, especially in your older drawings

Bad Point:
A lot of the poses are kind of... Boring? Mainly in the one on the top of this thread, it looks very "blah".

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
i wasn't going for a pose with that one it was just concept art for a d&d character
but yeah i see what you mean.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
first off: *AHEM* go suck a dick topic warning it's my thread.

second:
Thunt was drawing his characters in alternate realities for this page of Goblins

http://www.goblinscomic.com/02112011-2/

I decided to quickly hash out a Cowboy Minmax for shits and giggles it was fun.

I also realized I don't have the scan of my Gasmask guy (which i should probably finish eventually anyway)  and I'd have to bust out my old laptop to do it because my scanner is unsupported in win7 and VitrualPC doesn't support usb devices.

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer
"Stop right there, criminal scum!"

Than line has so many memories associated with it, usually resulting in something like, "Then pay with your blood!"

My namesake is my Rp character (i use/used him in various RP's (original rp's, fan rp's are dumb)) in one of his incarnations' backstory he was a Mercenary.
I totally agree. I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought that way.

Anyway, the art: your people are slightly off in anatomy. The first guy from D&D's arms were too short. The wrists align with the crotch when held straight down at the sides, and yours are around the belt level. Also, he's pretty darn short considering his build. He's six heads tall: the standard for a little moe anime girl. For a guy like what you drew, it's better to draw him at full height (7.5 - 8 heads), or exaggerate a slight bit and make him more buff/heroic with 9 heads.

But your backgrounds are actually quite good. I admire that you actually draw out full pieces with color and backgrounds. You're so much less lazy than me.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
I think those are two the the best drawing's i've ever done; the Ragnarok one and the Merc one. I understand what mean about anatomy, I've never been super good with it. not sure what you really mean about height, I think the monk's legs are a little short but as far as height versus build I'm not looking to make 7 foot tall dudes i'm 5'11" my game avatar's intend to be that height i'm more broad shouldered for my height than most people I know so I guess that throws me off a bit.

and yeah fan RP's are mostly dumb. I've been in a good Gundam one a loooooong time ago but it was only good because it was set in the universe but separate from the actually storylines of the shows.

Also I completely forgot I never finished that Damn smiley.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 06:31:48 PM by Strike Reyhi »

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer
This is pretty much what I meant with the head scale. Seven and a half heads is generally the standard six feet when transposed to the art world, or it could be eight, depending on the size of the head. There should be examples in pretty much every anatomy book, but the one I got it from was Figure Drawing For All It's Worth, by Andrew Loomis. It's an old book, but the human body hasn't changed as far as I know. Definitely worth a read for any artist, no matter what style you're aiming for.

I'm putting my thoughts on RPs into spoilers because they're not really relevant to your art:
Spoiler for:
Your Gundam thing was probably one of the better RP setups. I like RPs that involve a good setting, for instance, Higurashi's, in which the main characters go insane and murder each other every few episodes. I don't like using the characters from the story the RP is based on, i.e., I'd absolutely never use Naruto in a Naruto RP. RPs are better when they utilize all the players' creativity, and being bound to stock characters generally doesn't accomplish that.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Any time I've run a fan rp I have had the stock characters in there, but mostly in a plot device sort of role. For instance, in a mega man x rp, X would totally be there- but he'd be the one running your paperwork and dishing out assignments. He might come into combat as an emergency assist.

I actually had a neat idea for a dispatch system- you submit where you're going and how many people you have, and depending on variables it would randomly give you npc's that would auto-roll on their turn in combat. If you were REALLY lucky, and the system determined them to be available, you might actually get X or Zero or a big name, but this was a rarity.