RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Co-Op projects

Rep:
Level 87
Always wondered how people work together on projects. The most I ever done is help people with writting dialogue or resource finding, same for having people help me with projects. When a person has help with scripting or coding as in 2 or more people are coding a game how does that work? You can't exactly share a computer.

Share your stories  :D

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
that will be a nice pleasure to explain you.
i've been with someone for a yr in a half on a rpg maker project. how we work?

-only one of us may do database(something else than comon events)
....its cuz we cant ''copy paste'' database's information(bside comon event)
-as we use switches/variables, we tell each other which one, and where
.... that would be dumb having 2 versions with the same switches for 2 different uttilities,huh?  ;)
-we always e-mail each others bfore telling the other what we're doing
.... lolll what if we do the same stuff without knowing?

i think that's all
then.....

Normally, the first time, or if we're on a different computer, we send the game with ressources. Then, each time we get new ressources, we send each others the new ressources in question. Now, the person that did database has the ''base game'', since database data can't be copied, it'll will be the base game, means stuff will be added into that version. So the guy that has both version will copy paste maps, one by one,add common events if he did. so once the version is complete, we send back, this time, without ressources(why? lol just to buy us some time, the ressources are the same in the older version, once we zip the game, we open it, and delete all ressources, leaving the RTP and the maps. Then, we copy paste ressources and add it back in the game that just got transfered. then, we open the game, check if all the stuff was added, if it's okay, we delete the older version, and we're ready to work again! ;D
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 12:18:11 PM by HolyQuebec »