RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] Matt's Art

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer

Rep:
Level 83
Look at me, runnin' and all
Project of the Month winner for August 2009
I really, really enjoy to see how you grow and how you just keep doing it. This topic represents the saying that you'll learn eventually by just doing it.
  - 

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
That is actually bloody amazing work Matt.
Looking awesome, definitely keep it up!
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 72
Spell Card User
Thank you for not skimping on the hands :0 I know so many artists that force their characters into stupid and ridiculous poses just to avoid drawing them (like me, for example ><)

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer
@Pacman - I'll try! I've been being so lazy recently, it's hard to even pick up my tablet pen.

@Mein Captain - Since I learned that Sai's marker tool was better for inking than the pen tool, I guess.

@Japur - You DO eventually learn over time, but progress is much faster if you go through millions of anatomy books and study it all the time, draw from life, hang around other pros, etc. I don't do a single one of those things very consistently. Anatomy studies are boring, so I don't do as many of them as I should.

@Heaven Miracle - Don't worry about the hand thing. Hands are difficult, and they come with time. I'm pretty bad at them as it is, so I did this for practice:

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
I was supposed to keep working with my tablet and rival you... but I lost my pen... *sigh* and now you're doing amazing and I'm left alone... Oh well. C'est la Vie~! I love your angel and demon sketch. It looks beautiful! Did you have to use a bunch of references to get the hands just right or was it pretty much trial and error?
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 69
RMRK Junior
Absolutely beautiful art man. 

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer
@Thanatos - Thanks.

@Sashikinaroji - The hands were all trial-and-error. They turn out a lot better when I use references, but I'm lazy. Also, don't worry about not catching up or anything. I haven't drawn in two months.

A commission for a friend: Spongebob fighting Kakashi. Didn't pay any attention to perspective at all.

My character, Naomi, as she appears at 10 years of age. Done on an Oekaki board.

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
H o l y   S h i t .

That's awesome.

Do you take requests for faces? I can pay.

Gods ain't gonna help ya son...

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer
@Stark - Absolutely. Just shoot me a PM any time you want a face done.

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Why thank you sir. Funds are a little tight right NOW, but I will message you soon. I just got a job again.

Rep:
Level 86
Great! Amazing! yey!!!! I want to start drawing again!!! And, from the sounds of it are you in school for this? and/or 3d animation? *jealous* :) keep it up!

"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

OK, so what's the speed of dark?
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Since there's a duck-billed platapus, is there just a plain platapus? If so... what does that look like?

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer
@Strak - I look forward to it. I just rolled my ankle and can't walk for awhile (it looks like an amateur modeling project), so I won't be able to work for some time. Drawing is a nice source of income, since I actually enjoy it. Much better than hanging up clothes.

@FruitBodyWash - I'll be a senior in high school this year. So no specialized classes yet. I'd love to do modeling, but I remember my laptop lagging last time I tried to model something more complex than a box. That and 3DS Max's start-up time can be anywhere between five and ten minutes, depending on the day.

*Scrounges around for a picture to post*

Ah, here's a sample face:

His skin looks bad, but then again, I didn't spend too long on it.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 04:01:50 AM by Matthew »

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Sucks to hear. Hope your ankle gets better soon!

BTW, You're a senior this year? No way! I'm... a senior too I guess. Canada's a bit different. We just say grade 10, 11 and 12. Correct me if I'm wrong, Freshman year is Grade 10, Sophomore is grade 11, and Senior is Grade 12?

Rep:
Level 69
freshman 9 soph10 junior 11 senior 12

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
...Really? I thought Freshman was first year in high school...

EDIT: High School starts at grade 10 in Canada. Where I live.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
You're all fools; high school starts at grade 7. It is then divided into Junior high (i.e. the whiny brats) and Senior High (the people who can go in the mezzanine).
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Err... Junior High can be referred to as middle school in certain places. Technically it's not High school until grade 10 (In Canada).

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer
I think the system varies from school to school. My high school covers grades 9-12, going freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior. I started middle school in 5th grade, but just before I graduated, they changed it so that the "upper elementary" included 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades. The middle school, or junior high as some call it, now has 6th, 7th, and 8th.

So, where I live:

Elementary: Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd
Upper Elementary: 3rd, 4th, 5th
Middle School/Junior High: 6th, 7th, 8th
High School: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th

To each school its own, I suppose.

Oh, and here's some art:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 01:04:27 AM by Matthew »

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
That makes more sense to me. Thank you for clarifying that.

EDIT: By the way, that art looks great, but something about the hair feels off...

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
I think I know what it is... The hair is touching the box, which means that it should flip out entirely (showing only the front of her hair, that is, the hair that would normally touch her bacK), instead, we have a fold of hair (showing the back of the hair to the viewer), making the scene look unnatural or posed...
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 86
I think the hair is fine, :) The ankle is a bit off, I think maybe the foot is a little small, and at the angle that the foot would be if her leg stays as it is (may a little tweaked, pulled up a little bit) you might have a lot more of the the bottom of the foot and heel, straight on (so not seeing as much of the side and part of the top of it, usually, if you're showing the bottom of the foot, you don't want to see much of the top. :) but everything else is great :) love the angle of the shoulders. 
P.S.  I don't know what you're using for a laptop, but I've found my computer can usually handle Lightwave. (unless I clone an object 50 times, lol... I was trying to make leaves for my tree... I have to find some other way) but the modeling itself it handles quite well, and the animation part (the Layout) is in a separate program, so it might help cut down on some of the computers "work" to do the modeling separately.  :) If I could go back, I would so get into school for 3d modeling/animation :D and lol, of course, video game creation!  (instead of the math degree I now posses :P)

"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

OK, so what's the speed of dark?
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Since there's a duck-billed platapus, is there just a plain platapus? If so... what does that look like?

Rep:
Level 69
what might help is if you sit in the same position as your planned drawings so you can see what angles and distances would make sense for it

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Yes, sit in the same position as your art, then look at yourself and draw.