RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How many frames = 1 second?

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
I use XP, and I was curious, how many frames(Like when you put in a "Wait" or "Screen Flash" command) equals 1 second?

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween

Postextender2000incasemypostistooshortthoughIdon'tthinkitwillbegetmypoint.

EDIT: My bad.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 01:27:06 AM by cozziekuns »

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
In the event commands. 20 frames is 1 second. In an actual script 40 is 1 second.

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
Really? I'm pretty sure it's the same for both. I don't see any reason it would be different, save for lag.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Checking through the Interpreter, Game_Guy is right. However, I have no idea why they do that as well.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
check Smooth mode = 40 fps
uncheck Smooth mode = 20 fps ยด(I think that it only renders every other Graphics.update call)

That is probably the reason for 1 frame in an event command = 1/20 second

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
Im a bit confused
I was reffering to the Event command called Wait. So its 20 Frames= 1 second?

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
In the event commands. 20 frames is 1 second. In an actual script 40 is 1 second.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
Well okay Mr. Smartass
JK, the period after even commands is misleading

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
sorry... I... I just can't resist sarcasm... It calls to me. hahaha.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
I know your pain. If theres even the slightest chance for sarcasm, i'll go for it, even if you cant really use sarcasm over the interweb