RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Simple Script Shop

Rep:
Level 87
ok well let me see the script I will see if my friend and I can edit it.

no I do not have the script any more, becuase my computer crashed, so I had to get a new computer. so its all gone.

I would have gave you the version we were working on but Its my stupid old computers falt!

ok so maybe i'll be able to fix it.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Can I request a simple HUD that's in the top lefthand side of the screen.
All it needs to do is show the member in the first slot of the party's HP, EXP and gold.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
umm...does he have a custom skill learn script or something?
because the skills menu is not normally used to display skills that are learned, it
displays currently learned skills, and selecting one (for use out of battle) pops up the actor
select window to choose who to teach it to.

eh? NAM, the skills menu doesn't teach actor skills. I think he just wants it so that the target window is always there, horizontal selection along the bottom. So that instead of making target window visible after you select a skill, it just becomes active and you select which actor down along the bottom row.

@SirJackRex: Blizzard's Tons of Addons Features an HUD like that.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 03:54:52 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 87
any one is good for me just put what you think is good.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
@modern:
he wants the same thing as the item menu only on the side of were he said "what ever you want to put here"

so when you click on an skill, the charecters show in that box then you pick who you want to have that skill.

understand now?

@xiruna:wow I worded that wrong
the skills window normally is used to select certain skills for out of battle use, then which one to use it on, not which to teach it to.
that and I'm confused all over again.
you are working on a skill learning script, but don't have it anymore, and want me to make an interface for it?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
@SirJackRex: Blizzard's Tons of Addons Features an HUD like that.

Yeah, I guess I can use Tons of Addons...Thanks!  ;8

Rep:
Level 87
whatever just forget about the skill window. Just can you do the item window sence there is so much confusion?

EDIT:

Ohh cool I just found a script thats sorta like the one My friend wanted so i'll just edit it!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
for the skill or both?
cuz I've only gotta fix up the selection thing to finish the inventory

also: dreadfully sorry about all the confused-ness

Rep:
Level 87
just the skill.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
sorry again about all the confusion

Item menu complete
Code: [Select]
#===============================================================================
# NAMKCOR's Requested InventorySystem(Xinrua) v1.00
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Features:
# > Upgraded Item Menu
#   -- Displays item select at the top, descriptions below, and
#      customized horizontal display target window
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Compatability:
#   Most likely incompatable with other CMSes
#   Most likely SDK compatable
#   -No Known Incompatability Issues-
# Versions History:
#   1.00 - Finished all features, most likely bug free
# Bugs and Incompatability:
#  If you find bugs or incompatability issues with this script, contact me and
#  I will do what I can to make it compatable/fix whatever bugs you find
# Contact Info:
#   RMRK - NAMKCOR
#   ChaosProject - NAMKCOR
#   IMGHQ - NAMKCOR
#   E-Mail - Rockman922@aol.com -or- rockmanamkcor@yahoo.com
# Special Thanks:
#   Xinrua - for giving me the request
# This menu was created for Xinrua on rmrk
# This menu is only to be posted on RPG Maker Resource Kit, Chaos Project, and
# Infernal Monkey Games IQ (rmrk.net, chaosproject.co.nr, imghq.co.nr)
# if this script is posted on any site other than the ones mentioned above
# it is stolen and I would like to be contacted immediately
#===============================================================================

#===============================================================
#DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS LINE UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!
#===============================================================

# Inventory : Has : NAMWindow_Target, Scene_Item
class NAMWindow_Target < Window_Selectable
  def initialize
    super(0, 325, 640, 150)
    self.contents = Bitmap.new(width - 32, height - 32)
    self.z += 10
    @column_max = 4
    @item_max = $game_party.actors.size
    refresh
  end
  def refresh
    self.contents.clear
    for i in 0...$game_party.actors.size
      x = (i * 152) + 7
      y = 4
      actor = $game_party.actors[i]
      draw_actor_name(actor, x, y)
      draw_actor_state(actor, x, y + 63)
      draw_actor_hp(actor, x, y + 27)
      draw_actor_sp(actor, x, y + 43)
    end
  end
  def update_cursor_rect
    if @index <= -2
      self.cursor_rect.set(@index * 150, 0, 150, self.height-32)
    elsif @index == -1
      self.cursor_rect.set(0, 0, @item_max * 150 - 32, self.height-32)
    else
      self.cursor_rect.set(@index * 150, 0, 150, self.height-32)
    end
  end
end

class Scene_Item
  def main
    @help_window = Window_Help.new
    @item_window = Window_Item.new
    @item_window.y = 0
    @item_window.height = 250
    @help_window.y = 250
    @item_window.help_window = @help_window
    @target_window = NAMWindow_Target.new
    @target_window.visible = false
    @target_window.active = false
    Graphics.transition
    loop do
      Graphics.update
      Input.update
      update
      if $scene != self
        break
      end
    end
    Graphics.freeze
    @help_window.dispose
    @item_window.dispose
    @target_window.dispose
  end
  def update_item
    if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
      $game_system.se_play($data_system.cancel_se)
      $scene = Scene_Menu.new(0)
      return
    end
    if Input.trigger?(Input::C)
      @item = @item_window.item
      unless @item.is_a?(RPG::Item)
        $game_system.se_play($data_system.buzzer_se)
        return
      end
      unless $game_party.item_can_use?(@item.id)
        return
      end
      $game_system.se_play($data_system.decision_se)
      if @item.scope >= 3
        @item_window.active = false
        @target_window.x = 0
        @target_window.visible = true
        @target_window.active = true
        if @item.scope == 4 || @item.scope == 6
          @target_window.index = -1
        else
          @target_window.index = 0
        end
      else
        if @item.common_event_id > 0
          $game_temp.common_event_id = @item.common_event_id
          $game_system.se_play(@item.menu_se)
          if @item.consumable
            $game_party.lose_item(@item.id, 1)
            @item_window.draw_item(@item_window.index)
          end
          $scene = Scene_Map.new
          return
        end
      end
      return
    end
  end
end
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 01:14:32 AM by NAMKCOR »

Rep:
Level 87
This is a CMS, but im not worried about having it completely customized - using the DMS format is fine with me as long as the new parts are included :) (this is from the topic in this forum, except i have added more to the information at the bottom)

yes, i know there are scripts out there for more than 4 party members in the menu, but im needing a BIG group for my game, approximately 15 people, and they are all supposed to be fighting at the same time, using Mr. Mo's SBABS script (found here: http://anonym.to/?http://www.hbgames.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19797). Before you take one look at this request and dub it "too hard", think about how you would really make it ;). All I really need is an edit of the DMS so that i can select more than just 4 party members for skills/equipment/status, etc., but i HAVE to have at least 15 party members.

the way that i think this could be done is by having a "scroll" option that you can select down at the bottom of the 4 party members that are part of the dms, and have it allow you to swap back and forth between the party members in groups of 4. It doesnt have to be anything fancy, im just needing a menu system that allows me to work with the whole team, and not just 4 party members. What this means is to allow me to use the menu commands (ie. status, equipment, skills, etc.) on all the party members. Also, please add a switch that i can turn on/off to allow certain party members to not be shown on the menu.

___

Alright, here's a list of the features I'm looking for. Ill seperate these into 2 groups: Needed Features and Wanted Features. All the features in Needed Features are what I need in the script, but the ones in the Wanted Features are not as important so if you cannot do one of these features, dont worry about it - just as long as all the Needed Features are finished and as many of the Wanted Features that you can manage.

---===Needed Features===---
-Scroll through a list of every single member of your team, including those who are not currently in your main party.
-Can have up to 20 party members on the list at one time.
-View stats for all party members in the list (same stats that are shown on the DMS main menu window)
-Control which party members can be seen in the list using a series scripted switches
-Use items on any party member in the list from the main menu (this can be switched on or off in the script itself)
-Use skills from any party member in the list from the main menu (this can be switched on or off in the script itself)
-Equip/Unequip weapons and armor from any party member in the list from the main menu (this can be switched on or off in the script itself)
-Check the status of any party member in the list from the main menu (this can be switched on or off in the script itself)

---===Wanted Features===---
-Steps window removed and Play Time window moved down to allow more menu commands (personally the steps window is annoying and there is no real point in having it)
-Gradient Bars used for HP, SP, & Exp for all party members on the list
-New menu commands: Active Party, Teams, Load
-”Active Party” menu command: Change the members of your current active team with those from the whole list to allow easy party changing (this can be switched on or off in the script itself)
-”Teams” menu command: Save up to 10 different party member configurations for quick party customization. Can have from 1 to 4 party members per team.
-”Load” menu command: Load a previously saved game. (i find it annoying that you can save the game but you cannot load it from the menu, so i fixed that!)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
jeez, if I wasn't going camping next week I'd take a shot at that

(yeah Rune, plz, next to my name on the 1st post, put <CAMPING> plz :D)

If noone else takes it by the time I come back, I'll take a crack at it

Rep:
Level 87

thanks :) i know its looks like a big request, but its basically just allowing a scrolling method to switch between party members and then use the menu commands on the current page of the party... from what i can tell, it's nothing overly big, but you're the one coding it  ;). the other features are just to enhance the CMS.

OH! i forgot to add this (sorry), could you make it so that i can switch the party members to the active party through the menu? (basically a party-switching script for the menu itself) this is a needed script i totally forgot about ,sorry :(

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Can I request a script that has a rating system for how much damage you do in battle, like:
If you strike with a high amount of damage, it'll say something like AWESOME!, and the less damage, you get stuff like Sweeet!, Amazing!, Pretty Good, Good, Bad, Horrible...

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Can I request a script that has a rating system for how much damage you do in battle, like:
If you strike with a high amount of damage, it'll say something like AWESOME!, and the less damage, you get stuff like Sweeet!, Amazing!, Pretty Good, Good, Bad, Horrible...

I'll see what I can do when I get back from vacation on sunday
(leaving this afternoon)
:NAMKCOR calls dibs on this request XD:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Awesome, thanks!  :o

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.

thanks :) i know its looks like a big request, but its basically just allowing a scrolling method to switch between party members and then use the menu commands on the current page of the party... from what i can tell, it's nothing overly big, but you're the one coding it  ;). the other features are just to enhance the CMS.

OH! i forgot to add this (sorry), could you make it so that i can switch the party members to the active party through the menu? (basically a party-switching script for the menu itself) this is a needed script i totally forgot about ,sorry :(

F*ck. I'm afraid that's a little bit too complicated for the likes of my unbelievably puny brain...

@kami130 - Same there matey, sorry :(
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 87
alright, in most of my tracks (.mp3's) they have sort of an intro, but then i want them to loop for things like long maps where the song might repeat many times. Obviousy, I don't want hour long tracks. So:

can you make a script where when a track's filename ends in _A (to choose whether I want this script to act or not on certain songs) and that same track ends, the game continues to play a similar mp3 with a filename based on the playing track w/o the _A? ("track name"_B.mp3

Or, if the _A must stay, _A2 is fine.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
when I'm done with the other request, I'll see what I can do.
might not be able to do it though
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 06:49:53 PM by NAMKCOR »

Rep:
Level 87
on second thought, perhaps, rather than searching for tracks with ending _A, it could just only load the 'track'_A.mp3, if it has one, and if it doesn't, it loops like normal.

Rep:
Level 87
RIP w-hat the fork
Aye, I am back again.

requesting a script which allows a new option in the menu to choose a character graphic, from a selected list of graphics, and when you make this selection from the menu, it changes a selected variables value as well.

If you can make it so where the buttons look like the character graphic, but it also changes the battle graphic, that would be better.

I could care less about how its setup although, so you can make that your own stuff.

And this script will be useful for others, say they have magic, and they can use it to transform into say a cat.

And it is rather important in my game, so if you can make it as soon as possible, the better.
Huge sig is huuuuge.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
You guys should make a separate topic with all the completed scripts you guys have made. Lock it, and direct here for questions. It will make it a lot easier for people to find your scripts.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
ok...I have a request..it should be simple but i suck at scripting and cant do it myself

first off, if you havn't, look here

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7451.msg118725.html#msg118725

I added the movie script in the game, and in Scene_title I swapped the commands that load the title with the command to load the movie, in hopes of getting the movie to play at the title screen.

I hear the audio to the movie, but the screen is black..help please

The Movie script
Spoiler for:
###########################################################
class Scene_Movie
#Created by SoundSpawn
#Fixed by Popper
#Instruction
#  1) Movies must in in a new folder called Movies in your directory
#  2)If you call this script from and event (EG:    Call Script: $scene = Scene_Movie.new("INTRO") )
#  3) Have fun playin movies with this script!!!

def initialize(movie)
@readini = Win32API.new 'kernel32', 'GetPrivateProfileStringA', %w(p p p p l p), 'l'
@movie_name = Dir.getwd()+"\\Movies\\"+movie+".avi"
main
end

def main
game_name = "\0" * 256
@readini.call('Game','Title','',game_name,255,".\\Game.ini")
game_name.delete!("\0")
@wnd = Win32API.new('user32','FindWindowEx','%w(l,l,p,p)','L')
@temp = @wnd.call(0,0,nil,game_name).to_s
movie = Win32API.new('winmm','mciSendString','%w(p,p,l,l)','V')
movie.call("open \""+@movie_name+"\" alias FILE style 1073741824 parent " + @temp.to_s,0,0,0)
@message = Win32API.new('user32','SendMessage','%w(l,l,l,l)','V')

@detector = Win32API.new('user32','GetSystemMetrics','%w(l)','L')
@width = @detector.call(0)
if @width == 640
fullscreen
Graphics.update
sleep(0.1)
Graphics.update
sleep(0.1)
Graphics.update
sleep(0.1)
fullscreen
end

status = " " * 255
movie.call("play FILE",0,0,0)
loop do 
sleep(0.1)
@message.call(@temp.to_i,11,0,0)
Graphics.update
@message.call(@temp.to_i,11,1,0)
Input.update
movie.call("status FILE mode",status,255,0)
true_status = status.unpack("aaaa")
if true_status.to_s != "play"
break
end
if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
$scene = Scene_Map.new
break
end
end
$scene = Scene_Map.new
end
end

And Scene_title

Spoiler for:
class Scene_Title
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # ? ?????
  def main
    # ????????
    if $BTEST
      battle_test
      return
    end
    # ??????????
    $data_actors        = load_data("Data/Actors.rxdata")
    $data_classes       = load_data("Data/Classes.rxdata")
    $data_skills        = load_data("Data/Skills.rxdata")
    $data_items         = load_data("Data/Items.rxdata")
    $data_weapons       = load_data("Data/Weapons.rxdata")
    $data_armors        = load_data("Data/Armors.rxdata")
    $data_enemies       = load_data("Data/Enemies.rxdata")
    $data_troops        = load_data("Data/Troops.rxdata")
    $data_states        = load_data("Data/States.rxdata")
    $data_animations    = load_data("Data/Animations.rxdata")
    $data_tilesets      = load_data("Data/Tilesets.rxdata")
    $data_common_events = load_data("Data/CommonEvents.rxdata")
    $data_system        = load_data("Data/System.rxdata")
    # ?????????????
    $game_system = Game_System.new
    # ?????????????
    $scene = Scene_Movie.new("Title")
    # ????????????
    s1 = "New Game"
    s2 = "Continue"
    s3 = "Exit"
    @command_window = Window_Command.new(192, [s1, s2, s3])
    @command_window.back_opacity = 160
    @command_window.x = 320 - @command_window.width / 2
    @command_window.y = 288
    # ???????????
    # ?????????????????????????
    # ???? @continue_enabled ? true????? false ???
    @continue_enabled = false
    for i in 0..3
      if FileTest.exist?("Save#{i+1}.sav")
        @continue_enabled = true
      end
    end
    # ???????????????????????????????
    # ?????????????????????????
    if @continue_enabled
      @command_window.index = 1
    else
      @command_window.disable_item(1)
    end
    # ???? BGM ???
    $game_system.bgm_play($data_system.title_bgm)
    # ME?BGS ??????
    Audio.me_stop
    Audio.bgs_stop
    # ?????????
    Graphics.transition
    # ??????
    loop do
      # ????????
      Graphics.update
      # ???????
      Input.update
      # ??????
      update
      # ????????????????
      if $scene != self
        break
      end
    end
    # ?????????
    Graphics.freeze
    # ????????????
    @command_window.dispose
    # ?????????????
  end
  # ? ??????
  def update
    # ????????????
    @command_window.update
    # C ??????????
    if Input.trigger?(Input::C)
      # ???????????????????
      case @command_window.index
      when 0  # ??????
        command_new_game
      when 1  # ???????
        command_continue
      when 2  # ???????
        command_shutdown
      end
    end
  end
  # ? ???? : ??????
  def command_new_game
    # ?? SE ???
    # BGM ???
    Audio.bgm_stop
    # ??????????????????????
    Graphics.frame_count = 0
    # ??????????????
    $game_temp          = Game_Temp.new
    $game_system        = Game_System.new
    $game_switches      = Game_Switches.new
    $game_variables     = Game_Variables.new
    $game_self_switches = Game_SelfSwitches.new
    $game_screen        = Game_Screen.new
    $game_actors        = Game_Actors.new
    $game_party         = Game_Party.new
    $game_troop         = Game_Troop.new
    $game_map           = Game_Map.new
    $game_player        = Game_Player.new
    # ?????????????
    $game_party.setup_starting_members
    # ???????????????
    $game_map.setup($data_system.start_map_id)
    # ?????????????
    $game_player.moveto($data_system.start_x, $data_system.start_y)
    # ????????????
    $game_player.refresh
    # ??????????? BGM ? BGS ??????????
    $game_map.autoplay
    # ?????? (????????)
    $game_map.update
    # ??????????
    $scene = Scene_Map.new
  end
  # ? ???? : ???????
  def command_continue
    # ?????????????
    unless @continue_enabled
      # ??? SE ???
      return
    end
    # ?? SE ???
    # ??????????
    $scene = Scene_Load.new
  end
  # ? ???? : ???????
  def command_shutdown
    # ?? SE ???
    # BGM?BGS?ME ????????
    Audio.bgm_fade(800)
    Audio.bgs_fade(800)
    Audio.me_fade(800)
    # ???????
    $scene = nil
  end
  # ? ?????
  def battle_test
    # ?????? (??????) ????
    $data_actors        = load_data("Data/BT_Actors.rxdata")
    $data_classes       = load_data("Data/BT_Classes.rxdata")
    $data_skills        = load_data("Data/BT_Skills.rxdata")
    $data_items         = load_data("Data/BT_Items.rxdata")
    $data_weapons       = load_data("Data/BT_Weapons.rxdata")
    $data_armors        = load_data("Data/BT_Armors.rxdata")
    $data_enemies       = load_data("Data/BT_Enemies.rxdata")
    $data_troops        = load_data("Data/BT_Troops.rxdata")
    $data_states        = load_data("Data/BT_States.rxdata")
    $data_animations    = load_data("Data/BT_Animations.rxdata")
    $data_tilesets      = load_data("Data/BT_Tilesets.rxdata")
    $data_common_events = load_data("Data/BT_CommonEvents.rxdata")
    $data_system        = load_data("Data/BT_System.rxdata")
    # ??????????????????????
    Graphics.frame_count = 0
    # ??????????????
    $game_temp          = Game_Temp.new
    $game_system        = Game_System.new
    $game_switches      = Game_Switches.new
    $game_variables     = Game_Variables.new
    $game_self_switches = Game_SelfSwitches.new
    $game_screen        = Game_Screen.new
    $game_actors        = Game_Actors.new
    $game_party         = Game_Party.new
    $game_troop         = Game_Troop.new
    $game_map           = Game_Map.new
    $game_player        = Game_Player.new
    # ??????????????????
    $game_party.setup_battle_test_members
    # ???? ID??????????????????
    $game_temp.battle_troop_id = $data_system.test_troop_id
    $game_temp.battle_can_escape = true
    $game_map.battleback_name = $data_system.battleback_name
    # ????? SE ???
    $game_system.se_play($data_system.battle_start_se)
    # ??? BGM ???
    $game_system.bgm_play($game_system.battle_bgm)
    # ??????????
    $scene = Scene_Battle.new
  end
end

I can get the movie to load and play but only before the command window shows up

and where the red was is where the

@sprite = Sprite.new
    @sprite.bitmap = RPG::Cache.title($data_system.title_name)

was replaced with the call command for the movie script..

oh and btw, if it isnt too late, dont worry about my other request
Current project. GAIA
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,19136.msg240888.html#msg240888
Overall    05.00%
Graphics 01.0%
Music      00.05%
Story      15.00%
Gmeplay 02.00%
JOIN!!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
well guys, I'm sorry to announce that I cannot do consistent scripting requests anymore
college starts Wednesday, which means less RMXP time.
sorry guys.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
heh..that sucks..btw, i figured out the thing i requested earlier..so dont worry about it  :bean:
Current project. GAIA
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,19136.msg240888.html#msg240888
Overall    05.00%
Graphics 01.0%
Music      00.05%
Story      15.00%
Gmeplay 02.00%
JOIN!!