RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] In RPGM2k3 I need help making npc ships move in the ocean.

Rep:
Level 86
Ok so apparently these npc ships wont move unless they're in a spot that has movement permissions, but I don't want my main character walking over water, he's not jesus afterall.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 01:41:20 PM by Zeriab »

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
database>tileset
AND
database>terrain

Rep:
Level 86
That didn't help in the least, I know well how to use the Terrain settings and my tileset's settings...a ship can pass through water, these npc ship events cannot.

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
make the open sea be passable, and make the shore area unpassable by person, then you go to the shore, hop in your boat and go out to sea. Also make it, however, so that you cannot "land" on the open sea, cause it'd be kind of crazy if your character jumped out of the boat and started running on water.

Rep:
Level 86
make the open sea be passable, and make the shore area unpassable by person, then you go to the shore, hop in your boat and go out to sea. Also make it, however, so that you cannot "land" on the open sea, cause it'd be kind of crazy if your character jumped out of the boat and started running on water.
Yes yes I know but, I can't seem to do that, you see, I've thought of exactly that, but of course I want my ship to pass through water but it seems if the ship can pass through water and my character can to, the character may just land where ever he pleases.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.

Use these.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 01:25:22 PM by Frederick II, Duke of Austria »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 86
^I didn't know what phasing meant.

Thanks a bunch, man.

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Wait, now i'm confused (yes, i'm curious about this too; i will have npc ships soon enough and it's goo dto get this sorted before it becomes a problem) what exactly is phasing?  Is that for the hero or npc ship....what does it do again?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Wait, now i'm confused (yes, i'm curious about this too; i will have npc ships soon enough and it's goo dto get this sorted before it becomes a problem) what exactly is phasing?  Is that for the hero or npc ship....what does it do again?

It can be used on both NPC and Player. It makes it possible to move through anything.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Ohh, kick-ass.  So no terrain/chipset alterations for passability or whatever, just set the ship t phasing and then let it roll?
Nice!

Yes, but then ships can also pass through land...

If you don't have airships in your game, make the "airship" be a ship, and set it so the water terrain is passable by ship, but you cannot land. Set it so the airship can not pass or land on land, and make it so it can both pass and land on shore. Then you get in the air ship and you can sail around the open sea. This way the NPCs now move around properly, and you can set it so shore is impassible so that NPC ships don't end up sailing through mountains and stuff.

Rep:
Level 86
I can set a parameter, like if following the hero, I can make an event if I go past an event I set a switch sets off, setting the ships to follow, then second page to the event I past is if x switch is on x switch turns off.. then the ship will stop following.

oh, I thought you wanted NPC ships randomly sailing around on the ocean; if you have their movement regulated then yes, Frederick II's suggestion is the best way to go about it.