RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Frames in a second

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
In RPGMaker XP, the Wait time in the events is in frames, while in 2k and 2k3 it was in seconds.
Does anyone know how many frames are there in a second in XP?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 07:03:12 AM by Zeriab »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I don't know. Maybe you could find out using a stop watch. ;)

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Hmmm...usually it's something like 12 or or 10...

Best bet is to use a stop watch and then divide the amount of time it took for it to finish into the number of frames, or is it the other way around...?  :P

I forgot.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Just set up an event, and after 10 frames a sound plays. If it's lower than a second, raise the amount of frames and so on.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Waist of time.

You have to figure out how many frames per second or how many seconds the song is anyway.
You could look on enterbrain's site, but it's commonly 12 or 10, try those first, if not, I guess go with the other ones we suggested. I highly doubt it's over 15 or 6 fps.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
It's 20 frames per second.

Rep:
Level 88
http://www.rukinet.com
I believe it's 20 frames per second. ;8
 So, now your question should be answered. Please add [RESOLVED] to your topic so the forums will be more organised. ^^

EDIT:  Oh my... I now see that Zeriab already had answered your question... ^^' Ahaha...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 11:00:39 AM by Kesshomaru »

Rukinet. - the dot's included!

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Every animation program Ive used 10-18....

Rep:
Level 92
If it's 10 frames per second you would definitely notice.
You know. It is 25 frames per second for PAL and 30 frames per second for NTSC when you look at your television.

Also, one more useful thing to note.
It's 20 frames per second regardless of whether or not you have selected smooth mode. (Press F1 when playing)
This assumes however that the game does not lag.

If you play the game through the editor, test play, you can press F2 and see the FPS count next to the application name.
If you have smooth mode selected it will run with 40 FPS, otherwise 20 FPS. Either way there will be 20 frames per second with the wait command. ^_^

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Welcome back.

Ahh, never knew that! Thanks! If you had a panoramas going, wouldn't 40 fps be very fast?
I know it would go a lot smoother, but still, that's super fast...Flash is default at 12 fps...and I'm pretty sure gimp is too.

Rep:
Level 92
If the speed of the panoramas is reduced by half they would move at the same speed, it would just be more smooth ^_^
Also Flash does some nifty tricks so what you see isn't really 12 fps. The good thing about 12 fps is that your workload is reduced.
But really. 12 fps alone is far far to slow. People usually complain about lags in games before it drops as low as 12 fps.
In other words. 12 fps is simply not enough to cheat the normal human eye. At least not if there are any movement.

P.s. was the welcome back for me? If so: Thanks you  ;8

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Yep, for you.

Yeah, on Visual Boy, it ranges from 70-120 fps.