RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Bands you want to/ have seen

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Ok time to tell everyone the bands you have seen live, and ones you would die to see :3

No flaming what other people have seen/want to =/

lol

Seen

MCR
Dream theater
Symphony X
MSI

wanna see

Papa Roach
Foo fighters

Now whats all yours?

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
I've seen

Cake,
A Perfect Circle,
A Perfect Circle,
A Perfect Circle,
Seether,
Hinder (:X)
Foo Fighters
Metallica
Megadeth
Linkin Park (They sucked :3)
and
The Mars Volta.

I want to see Tool though.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Seen

Nightwish

Want To See

Pain
Ill Niño
Deathstars
Deadstar Assembly
Dope Stars Inc.
Bullet For My Valentine
Kilpi
Ruoska

I'll leave it at that. There's a hellofalot more, too many to list. I don't have the money to go to live shows ;9
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Seen:
The Toasters
A bunch of local bands

Want To See:
CLOSURE IN MOSCOW
The Reign of Kindo

That about sums it up.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I've seen

Cake,
A Perfect Circle,
A Perfect Circle,
A Perfect Circle,
Seether,
Foo Fighters
Metallica
Megadeth
and
The Mars Volta.

FUCK YOU you totally did not see Metallica and I didn't you're lying D:

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Seen:
The Killers
Papa Roach
MCR
AFI
Blue October
Muse
Spartica

Want to See:
Smashing Pumpkins
Muse again ;-;
The Strokes
Serj Tankian

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I don't do concerts much because I'm a jew with my money.

Have seen~
Blind Guardian

Want to see~
Moonspell

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Only with money.

Rep:
Level 86
I've seen

Cake,
A Perfect Circle,
A Perfect Circle,
A Perfect Circle,
Seether,
Foo Fighters
Metallica
Megadeth
and
The Mars Volta.

who is this devil saying linkin park suck =o

i'll pretend i can't read things in brackets >.>

or just be plain ignorant to it which ever lol

Have seen:

Spice girls (aren't i cool ¬_¬)
Mindless Self Indulgence
Dream Theatre
Symphony X

Want to see:

ANYONE GOOD xD

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Linkin park is the definition of suck. I'm sorry you had to find out like this.

Rep:
Level 86
D: they is my favorite....

>.< this thread upsets me ;9

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
People in Planes is coming to Ohio soon, and that's close enough for me to drive over.

I saw Smashing Pumpkins in concert, and it was righteous.

I really want to see Incubus.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I'm seeing Chicago and the Doobie Brothers tonight.

Rep:
Level 89
Linkin park is the definition of Emo. I'm sorry you had to find out like this.
Thats better

edit: I listened to a lot of there songs. There song are emo such as "crawling" and "bleed it out".
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 06:10:28 PM by Kefka »

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
I really don't see how Linkin Park can be classed as 'Emo'. :-\
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I've seen a million bands live. Most of them were shitty bands we were playing with, but I've also seen a shit-ton of great ones. I can't really think of anyone I'm dying to see, but that's probably because it's my job to keep punk rock elite.

Rep:
Level 89
I really don't see how Linkin Park can be classed as 'Emo'. :-\

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo

Emo (pronounced /?i?mo?/) is a style of hardcore punk which describes several variations of music with common roots. In the mid-1980s, the term emo described a subgenre of hardcore punk which originated in the Washington, D.C. music scene. In later years, the term emocore, short for "emotional hardcore", was also used to describe the emotional performances of bands in the Washington, D.C. scene and some of the offshoot regional scenes such as Rites of Spring, Embrace, One Last Wish, Beefeater, Gray Matter, Fire Party, and later, Moss Icon. (In more recent years, the term "emotive hardcore" entered the lexicon to describe the period.)

Starting in the mid-1990s, the term emo began to refer to the indie scene that followed the influences of Fugazi, which itself was an offshoot of the first wave of emo. Bands including Sunny Day Real Estate and Texas Is the Reason had a more indie rock style of emo, more melodic and less chaotic. The so-called "indie emo" scene survived until the late 1990s, as many of the bands either disbanded or shifted to mainstream styles. As the remaining indie emo bands entered the mainstream, newer bands began to emulate the mainstream style. As a result, the term "emo" became a vaguely defined identifier rather than a specific genre of music.

I guess their not emo.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I think it doesn't really matter. Why are people such nitpicky douchebags about genres? Music is music.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I think it doesn't really matter. Why are people such nitpicky douchebags about genres? Music is music.

Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
I just failed to see his point.
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>

He already explained it. The subjects of their songs, usually self-destructive and indicative of depression, are what make them classifiable as an emo band.

Fuck mandarines, I'm the real thing.
Rep:
Level 88
0_0

He already explained it. The subjects of their songs, usually self-destructive and indicative of depression, are what make them classifiable as an emo band.
I agree. It bothers me that songs nowadays have the same recycled subjects in them, which is the reason why I don't listen to the radio anymore.

Anyway, I want to see The Starting Line doing their songs from their Photography album. But my wish will never come true... :(

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
The emo conversation was old 5 years ago.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
The emo conversation was old 5 years ago.

+1

Seen:

Grand Funk Railroad
A bunch of local (upstate new york) bands....
I went to go see the Darkness, but they canceled the show about a half an hour before they were supposed to start.  >:(
Peter Frampton
I can't remember anymore, but I know I've seen more.

Want to See:

The Flaming Lips
INXS
The Electric Six
David Bowie

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
I desperately need to see Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker live. They have a SMOOTHIE gimmick. Ash makes a SMOOTHIE onstage.

GOD those people are cool XD

Rep:
Level 85
I'm afflicted, you're addicted~
Seen:

Rise Against
Silverstein
Comeback Kid
Holy Roman Empire
Sum 41
Anti-Flag
Bad Religion
Cancer Bats

Want to see:

Alkaline Trio
The Gaslight Anthem
Nine Inch Nails
Foo Fighters
Protest The Hero
Nonpoint
Thrice
A Wilhelm Scream
Today is what happened to yesterday.
"God bless catastrophe.."

Rep:
Level 94
You like the same style of music as I do.

Rise Against - One of the best bands ever. I've seen them multiple times, and they never disappoint.
Silverstein - Not really a fan. Their screamer sounds exactly the same all the time.
Comeback Kid - Don't listen to them.
Holy Roman Empire - Haven't heard them.
Sum 41 - Haven't heard of them for at least 3 years, and I was never really a fan.
Anti-Flag - Anti-Flag was awesome back when Andy was in the band. Die For The Government was an awesome cd, but the rest of their stuff isn't very good. Andy is an awesome dude. He recorded our first cd at his old studio, "+/- Studios". Justin is kind of a dick.
Bad Religion - Classic. I saw them once or twice. Anasthesia and Walk Away are my favorite songs.
Cancer Bats - Never heard of them.

Want to see:

Alkaline Trio - I only really like a few songs, and have never seen them, but they're coming with Rise Against and Thrice, so I'll probably see them soon. I like their "Maybe I'll Catch Fire" album.
The Gaslight Anthem - I tried to get into these guys, but I just don't like them. Their singer gets on my nerves a bit.
Nine Inch Nails - Not really my style, but I used to like them a little. To be honest, they started sucking when Reznor got clean.
Foo Fighters - I like them, and Grohl is really a true musician. Unfortunately, I was friends with someone who was totally obsessed with them, and kind of ruined them for me.
Protest The Hero - One of the best bands I've ever heard. They kind of suck live though.
Nonpoint - Not really into them.
Thrice - I saw Thrice multiple times, back when they were good. Not to say that I don't like some of their new stuff, but it is not Thrice, and I don't care what anyone else says. They were my favorite band for a long time after their first two albums, but I became a little bitter when Vhiessu came out. I'm still upset about this band.
A Wilhelm Scream - Another of my favorite bands. I've seen them quite a few times, and my old band played a few shows with them too. Their lineup changes so much, but Nuno is one of the coolest dudes I've ever met.

Rep:
Level 85
I'm afflicted, you're addicted~
Haha, I love punk/punk rock music. Rise Against is my favourite band <3.

Holy Roman Empire was on the Canadian tour with RA in summer '07. That's where I saw them, they weren't bad, howver, I didn't like them to much.

Also, you're the one who got me into A Wilhelm Scream. You probably don't remember this, but back in IRC (my IRC alias is Firerain) we were discussing our favourite bands. You said "Hey firerain, if you like RA you'll probably like these guys." Turns out I did :D

I really hope RA comes to the Winnipeg area on their summer tour, all my favourite bands in one lineup, fuck yes.

Thanks, Holk.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 07:16:12 AM by dismal. »
Today is what happened to yesterday.
"God bless catastrophe.."

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Seen:

Rise Against
Silverstein
Comeback Kid
Holy Roman Empire
Sum 41
Anti-Flag
Bad Religion
Cancer Bats

Want to see:

Alkaline Trio
The Gaslight Anthem
Nine Inch Nails
Foo Fighters
Protest The Hero
Nonpoint
Thrice
A Wilhelm Scream

By any chance, do you listen to 102.1 the edge?  ;8

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
They dont have that in Canada, also Kitkatkan, any chance you live around Dallas ?_?

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Nine Inch Nails is an alright live band, as long as they are playing something loud, it is better if you are in a smaller venue.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
They dont have that in Canada, also Kitkatkan, any chance you live around Dallas ?_?
Counter point: 102.1 the edge is toronto based, and i live in the durham region below toronto.

edit: proof: http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=102.1&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

And if that wasn't what you were talking about, then i'm confused o.O
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 03:19:20 PM by kitkatkan »

Rep:
Level 94
Counter point: 102.1 the edge is toronto based, and i live in the durham region below toronto.

The Edge and The X are sister stations. We have The X in Pittsburgh. I don't listen to the radio that often, because I don't like corporate cookie cutter music, but on Sundays they have a program called "Edge of the X", where they play underground and local music. It's pretty sweet sometimes.

Rep:
Level 97

Edgefest moved to Dallas, and the Dallas station pops up twice before the Canada one in google

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Counter COUNTER point:

102.1 the edge dallas: http://www.kdge.com/main.html

102.1 the edge toronto http://www.edge.ca/

I listen to it regularly, and the toronto site syncs up with the one i listen to. i checked the dallas site, and the shows and djs are different.

so um, there. I lost track of what i was trying to prove o.O.

Actually the toronto one has edgefest too.  I wish i went this year :(

Rep:
Level 94
Corporate radio sucks. Think for yourselves, people.

Rep:
Level 97
I don't listen to it, its just "WHATS POPULAR DAWG"

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>

I think for myself and listen to corporate music.

Rep:
Level 94

You have horrible taste.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>

You have horrible taste.

But I don't dislike anything, so if my taste is horrible then you must hate music in general.

Rep:
Level 94

You have horrible taste.

But I don't dislike anything, so if my taste is horrible then you must hate music in general.

I'm not going to perpetuate an off topic argument.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>

You have horrible taste.

I'm not going to perpetuate an off topic argument.

Your comment was off-topic to begin with.

Rep:
Level 94
Wait... Malson? You idiot. You don't listen to corporate music. I know what you listen to.

Rep:
Level 97
SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE IT

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Wait... Malson? You idiot. You don't listen to corporate music. I know what you listen to.

I sure do listen to corporate music! I just listen to everything else as well =P

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
My favourite station in my city sold out and doesn't play anymore local bands. Really made me sad  because it was the best station in this area.  ;9

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

I remember that station...kinda sucked, basically played the same 50 songs all day.
They had a history thing where they picked and band and played like one of their albums and had a bunch of history on them, that was cool....

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Seen:
Nightwish (With Pain)
In Flames (with Sonic Syndicate and Gojira)

Want to see:
Bullet For My Valentine
Sonic Syndicate (Headlining)
Pain (Headlining)
Slipknot
Deathstars
Cobra Starship
Arch Enemy
Avenged Sevenfold
Trivium
Rammstein
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
I'M GONNA SEE APOCALYPTICA  ;8

Cellos and guitars mix well.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Seen:
none

Want to see:
Muse
Apocalyptica
Nightwish
Kamelot

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Seeing Comeback Kid (again) on Oct. 14. :3

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Seen:
none

Want to see:
'N Sync
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
OH MY GOD KAMELOT PLAYS LIVE IN FIVE DAYS NEAR BOSTON BUT I CAN'T GO CUZ SCHOOL ;-;

Rep:
Level 87
:P
Seen

Nickleback
Guns N' Roses
Bullet for My Valentine (Terrible. They were supporting GNR)
Turisas
Dragonforce

Want to See
Metallica
Serj Tankain
Slipknot
System of a Down (if they come back togther)
Rage Against the Machine
Rise Against
Iron Maiden

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

don't hold your breath

Rep:
Level 87
:P

don't hold your breath

Yeah...
Well, I can always dream... lol.

Rep:
Level 98
I've seen

Cake,
A Perfect Circle,
A Perfect Circle,
A Perfect Circle,
Seether,
Foo Fighters
Metallica
Megadeth
and
The Mars Volta.

Hasn't changed at all ._______.

Rep:
Level 97

don't hold your breath

Yeah...
Well, I can always dream... lol.
Serj is better on his own imo.
Scars on Broadway is okay too, but the guitarist sings so .-.

Rep:
Level 94
System of a Hasbeen.

Only their first two albums were good.

Rep:
Level 97
System of a Hasbeen.

Only their first two albums were good.
Agreed

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I'd really also like to see Cake. Kinda like the only cool thing to come out of  good 'ol sac town.

Oh, I was forced to go see the thunder birds on my birthday one year. I really don't like them, though.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
I'm watching Metallica in February <3<3<3
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Seen

Kamelot

Want to see

Children of Bodom
Sinergy
Serenity
In Flames

Rep:
Level 84
Seen
Foo Fighters
Flogging Molly
Rise Against
MCR
Linkin park
30 Seconds to Mars
Metallica
Incubus
Flobots

Want to see
Innerpartysystem
Angels And Airwaves
+44
 :blizj:

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
I'LL BE THERE WHEN YOUR HEART STOPS BEATING
I'LL BE THERE WHEN YOUR LAST BREATH'S FADING AWAY
IN THE DARK WHEN THERE'S NO ONE LISTENING
IN THE TIMES WHEN WE BOTH GET CARRIED AWAY

I loved that song, can't think of any others though ;o;

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Seen
Story of the Year
My Chemical Romance
Puddle of Mudd
Finger Eleven
Atreyu
Billy Talent
Meriwether (a local band)

Want to see
HORSE the band - what pisses me off is that they had a show recently but it was 18+  :mad:
The Fall of Troy
System of a Down -  ;9
Slipknot
The Sleeping - So doubtful
Disturbed