RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Mystic of Hunters [RMVXA]

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
Everyone... Actually Everyone hates me :)
2012 Biggest Drama Whore

Story: Your name is Torren, Your an average Hunter to the bare eye, in fact for a while you've been contemplating things. but your running low on supplies and need to head back to town and sell your Game. Your main goal is simply survival,  Upon survival in the world though is unfortunate that Money is one key to getting food other than standard hunting.

Spoiler for Characters:
Torren: Torren is a hunter with a mysterious past, he tries to close off most of his emotions but he's still only human. He runs into Nile in a tavern giving him a mysterious offer that he just doesn't seem to be deniable for you.

Nile: Nile is a particular Hunter who prefers to go with the flow, and he doesn't believe in coincidences Only fate!
Nile is a Bounty Hunter at the greatest length, and money is his top concern, aside from women anyway.

Setra: She's quick, and to say the least your broke now!
Setra is a thieving huntress who knows when a deal isn't fair, though she'll take the deal she'll quickly steal what rightfully belongs to her.
Setra ends up taking a liking to Nile and tags along.

Conna: You originally meet her upon completing your first job you meet Conna and her mother, they were the clients of your first Bounty Job. Though She doesn't particularly care much for her life at home. In secret she trains in witchcraft, and is too powerful for her own good.

Tila: (Coming soon)

Terri and Livia: (Coming soon)

Spoiler for Screenshots:

Download Demo:
MOH

Credits:
Enterbrain
Crow5derlock
Hero_Carl
Momope
And GrandmaDeb for her Resource list that led to  Momope
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 06:25:35 PM by crewdivladok »
Final Statement: I chowder5lock am a dipshit and MA is a pretty cool dude.

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
I tried installing the game, but I get this Extract Failed error message.
Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb!!

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
alright i'll try to fix that

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
alright i'll try to fix that

It seems to be a common problem when working with large audio files.

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
Link should be fixed.

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
Okay, I played through the game up to the point where I couldn't further continue (on my way to the Thieves hide-out).
Some minor issues I had that could easily get fixed:
-Direction issues. When I left the forest there was no indicator which way I was supposed to go. I blame the signpost for not saying anything.=P That, or have the main character give a hint as to where the town is located.
-Large interiors, and lots of unused space. The interiors don't look bad, but they're pretty huge, with lots of unused space. The same goes for some outside places, like the map where I went north east of town on a map that's just a road from west to east with nothing in-between. But I may assume this has to do with the game being in a early development stage?
-The biggest issue I had were the numerous typos and inconsistent use of capitals in your writing.
-Can I suggest you add a second, different encounter in the first map besides the 2 Slimes?=P

I did like how the main character gets into contact with the bounty hunter in the bar, I'd like to see more dialogue bits like that in the game.:lol:

Other than that there's not too much to say about the game just yet. The demo was pretty short, and the game is clearly in an early development stage, so I'm going to wait till there's more.=P

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
Spoiler for:
Okay, I played through the game up to the point where I couldn't further continue (on my way to the Thieves hide-out).
-Direction issues. When I left the forest there was no indicator which way I was supposed to go. I blame the signpost for not saying anything.=P That, or have the main character give a hint as to where the town is located.
-Large interiors, and lots of unused space. The interiors don't look bad, but they're pretty huge, with lots of unused space. The same goes for some outside places, like the map where I went north east of town on a map that's just a road from west to east with nothing in-between. But I may assume this has to do with the game being in a early development stage?
-The biggest issue I had were the numerous typos and inconsistent use of capitals in your writing.
-Can I suggest you add a second, different encounter in the first map besides the 2 Slimes?=P

I did like how the main character gets into contact with the bounty hunter in the bar, I'd like to see more dialogue bits like that in the game.:lol:

Other than that there's not too much to say about the game just yet. The demo was pretty short, and the game is clearly in an early development stage, so I'm going to wait till there's more.=P

The intro map only has slime's to help you get a feel of the game, and i did mean to put directions on the sign but for now i thought the standard sense of a compass directions would work for now. though i'll probably have a set compass for each map to help whoever's playing get a good notice of which direction their facing, though i'll probably have very few maps that face different directions.

Dialogue isn't really my strong point whether its descriptions, cut scenes, or npc's. I have a natural tendency to capitalize letters in awkward places, it's sort of my bad habit, and the letters tend to change each time i do it.

I try not to make maps that are cluttered, and i still intend to add more Npcs to some of the places, though the blacksmith is a bit more open even in my opinion. though the generality of the field maps are made to give the world a "World like" feel rather than being so small its ridiculous.

Thank you for your input otherwise.

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
The intro map only has slime's to help you get a feel of the game, and i did mean to put directions on the sign but for now i thought the standard sense of a compass directions would work for now. though i'll probably have a set compass for each map to help whoever's playing get a good notice of which direction their facing, though i'll probably have very few maps that face different directions.

Dialogue isn't really my strong point whether its descriptions, cut scenes, or npc's. I have a natural tendency to capitalize letters in awkward places, it's sort of my bad habit, and the letters tend to change each time i do it.

I try not to make maps that are cluttered, and i still intend to add more Npcs to some of the places, though the blacksmith is a bit more open even in my opinion. though the generality of the field maps are made to give the world a "World like" feel rather than being so small its ridiculous.

Thank you for your input otherwise.

-About the slime encounters, I meant like maybe have an encounter with 1 slime, and maybe a rare encounter with 3 slimes. Just to spice things up a little. It's not a big thing, though.:lol:

-And yes, I was already thinking you were aiming for more of a 'world feel' in your game, and that's ok. It works with your current style. So keep it up.

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
Ok, Thank you for the support.

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
Oh yeah, I have one question.
What exactly is 'game' in your game? Like, the thing your main character is selling off in the bar.

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
What exactly is 'game' in your game? Like, the thing your main character is selling off in the bar.

"Game" Usually refers to animal skins and meat, when a hunter kills a good "Game" they just managed getting a large animal or allot of animals in their hunt.

If you pay a little attention to your inventory after a couple of battles you'll notice Big Game, Small Game, and Game growing in numbers.

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!

"Game" Usually refers to animal skins and meat, when a hunter kills a good "Game" they just managed getting a large animal or allot of animals in their hunt.

If you pay a little attention to your inventory after a couple of battles you'll notice Big Game, Small Game, and Game growing in numbers.

Oh, I see. English isn't my main language; didn't know that.:lol:

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
they just managed getting a large animal or allot of animals in their hunt.
a large animal or allot of animals in their hunt.
allot of animals
allot

Sometimes I think you want me to hate you. :-(
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
they just managed getting a large animal or allot of animals in their hunt.
a large animal or allot of animals in their hunt.
allot of animals
allot

Sometimes I think you want me to hate you. :-(

I think i posted that before you got on me about my grammar the first time. i could be mistaken, but in a lot of cases all that matters in the end is that it's understood overall.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
You posted that 23 hours, 59 minutes and 54 seconds ago. I've been all up in your grammar for weeks.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know