RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Eternal Star Vol 1: Mystic Path[DEMO AVAILABLE]

Rep:
Level 71
At the wall of flames he repeated a line over and over again. By no mistakes I mean I was never caught. I also didn't explore other places I just went along with what that lady told me.

Rep: +0/-0Level 70
RMRK Junior
That's weird. With the amount of times I have played through I have never encountered a loop like that. Did you press the action button on the flames or were you never able to even freely move to do that? Try a play through once more and see if you get stuck on same place. I tested it out for me after dowloading from mediafire and was able to move past that part...

Rep:
Level 71
Oops you were right about the flames. Though I was no longer able to move in this part, where he said I should head for the entrance, other wise the game is good it took 20 minutes to get to where I was stuck.

RMRK Junior
Did you ever find the save point near the beginning when you first start the game? If you keep heading south in beginning instead of going east you will find the save point. Just south of that is the entrance. So, it appears you must have beaten that ninja. How many tries did it take you? He could be challenging at times.

EDIT: I just played through and was able to get back to the entrance. There are checks put in so that if you try to head anywhere else but south the game will prevent you from heading in that direction.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 08:04:07 PM by kyros2000 »

Rep:
Level 71
I got stuck at one of the checks, and it took me two tries.

RMRK Junior
Alright, let me know if you have any better luck with it. I didn't get stuck at all for some reason. I do not understand why I do not run into any
of these problems you run into even when I go out of my way to try to walk in those directions which will not let me. Try it again to see if you
get the same results.

RMRK Junior
I just thought of something. Whatever direction your facing it will automatically send you in the reverse direction. There is a possibility if you face from the north or south it
will keep pushing you in the opposite direction until you hit the wall. THat may be what the problem is. Let me see if I can fix that for you.

Rep:
Level 71
I was facing North.

RMRK Junior
Here is the new link: Download this one and overwrite folder where you installed game last. Then test it out.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6au301hpu59ycyw/Eternal%20Star%20Mystic%20Path%20Demo%20V1.0.rar

RMRK Junior
Alright, soon there will be an update to the demo, which will include some extra backstory on Luke Ikaris. I will give this hint away to come across the extra story.
Once you have Luke Ikaris join your party re-visit the Forgotten Temple Ruins assuming you have been there once already. If not, try to look west of Cyberias city. If you are able to beat the Yamas District guard, which should be easy with Luke on your team, you will get to see an event unfold between Luke and Captain Sterling. Btw, try to last at least last 5 rounds against her to get an achievement. Btw, if you can last 5 rounds against her without Luke in your party then you are awesome. I do not foresee anyone actually defeating her though. I will keep you posted when I update the demo. Hope you have enjoyed the demo so far ;) One last note, if you actually go through with this optional event, you will get a character later in the game that you may not have otherwise have gotten.

Rep:
Level 71
I've been busy but I will check it out today.

RMRK Junior
Alright, sounds good to me. I probably won't be done with the addon for Luke's backstory until this weekend. It should not matter how far you are in game to apply the latest demo with addon because it wouldn't be available until Luke joins you which is near the end of the demo. All you have to do is overwrite the game files wherever you end up saving it on your computer once I release the newest demo version.

RMRK Junior
Okay, version 1.1 is out for the demo. The addon has been completed and if you want to see more backstory of Luke Ikaris just head to the Forgotten Temple Ruins after he joins your party.
 I welcome any and all feedback.

Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/amscosofosmc048/Eternal%20Star%20Mystic%20Path%20Demo%20V1.1.rar

The next anticipated release of the demo will be version 1.5. The story will have progressed to the slum city of Demar and more features will be implemented for gameplay.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 06:29:48 PM by kyros2000 »

RMRK Junior
*UPDATE*: After a whole year has passed since the game demo's official release, I am proud to present to you version 1.5. There are many new things added to the new version aside from more storyline. You will now be able to choose missions from the Organization Branch. There are many various categories of missions to take up to 10 different types and each category varies in itself. There is now also a Member Ranking List that will show you your current rank compared to the rest of those within the Organization. Four new locations were added since my last update and at least two more new characters make their appearance. Also, the new trap chests system has been implemented as well for those who love booby traps. You have a chance to avoid the traps or take less damage depending on your defense or magic defense and evasion and agility. Also, for the missions if you do not complete them in enough time like say if the story progresses then you would miss your chance to succeed and may end up failing a mission. I am proud to announce the
new skill upgrade system that is used in conjunction with mastering skills. In other words, you must use a certain skill a certain number of times to master it and then you can upgrade that to its next level.

All in all, I hope you enjoy the latest update and feel free to let me know what you think of the latest changes. I look forward to the responses, so let me hear them.

Here is the link to the game: Eternal Star Vol 1: Mystic Path Version 1.5

RMRK Junior
I apologize to those who have already downloaded the game with the single executable. I found out that executable does not store its save files externally so you could not quit the game and come back in to load your game. I have the new link here for the updated game: Eternal Star: Mystic Path Version 1.5