RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Basic Script Calls[RESOLVED]

Rep:
Level 82
So, I've been trying to make an evented menu-system and I'm having problems with it. But first, here's how it works:

1. In the beggining of the game, menu access is disabled.

2. Player presses 'esc' button(Which does not pop up the default menu screen btw) which, through a parallel-processed event, transfers the player to a map which is the menu. (Please ignore the cursor in the bottom-left hand corner.)

3. The cursor at the 'items' icon is actually the player as a cursor sprite.

4. The player presses space/enter, and through a basic script call, the item screen pops-up.

5. Now here's the issue. But when I press esc to go back to the menu (the map) it goes to the default menu screen although I turned off the menu access.

Here's the map editor:

And here's the events:

(Ignore the array of events on the top-left corner except for the lowest one(Not the cursor))

And one event that transfers the player back to the map:

I'm asking all the scripters out there, if there's any script call that only shows the item/skill/equip/status/exit screen, and doesn't go back to the default menu screen when you go back(Press esc).

---------------------------

Oh, and also if there's any script/script call that allows you to select which skill/equip/status screen of each character that you want to view:

(Eg. I want to go to 2nd character's status screen, but every time I do the scrip call it takes me to the main/1st character's status screen.)

---------------------------

Thanks for your time, any help would be greatly appreciated. If you have any doubts, please clarify!

« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 07:53:17 AM by Zacpower4 »

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Changing the return_scene definition in each of the scripts would probably work. For example, replacing Scene_Item's line 39:
Code: [Select]
$scene = Scene_Menu.new(0)
with:
$scene = Scene_Map.new

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Eh, just paste this in materials just above main. You'll need to let us know if you use custom scenes, though.
pac_input_fix_scenes = ["Item", "Equip", "Status", "End", "Skill"]
pac_input_fix_scenes.each { |klass|
  pac_input_fix = %Q(class Scene_#{klass} < Scene_Base; def return_scene;
  $scene = Scene_Map.new; end; end); eval(pac_input_fix)
}
class Scene_File < Scene_Base
  def return_scene
    $scene = @from_title ? Scene_Title.new : Scene_Map.new
  end
end
That should well do it.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 82
Thank you so much! It works like a charm now.