RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
ATS 2.0 bugs with another script, please advice me!

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Hello

Advanced Text System 2.0 bugs with one of my other scripts: "Hide Text Box Snippet". Please look on my "project file" http://www.mediafire.com/?qtmjgy5m22m and it will explain the situation.

Regardless, I'll explain as good I can: The "Hide Text Box Snippet" implement a Visual Novel function to VX that lets the user hide/show text-boxes with the F8 button.

The "Hide Text Box Snippet" works fine when alone i.e. then it hide/show the text-window and the face graphic inside the text-box, but when using Advanced Text System 2.0 only the text-box is hidden when I press F8, the face-graphic is still left on the screen.

What I need help with is some sort of extra "Hide Text Box Snippet" that replace the function to hide/show run/close the "Window_Message" (please look on the script) with the face-on/off function in Advanced Text System 2.0, so that when a user press F8 the face-graphic in Advanced Text System 2.0 will be hidden/show.

This might sound complicated, but please just look on my project and it will be easy to understand and hopefully even more easy to solve.

I paste the "Hide Text Box Snippet" (script made by Jet10985 and piejamas) here inside the spoiler:
Spoiler for:
Code: [Select]
#===============================================================================
# Hide Text Box Snippet
# By Jet10985
# Original Code by Piejamas
#===============================================================================
# This snippet allows you to add scenes where the player can hide the textbox
# to maybe look at a picture then bring the box back up.
# This script has: 2 customization options.

module HIDE

ACTIVATION_SWITCH = 5 # This is the switch that allows the player to hide the box

TRIGGER = Input::F8 # This is the button that needs to be pressed to hide the box
end

# DON'T EDIT FURTHER UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO.

class Window_Message
  alias jet7535_base_update update

def update
    jet7535_base_update
    unless $scene.is_a?(Scene_Battle)
    if $game_switches[HIDE::ACTIVATION_SWITCH]
    if Input.trigger?(HIDE::TRIGGER)
     if self.visible
      self.visible = false
     elsif
      self.visible = true
    end
      Sound.play_cursor
   end
   end
end
end

def input_pause
    if Input.trigger?(Input::B) or Input.trigger?(Input::C)
      if self.visible
      self.pause = false
      if @text != nil and not @text.empty?
        new_page if @line_count >= MAX_LINE
      else
        terminate_message
      end
      end
    end
  end
  end

I welcome any kind assistance, as I am quite desperate to have this to work (cannot progress with my project until this is solved). If worst comes to worst, do anyone of you knew any sort of script that have Advanced Text System 2.0's function to automatically "wrap" text who is entered into the editor and show into the text-boxes is the game, because I don't like to "manually" enter line-breaks just to keep VX happy - with modern's Advanced Text System 2.0 I can just enter text into the text-boxes as they where a word processor.

Cheers

O.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I answered you in the thread didn't I? Did that solution not work?