RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Best Quest Script and How to Use it?

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Hey Everybody!
Still lovin this awesome site

But I am pretty bad with this scripting stuff, but not superbad (well kinda xD)
So I was wondering if anyone could please help me with finding the best quest script and REALLY easy instructions on how to use it and add quests and such.

Thanks,
Bye!

P.S. This is in my other topic kinda, but I still don't know how to assign call script commands to keys, maybe a little help?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I think what the best quest script is really depends on what you want your quest log to look like. All they are is a visual layout for information you want it to show, so it all depends on your preference it seems to me. As for using them, no matter what it is you will need to add a fair amount of information to it. No matter how steep the learning curve, you will eventually need to learn it and the amount of time you spend configuring will be substantial in any case.

To assign call scripts to keys, all you need to do is make a parallel process common event triggered on some switch that you turn ON whenever you want it accessible. In the event, make a conditional branch on key press, choose the button you want (note that buttons do not correspond directly to keys. For the full list of correspondence, press F1 (or is it F2?) during test play), and then inside that conditional branch, put the call script you want. You should also put a few wait frames at the end.

Rep:
Level 84
It's human to misdo
As Modern mentioned above it depends on what you want it to look like but these two are the ones that comes into my mind.

Quest Book 1.2 - ???ï?? (My personal favourite)
Quest Log System - game_guy

Of course there are others that is good, but I personally think they are hard to work with.

Thanks a bunch guys!
But one more little thing  :lol:
Since I don't want the party changer to be available in battle I was wondering if there was any way I could make it so that during battles the switch that allows the party changer to activate could be turned off and after battles turned back on again, but idk, maybe this is too demanding lol
its just cuz it gets a lil annoying constantly turning the switch on and off after and before bbattles

Thanks again,
Bye!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 09:59:59 PM by JBabz »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
It wouldn't work in battles anyway, unless you have some custom battle system - parallel process common events only work in Scene_Map

oh, ok thanks!  ;8