RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Blizzard ABS: any way to jump?

Rep:
Level 87
I wish i had a pony ...
i messed around for about a hour trying to figure out a way to add the ability to jump in Blizzard's ABS system script, but with very limited knowledge of scripting i was overwhelmed and baffled as to how it might work ???

basically i know this much(or this little)

A sprite with the name:

Character01_atk   will perform the attack processing when the "F" button is pressed.

ideally id like to be able to do the same with the jump effect, have a "Character01_ jmp", and have that somehow move the character to the upper level of the map(over the top of obstacles) for a brief moment or limited distance.   ???

i'm sorry if i overlooked a script already made for this purpose but im pretty new to scripting and need some ideas/moral support on this matter. 

Ty :)

==>oh and as i was typing this i kinda thought.. hmm what if i made a "Character_skl" that utilized a skill to jump, anyone know if its possible for a skill to move a character like a jump function would on a map?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 10:09:26 PM by Farflong »
FF-11 was a tough game, but i beat it! with the help of friends :) www.geocities.com/farflong41

Rep:
Level 87
I wish i had a pony ...
it seems as if i cant find a good jump script that alows for forward motion along with the jump, and the one script i did find had "shift key" as A input, which is already used in Blizzard's ABS,

is there a way to edit the input keys? such as input A being something other than Shift key?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 10:11:09 PM by Farflong »
FF-11 was a tough game, but i beat it! with the help of friends :) www.geocities.com/farflong41

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Yeah, if it has shift key as input, that means there is probably a part of the script which has something like this:

Code: [Select]
if Input.trigger?(Input::Y)  (It might not be Y, but it is something like that)

What you can press F1 in test play and determine there which key is linked to button Y(whatever it is in script), and change it appropriately

Rep:
Level 87
he did something like this um i'll look for it and post it if i can  :)
give me your stuff,yu not going to need them where your going....Disney land!!!

Rep:
Level 87
I wish i had a pony ...
thanks modern, i changed the input key and it now triggers with the enter button, still a little confused on the keys tho, i think i changed the input key to :: V) and got the enter button to respond... hmmm?

anyways the jump system even with the new(non conflicting) input key doesnt seem to do anything other than make my character move up for a brief moment, then down.  it does not move the actual character while in the air or move over any obstacles  ???

kinda confused but oh well, im becoming even more pre occupied with the idea of Split screen multiplayer ABS .... i been looking everywhere but it seems as if no one has combined both :X

maybe im wrong? :(

oh well, still looking for an effective jump system with Blizzard's ABS, any help is much appreciated

Rep:
Level 87
Every jump system I have seen sucked. All of them just changed to sprites that were resized and had transparency under their feet and then changed back. To be able to jump over something you would need a whole new concept. However, I don't know what script your using and I'm a C++ guy anyways. I know almost no ruby.
I don't have a signature

Rep:
Level 87
I wish i had a pony ...
ah ok im so limited in my script knowledge, but im pretty sure its Ruby script

yeah i managed to find a link on hbgames.org BUT i guess there was some hacker, and he destroyed all the info about that script so right now i feel like im SoL

??? oh well ty, im still looking