RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Typewriter Text?

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I tried searching, but I didn't really know what criteria to use....

but anyway, what I'm looking for is a script that displays the text progressively, like it's being typed on a typewriter, instead of it all appearing at once.

Tons of RPG's use this, so I'm sure this has been requested before, but I just can't find it. =\

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
there's a message script...it's dubleax or whatever his name is.....check the other pages in the script forum...
Silence is Golden.
Duct Tape is Silver.....

..............SHAZZAM!!!!>>>>>>>I AM YOUR MASTER OF COMMAND>>>>>HAHAhahAHAHHAAHAHh only jokin'

completion: 8% (i think lol)
DEMO: http://files.filefront.com/Hero2exe/;4883008;;/fileinfo.html

Rep:
Level 89
Dubealex's AMS has this feature already built in. You are able to permanently turn it off from the script itself, or temporarily disable it in Event Command when you have someone speaking.

Creation Asylum has the script (of course because it is his site).

Link to CA: Creation Asylum

Rep:
Level 96
Didn't Slipknot's message system improve on Dubealex's system? Should what I'm looking for be included in it, then?

edit: Nevermind. All is well. Goodnight.

Rep:
Level 89
Neither of the systems improved on one another. If anything Slipknot recieved help from Dubealex to put some features in his AMS...I don't know because I'm not Slipknot. Maybe you should ask him when he comes on every once and a while.

However there are different aspects from both AMS's that both do and do not have. Slipknot's AMS doesn't have the letter by letter feature, as Dubealex's does. Slipknot's utilizes easier commands and doesn't require references to database images...so on and so forth. It just calls them through name and not ID.

Rep:
Level 96
I see.

Alright, thanks.

</thread>

Rep:
Level 89
as for me, I prefer all of dubealex's scripts. hes a god lol

Rep:
Level 90
I'm trying to add the letter by letter mode in my script, but it give me some errors, so only wait until I finish it.  8)