RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Best game maker for this

Rep:
Level 87
Basically I want to make my own mario game, 8 bit and all.

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
if you are going for a classic mario game i think using Rpg maker is a bad idea..
you might wanna try Game maker, its harder though.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
if you are going for a classic Mario game i think using Rpg maker is a bad idea..
you might wanna try Game maker, its harder though.

Actually... making it with RPG maker would be WAY harder then using game maker.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 87
i tried doing this once. but it depends which style game ur looking for.

Super Mario World (the one with the cape) has Lunar Magic. REALLY good.

Super Mario 3 has this weird program I have. It's very useful, but it's unstable though, and has some weird problems with events.

If you want to make it yourself, I believe there is Game Maker starter kit I downloaded called "2D platformer maker."

If you want any of these, and can't find it, PM me.

Rep:
Level 87
Thanks I will check some of those out.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
I'd say game maker. Try looking at some projects that have been already made..Making a platformer on game maker isn't that hard if you've messed around with it before.
Current project. GAIA
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,19136.msg240888.html#msg240888
Overall    05.00%
Graphics 01.0%
Music      00.05%
Story      15.00%
Gmeplay 02.00%
JOIN!!

Rep:
Level 87
I'm trying out The Games Factory 2. Its not bad.