RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Biggest game?

Rep:
Level 88
I have two questions...

1. What is the biggest game ever made with RPG Maker?

2. When is a game too big?

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
a game is never too big if it's got a great story line. if it's story is bad a game can be too big with even 2 or 3 maps.  :)
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
Thanks. The reason I'm asking is cause my game's story lasts about a year and a half. I can't put anything in it that would skip a lot of time though, so I was wondering how long would be too long.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I would have to say if your going to make a HUGE epic story...split the game into different releases. have the first one leave off at a AWSOME cutscene that would make people get the next one..this way the ONE big one wont get too long.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
lol, My Game is Big that I had to divide it in Volumes =D

Mostly If your planning to make it so the Player can add the Saved file of the 1st Volume, remember to make a Map in the first one where it would start the Player =. and don't change the Characters if your adding more or the spells...(Things from the Original One (Except the events) should stayed the same like a Copy otherwise the game gets kinda glitchy)

=) My game is Long, and have over 234 Maps Already in it...but mostly is because of them been many Cutscenes and small Event Areas that are played Once.

Rep:
Level 88
Volumes? Sounds like a good idea... Its kinda like the .Hack games. I might try that.

234 maps?! Wow...

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Volumes? Sounds like a good idea... Its kinda like the .Hack games. I might try that.

234 maps?! Wow...
Yep, this way you'll save more Time when your going to make Part two, and it would keep everyone Wanting for more =D

Leaving at a Point of High Tension...making One want to know "What Happens Next? I Wanna Know!!!"

Making people wait for the Next Volume excites them a lot, =) just to know what Happens next.

Something I quite Enjoy xD and you would have a lot of Fun at the Same time =D

Rep:
Level 88
I know just the spot to start the 2nd part... :huge:

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
I dunno...I've heard of a game thats 60+ hours long and ( I think) finished. What the name is I have no clue. I've only heard rumors of AN RPG Maker game. This was, of course, on GamingW. It was a game for 2003 I think (Since most people there use it.)

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
I dunno...I've heard of a game thats 60+ hours long and ( I think) finished. What the name is I have no clue. I've only heard rumors of AN RPG Maker game. This was, of course, on GamingW. It was a game for 2003 I think (Since most people there use it.)
?_? I never knew of such game...

But I mostly like it to separate mines in Volumes at least =/

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
I've heard of a series called "Laxius Power". The maker's indinera, he's sometimes active on my forum. (since my sig isn't visible right now: www.chaosproject.co.nr )
You can ask him where tog et his game. I think it was over 100 hours and 1000 maps.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Ah, yes! Thats what it was called. Thanks Bliz :)

Thats one hell of a long game, IMO. How could a person make such a thing ? o.o

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
I think he is making the 4th part right now. xD
He often asks me some questions about scripting. =)
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Because your an awsome scripter =D

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
yes I'm playing Laxius power 1 now... seems very long.
I already have items like in the middle of ff7... and the game is not even half way. maybe 30h played.
seems to me like one of the best rpgmaker games. well designed.
though there's lots of naughty jokes, and some of the pictures are definetely not like ff7 :)
- what I mean that some pics are in the adult theme, and mostly for males btw.
Where are the topless muscle warrior men?  ;D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 05:07:11 AM by aynish »

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...
Yeah, I feel my game is epic too. I already have the majority of the story down (THIS HELPS SO DAMN MUCH) and I split it into 50 "Episodes" Each with a title that pertains to it, with about an estimated 1 hour per episode. SOO THIS GUNNA BE CRAZY. But if you think about it, the avg. RPG is 30-50 hours long.

In your case, volumes sound pretty good.
"Think outside the box, collapse the box, and take a fucking sharp knife to it." - Banksy