RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Valcon Sky: The Reopening

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Characters. (I'm so sorry that the bio's are not long.  I just can't give to much away at this point)

Lance
Weapon: Combat Sword
Bio: Unknown.  Revealed through story. 

=================

Aika
Weapon: Bow.
Bio: A mysterious and young girl who resides in the village of Kerros. She brings with her the feeling of death and makes all around her shiver with fear.

=================

Horen

Weapon: Swords. (Double weilder)
Bio: A young man who is the same age as Aika.  He watches over her as her guardian.

=================

Nina
Weapon: Whips.
Bio: Part of the same organization as Lance.  When Lance and his squad went missing Nina was sent to find them.

=================

Daniel
Weapon: Gun.
Bio: In the same organization as Lance and Nina.  He was sent along with Lance to Kerros but never returned.
=================
-----------------------
System
------------------------

-In this game there will be no leveling up.  Instead, you shall gain HP, Strength, etc. by eating certain things.  Different foods and such bring up your HP, MP, etc. by different ammounts depending on it's value.

-When you attack you also waste MP.  The stronger the weapon the more MP it consumes to use.

-Certain items give you spells and such to use in battle and characters will have to learn certain skills from different objects and people.

=====================

Story (short summary of the beginning)

Lance, Daniel and one other soldier are sent to the town of Kerros on a sudden mission.  However, during the trip Lance complains about it feeling 'odd' and the feeling grows worse as they near the town.  His group is attacked by a murderoous creature.  As the soldier is killed by it Lance and Daneil are thrust into a battle with it.  However, they lost and are knocked unconcious.  Thus it begins.

I have ways of making this seem not-so-interesting, don't I?  Sorry about that...I'm sick now (have the flu) and my brain aint working normally.  I shall post screenshots and such when I get back. 

Please leave comments and the such.  Thanks.

MIDI: http://files.filefront.com//;6177922;;/

« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 11:06:00 AM by Lavata »

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I thought you finished Valcon Sky.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
No..I decided to make another one.  I'm going to try and stick with this one and just work on it little by little whenever I can.  That way I won't loose interestest to quick.

This one, like the others, has no connection to the other storylines.  They just have the same main character name.

Oh...and what do some of you think of the fact that when you attack regularly you lose MP?  My friend dosn't really like the idea much so I just thought i would get your opinions.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
It sounds fine. Kind of like how the Pokemon use PP to attack in the games. Just make sure they can still punch or something when they run out of MP. And don't call it MP either, as weapons shouldn't take magic points to use.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
OK, cool  I wasn't going to call it MP anyway.  Maybe something along the lines of SP, WP, TP, etc.

Also, I found the food part to be a neat little way to take out the leveling-up thing.  Useually people don't like to do that anymore for some reason.
=======================================
Here are some screenies:

^Opening Scene

^The Sewers

^First Fight (Lance's HP isn't meant to be that high.)

^First Fight (part 2) (Lance's HP isn't meant to be that high.)

^Prison Scene

thats it for now.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Default battle system. Looks nice, harkens back to the classics very nicely. I just hope the battles don't become tedious.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Thanks. I have decided to tak eout the part where when  you attack you lose MP..I shall just use that as a consequence for using the ultimate weapons.

I don't think that the battle with become to tedious.  I'll still try to make some of them challenging though.  I'm definitly going to try to make the bosses hard as well (not to hard...just a tad difficult.) I have seen to many games where you can breeze through the boss battles just by using the same moves over and over again.

Still...I wish I got more comments about this =|

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
This sure does deserve a comment :D :D :D :D

What RPG maker are you using (unless you already stated which)

And WOW to those screenies, when will we get to see more ;D

GOOD LUCK
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
That message sounded sarcastic to me for some reason or another :|

Anyway..thanks.  i am using RPG Maker 2003 to make this.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
That message sounded sarcastic to me for some reason or another :|

Sorry if it did but no it wasn't supposed to be at all

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
OK then, sorry.

here is a sketch of one of the characters in the game:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/42566788/

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
hey lav! wow...good to see youre starting your game again...i wish i could do that for mine. So far sounds pretty good...and yeah, i hope it doesnt become tedious to battle.

if you need help on something, you can always ask me.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Thank you, LD.  When you say 'tedious'...what do you mean by that, exactly?

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
i mean rriatating and/or boring. i mean...hell. If im walking from point A to point B, i want some fights (in most cases), but when theres one every like, 5 or 6 steps, then it gets annoying. Even more, when its the same music, transition effect, etc...it gets boring. that, and when it comes time to "level grind", you need to initiate the same battle system multiple times. Point in case- either dont have alot of monsters or make the battle system awesome

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Ok then, thank you.  I know what it's like to get irritated and annoyed by constant battle >.<.  Still, there is basicaly no need to 'level-grind' in this.  Since you can't level up, then there is no need to try and level-grind.

Oh...and I hope some people don't mind a few Mp3's in there (they are mainly for battles.)  The boss battle, regular battle and victory are Mp3's.  That's about it.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
What I don't like about the default battle system is that it dumbs down every battle to simply pressing the Enter key over and over. I wouldn't mind constant battles at all, so long as the fighting is fun. I never beat FFVII because their battle system was so god damn boring I didn't care enough to continue playing for the storyline. The first FF I ever beat was X, and although the story was sub-standard, the battles were always strategical and fun.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Then I shall try to improve upon the battles as much as I can.  Any tips and/or things that you think could help?

Rep:
Level 88
wow valcon sky... do some things not change?

GOOD luck lavata dont give in :P

and battles always get boring enless they change from time to time

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Then I shall try to improve upon the battles as much as I can.  Any tips and/or things that you think could help?

1. make enemies visible on the map (ala magination etc.)

2. have an ATB

3. itd be awesome if you could add something like in Super Star Saga, where you can get an advantage over enemies before the battle by pressing a button, say, shooting a bow or attacking, which would start the battle with the enemy stunned or what have you.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
didn't knowAh, I see.  I was thinking on having enemies visible on the map but I really didn't know if I should have done it or not.  Is there, by chance, any good monster sprite's I can use?  They don't have to be real good, just something to represent monsters (Tales of Symphonia had black blobs with eyes on the world map..so...I could possibly have something similar).

Like...for example: There could be a blob, a sparkling thing,a spirit-type thing, etc.  If you find any good ones fro RM2K/Rm2K3 please let me see them!   

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
not even close to the best, my bookmarks got erased, so I lost my links. But here are some:

http://www.hbgames.org/forums/local_links.php?catid=11

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Nouman, you sad little man, he needs them from 2k3. THose are for XP.
Anyways, he doesnt need specific monsters, correct?

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Nope.  I have soul-type things already.  All I need now is some monster-thingies that are suitable and can represent many monsters.

And thanks for the help Nouman, but I'm going for 2003 resources =)

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Hmmm...if i have time, and dont rely on this, but i may be able to sprite some. If not, just take that ToS idea of yours and simply edit the RTP slime sprites to be black blobs.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Nope.  I have soul-type things already.  All I need now is some monster-thingies that are suitable and can represent many monsters.

And thanks for the help Nouman, but I'm going for 2003 resources =)

sorry I missed that you mentioned that.