RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
any way to split up character png´s ?

Rep:
Level 81
is there a website or a programm which seperates you the 4x2 char-png´s into 8 seperate ones?
sure you can cut them out with photoshop, buts its a real pain in the ass to do this for several of these 4x2 sheets.
i think i once saw a tool, that was able to to this, but i forgot its name.
anyone able to help?
sincerly
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 02:20:24 PM by rofl1337 »

Rep:
Level 76
~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
I know of one someone made to let you COMBINE sheets, but not take them apart...

~My Projects~

~ VocaloidVX ~ Second Life Project ~
~ RPG Maker Collective ~
To support this forum, it's the first place that will gets posted some updates of mine, check it out ^_~

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I don't know about any tools, but is it really that much of a pain to do it in photoshop? You could just make a basic template and save it to another layer. Then add the character set you want to split. Go to the template layer and select the square, copy from the graphic layer and paste into a new sheet. It wouldn't take long for each one. Why do you want to do it anyway?

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
Make a new image with the same resolutions, then eight new layers. Make a white square on each layer to fit the size of a character sheet, each in their own positions.

Save as template.psd.

Open a spritesheet as a new layer, select one of the layers alpha channel, then crop the spirte sheet, save. Repeat.
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Just create an action in photoshop. Do absolutely everything that you want to do to a file then save that action. Open the next one and press play - PS does it for you.

jic
http://tinyurl.com/35ue9zf

Rep:
Level 81
@ Modern Algebra
yeah I was just lazy, I already seperated plenty sheets with gimp using a fixed selection box, that has exactly the size of a single-character png.
just thought there might be a tool for that.

i use them with a side view battlesystem, that requires a png for every char.