RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Color Palette in 2k3

Rep:
Level 88
Keep on Baggin'
The whole limited color selection thing in rpg maker 2k3 has always annoyed me, and I've always wondered if I'm using as many colors as possible.  I was annoyed to find that the rtp tilesets actually has more colors than my own, which I save as 256 color bitmap.  what?  Can someone inform me as to how I can save my files w/ the most colors possible.  Does it have something to do w/ that retarded color table?

for example:
the rtp grass, so perty

when saved in the file type I use...

two measly shades of green!

why does they gots more colors when rpg maker can aparently only read 256 bitmaps?  AUUGH!
Some friends mend.  Some friends depend.  Some friends lend.  Some friends send.  Friend.