RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Couple of RM2K3 questions

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
I've got a few issues with the internal parameters of RM2K3.

*Is it possible to alter the internal battle algorithms in any way?

*Is it possible to designate a monster's standard attack animation to be something other than Punch 1?
"There's almost not enough juice in this house!"
"Um...so there IS enough, right?"
"Yes. Nevermind."

You can make that deep of changes in 2003. (Battle algorithms)

As for the animations i think so..... maybe not....
what you can do is make a skill for each monster attack and have him use that instead of normal "attack". Sorry if that is confusing  :?

Unless I say so, I'm using RPG Maker XP.

Rep:
Level 91
For the animation, I think you just have to move the animation you want ALL the monsters to attack with, in the PLACE of punch1
Current Game:
The Benevrin: Sovereignty Spheres
Completion
19%
Release Date
March 12, 2006

Most Recent Photograph
Photo Too Graphic to show a thumbnail

I would just do the skill version, except that it seems kind of silly to give a name to each standard attack when the characters aren't faced with that problem. And I can't have both swordsmen and poison toads cutting at foes.

How do you change the internal battle algorithms in RM2K3? I haven't seen that option anywhere.
"There's almost not enough juice in this house!"
"Um...so there IS enough, right?"
"Yes. Nevermind."

Rep:
Level 91
i don't think you can but you might be able to work your way behind it.
just tell us what you want to change and there might be a way though without the access to the scripts such as there is in rmxp you can't really "control" the battle system fully
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
you cant control the battle algroithmith unless you make a CBS.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club