RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Vakkanan Fantasy - OMG VOTE

Rep:
Level 90
Right, I have decided I am going to STICK to this game like glue, as I have abandoned many other projects I begun!

Story:
200 years ago, in a tower in the land of Vakkana, resided four seals. Nature, Ice, Water and Fire. The seals were guarded by two wizards.
If any of the seals were to be broken, a thing most important to the earth would also go!
Nature powered the earths Trees and vegetation!
Ice controlled the earths weather.
Water controlled the earths rain.
And fire gave the earth the heat that humans need to survive!
Once however, a group of demons named the Sasaki attempted to break the seals, one of the wizards had to sacrifice himself to move each seal to a safe area.
In the present day, at a fighting guild known as Rinaru, 2 peoplev named Marcus and Azark are called on an assignment to rescue a hunter girl who has been kidnapped by bandits, little do they know, this will lead to the adventure of thier lives...

Characters:

Name: Marcus
Class: Fighter
Weapon: Swords
Hometown: Rinaru
Info: Marcus has been training at the Rinaru guild ever since he was 10, he is taught by his arrogant teacher Azark.

Name: Azark
Class: Fighter
Weapon: Swords
Hometown: Rinaru
Info: Azark teaches Marcus how to fight, Marcus dislikes him due to the fact he calls him 'Kid' all the time.

Name: Ciril
Class: Hunter
Weapon: Bows
Hometown: Canyon Village
Info: Rescued barely by Marcus and Azark she insits she goes to the Rinaru guild with them to thank the guild master, this is how things turn nasty.

Name: Farina
Class: Lancer
Weapon: Spears
Hometown: Ilirica
Info: The Ilirican kings personal 'Protecter' when she learns of the Sasaki demons and their mysterious attraction to the king she decides to help Marcus on his quest.

Name: Carlos
Class: Hunter
Weapon: Daggers
Hometown: Canyon Village
Info: A mere temporary party member, he is killed a short while into the game.

Features:

-Something I made up called a Laichi system. 99 Laichi in the game, every 10 you collect you obtain a cheat!

-Quest Point System. A counter in the menu recording all the quests you have beaten![/b]

Screenshots:

Rinaru Path

Main Menu

Lol, weakling. That will be your first optianal quest XD!

And thats Rinaru Canyon. Your first Main quest takes place around here!

Rep:
Level 89
Interesting pie...but I have one little suggestion. You said that Ice controlled the earth's weather and water controlled the rain. Isn't that the same principle? You may want to change one liquid element to read in a different state...such as Spirit maybe?

Rep:
Level 89
Koopa Troopa!
Sounds cool, and I like the laichi idea and the quest list

Rep:
Level 90
OMG Screenies XD

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I actually like your mapping. It is simple, but seems to be effective. Anyways, looking forward to the game.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
The layout of your maps remind me of Golden Sun.  I don't know why.  It just does.

DUDE.  Do NOT use the default chipsets.  PLEASE.  I get so sick of seeing them.  I don't have enything against you or your idea for your game, but it's SO tiring when all of the projects listed on this forum look exactly the same.  I mean, you want your game to look unique, don't you?

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Your mapping is quite awful i think.

1.They are too plain
2. The canyon one is poo, remember the 3 line rule
3. I just dont like the look of them
4. Arshes / Aluxes?
5. .::Menu::. looks gay

:)

My xbox 360 gamercard =D

Rep:
Level 89
Koopa Troopa!
Could we see one of your game screenshots? so we can have a go at you?
anyway pie I love your mapping and the canyon fog is brill, looking forward to playing it

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Quote from: Yossy
The layout of your maps remind me of Golden Sun.  I don't know why.  It just does.

DUDE.  Do NOT use the default chipsets.  PLEASE.  I get so sick of seeing them.  I don't have enything against you or your idea for your game, but it's SO tiring when all of the projects listed on this forum look exactly the same.  I mean, you want your game to look unique, don't you?

That's one of the reasons I hate RMXP so much. There are very little other tilesets available on the internet other than the RTP.

I wouldn't say his mapping is awful, but it's only average at best. Like Yossy said, it just looks like every other project here, nothing too special. I've never really been a fan of those games that use the shadows of the clouds either.  :? The menu is ok in my opinion, but a different font and windowskin may help.

And fix the spelling mistakes in your dialogue.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 90
Quote from: Kairo

1.They are too plain
4. Arshes / Aluxes?

1: Plain? Others say my mapping is awsome?
2: My canyons not poo  :(
3:  :(
4: I dont see whats so bad about using the deafaul arshes character? I would understand if I kept his name as arshes, but I havn't.
5: If i centre the writing it goes all cramped up, believe me it is better off like that  :roll:

Also I understand Halo and Yossys point about the default maps, but have you tried looking for an RTP looking custom map on the net. The only things I find are edits and reclolours.
Thanks for all your feedback peeps. And WELCOME BACK HALO  :)
lol  :lol:

P.S.( I may change the font, i'll think about it)

Why is everyone complaining I think his mapping is acctually pretty good and besides why complain?
It's his game. And I quite like it.
There is no need to complain! It might make him feel let down and he is acctually trying to make a game for us to play so quit complaining!
I WANT RGE OLD FORUMS BACK

Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com
Wondering Quest: World War 3%

Hey thatsmypie :D
Where did you get that Window Screen I WANT IT  :twisted:
I WANT RGE OLD FORUMS BACK

Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com
Wondering Quest: World War 3%

Rep:
Level 90
lol ur not using it! Its MINE  :twisted:
Also thanks for the comment, it makes me feel special  :cry:

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Quote from: thatsmypie
lol ur not using it! Its MINE  :twisted:
Also thanks for the comment, it makes me feel special  :cry:

Then you should delete your SS, coz it
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

1.They are too plain
4. Arshes / Aluxes?

1: Plain? Others say my mapping is awsome?

Then its clear they are not good mappers  :roll:

And i havnt seen anyone say awesome anywhere  :|

Oh and everyone whose complaining, its not your opinion its mine so shut it    :wink:

[EDIT] Your spelling and grammar is poor too  8)

Embarrest lol, Embarrassed :)

See im helping you no whats the big deal?

My xbox 360 gamercard =D

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Actually I like that field map. It really gives you a feeling of a great field. *refering to Hyrule field in Ocarina of Time...*
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 90
lol thats just a basic, 30x30 path lol!

Also Kairo, when people make games they dont bother with spelling and grammer until they have finished, (at least thats what I do  :lol: )
I dont see what is wrong with my mapping, its just basic, like most maps...
Meh, I dont care what you think lol  :lol:

Rep:
Level 90
Sorry bout double post but I have thought of what yossy and halo, and even kairo said about the XP RTP maps, mayby I should remake the game on 2k3...
I have made a poll to see what you guys think, doesn't mean to say I will go buy what you guys say.
If I do decide to re-make it on 2k3 then you may be expecting a zelda like battle system, and even sub menu!!!

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Sorry bout double post but I have thought of what yossy and halo, and even kairo said about the XP RTP maps, mayby I should remake the game on 2k3...
I have made a poll to see what you guys think, doesn't mean to say I will go buy what you guys say.
If I do decide to re-make it on 2k3 then you may be expecting a zelda like battle system, and even sub menu!!!

I voted for yes, coz I want an action adventure like Zelda! :^^: Can
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 90
If you want a good Zelda type battle system check out yossys game. The demo can be downloaded at www.kingaranfantasy.com.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Visit our website.

Nothing wrong with XP RTP maps, used a fused exterior and you can work wonders with it  :|

And anything that can be done on 2k3 can be done in xp , even a zelda abs  :roll:

(with events)

My xbox 360 gamercard =D

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
If you want a good Zelda type battle system check out yossys game. The demo can be downloaded at www.kingaranfantasy.com.

Heck yeah!!

Rep:
Level 90
And it is done. I have decided to remake the game on 2k3!
I have also altered the storyline a bit. When I get further into creation I shall make a new thread with a slightly altered storyline and new screenshots!

Things to Look Forward Too!
-A Sub-Menu System
-A Zelda Type Battles System
-A ton of Mini-Games

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Nothing wrong with XP RTP maps, used a fused exterior and you can work wonders with it  :|

Too bad pretty much all the fused maps are tacky as hell. The normal RTP tilesets are just fine. Well, some of them could use a little editing... But, mostly fine. You just have to be creative with them.