RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Concentrate Skill (Skill that developes another skill) RM2K3

Rep:
Level 85
IT IS ALIVE
Hey Guys / Girls,

I have a question, I have made a concentration skill that I have given to specific characters in my lil game thingy.
The skill is called Concentrate (Specilization name) what it does is allow the player to choose a skill tree basically, but his only allowed to choose one and he must develope the skill to progress the abilities there in.

IE I have a Mage class that starts with Concentrate (Flame) and Concentrate(Water) now what happens is in battle only your character can cast either one of these initially and it will set that path for the characters development, in other workds if concentrate (Flame) is used then Concentrate(Water) drops away and there is now a counter in the Flame skill variable. this is then taken as the concentration LVL that will allow the character to learn new skilles based both on the character lvl and the lvl of concentration in that element.

OK this i actually have got working.

What i have a problem in though is this, How can i get it to set the variables etc in battle, what i mean is currently all this happens then only after battle will the effects actually happen, IE concentrate after using it will only remove the other spell the next battle. and the counter is only set to +1 after battle regardless how many times you have used it in battle.

What i would like it to do is basically real  time events, so once the skill is used everything that should happen WILL happen right then regardless that your still in battle or not. and not have to wait till battle end.

Please assist if this is possible in RM2K3 if not its not a train smash I have placed a small trainer that players must go through before they ever go into a battle and created events that should both have been used that the player gets Nerfed if that makes sence lol He looses both skills and gives a message "Fire and water never mix, you should never have been that Greedy"

Oh if you like here is the Coding and stuffs to get the skills working that I am currently Using to help me and if anyone wants them...
Spoiler for:
OK this is just the way i have done it, there is probably a much easier way.
Firstly Create the Skills called Concentrate(x) (x) being the concentration you want
Set the skill to a Switch and give it the MP used and Description etc as normal, Set the Turn ON Switch to a easily recognisable Switch I used High Range 0221:Flame for mine. and set the Activation allowed to whereever you need it.
OK now the FUN
Go into the commen Event Tab Create a Event called "Concentrate(x) Activation" and Trigger Parallel Process and set the Trigger switch to the switch you just defined "0221:Flame"
Now your code will look like this basically.

Change Skills: Elric Concentrate(Water) Remove
Variable Oper: {0120:Flame} + , 1    Use any Variable you like this is the LVL counter for the Skill
Switch Operation: {0221:Flame} OFF
: END

OK thats that, Now Create a new commen Event and call it (x) LVL again make it a Parallel Process but there will be no Triggers.
OK im only going to give a basics but you'll see its really easy to use.

Branch If Switch {0221:Flame] is ON
 Branch If Elric LEVEL is 10 or more
   Branch if Var {0120:Flame} is 10 or more
    Message: You have Learnt the Skill (x) This would be another Skill you Create that now gets learnt, this skill can be a normal spell or even a new lvl of concentrate etc
    Change Skills: Elric (x)
    Switch Operation: {0221:Flame} Off
   Else Handler
  Else Handler
Else Handler
Saru mo kikara Ochiru
English:Even Monkeys will fall from Trees