RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
cut scene messages

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
hey i'm making a cutscene for the introduction of my game and well the first bit is messages how do i stop the messages from repeating?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Either turn on a local switch and make an empty page with nothing on it, a local switch pre-condition, and Action Key processing, or just teleport to a different map and make sure that you never go to the map again.

i did that but now the message has stopped completely

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Well, the event with the message and stuff, leave no condition. Make a new page with the local switch condition which gets turned on at the end of the cutscene. Try that?

no still not working :( :( it is stll not even showing the message o well if ure stuck for ideas lol i will hopelfully figure it out but thanks anyway  :)

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Do you mind zipping the game folder up as a .rar or a .zip and attaching it?

its ok now :) i just messed with it lol but i know now and ermm i have another problem is there any way i can make it so guards run in after a certain amount of time? :)

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Time in seconds is a bit of a conundrum. You can work with frames. :P You just use the wait command. To make wait for a certain amount of time, I think it would be possible but with scripting.

i have made him wait witch is good but i need him to wait offscreen if you get what i mean so it looks like he is running in after him

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Oh, just make the event start out somewhere where you can't see him. Then, just make him move with a move event?

yea i dont understand lol i am going to add it in a minute and if you could do what you said and anything else that mite make it run more smoothly please :)

and also when u send it back like post on here what you did
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 11:11:53 PM by tidge3000 »

If Ham didn't taste like Ham, I would hope it tasted like turkey
Rep:
Level 88
>:O
1) You need to give us the whole project folder, not just the rmxp file.

2) Try this. http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,157.0.html

The 3rd tutorial is about cutscenes, It'll explain what you're asking.