RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Eternal Star Vol 1: Mystic Path[DEMO AVAILABLE]

Rep: +0/-0Level 70
RMRK Junior
Game Title – Eternal Star: Mystic Path
Platform: RPG Maker VX

Story Background

You start out with an unknown wielder of the Crimson Flame sneaking about through an underground laboratory trying to rescue
a couple kids from the clutches of the Skythe Corporation. Things do not go as planned, but he discovers some truths and unfortunate
events that he would never suspect. What is Skythe's intentions and why are they trying to seek out the Mystic's abilities? This story
will revolve around the eventual unraveling of Skythe's Scheme and their Minerva Operation. Also, how far does the corruption within
the Kingdom of Tyr go and who is pulling the strings? The ongoing fear of an Astarian attack keeps the Tyrians on edge while something
more sinister is at work behind the scenes. The main hero will eventually be thrown into the unfortunate events that will soon unfold
even if he really does not want to. Can you help his sister cope with the upcoming events that will unfold?

World Development

The world is on a verge of a scientific evolution. The lack of the respect for nature and the planet's resources is becoming more
notable. In the distant past, a mistake was made in depleting the planet's life force, which led to major catastrophes, which almost
led to the destruction of the planet. Mankind was thought to have learned from past mistakes; however, history is known to repeat
itself. Magic is the normality in this world, but the use of ether is considered taboo. Anyone who uses this power is labeled a
Mystic and as such they are hunted down by the Inquisition to be put on trial for their practice of the demonic arts. On thecontinent of Chronus, the kingdom of Tyr and the kingdom of Astaria have had many conflicts in regard to land resources and
mineral resources such as mithril and gold. These conflicts usually have resorted to war between the two kingdoms throughout the
beginning of mankind's historical arrival on Chronus 1500 years ago. AFter the last Continental War the kingdoms have signed a
pact to provide a better way to manage export and import of resources between the kingdoms.

Character Biography
?????: The infamous Crimson Flash who is said to take on some of the most dangerous missions for the Organization. He is also currently investigating the Skythe Corporation to determine their purpose. Not much is known about this man except that not many have crossed blades with him and lived to tell about it. Rumors have it that he used to be a Mercenary before he joined the Organization.

Rykar Demarz: The main hero of the game who is currently a member of the Organization. He takes low end missions to help support both his sister and himself. He currently lives in his hometown of Agant with his sister Stella. He provides the means to bring food to the table and lives under the same roof as his role model and father figure Terris Kelstar. His parents went missing when he was young and everyone suspects they were killed.

Stella Demarz: The sister of the main hero who lives at home in Agant. She is blind due to an event in the distant past when she was a little girl. Due to her loss of sight, she has her other senses heightened beyond the average human especially her hearing. She is dependant on Rykar's support although sometimes it can be more of an annoyance than anything. She grows tired of Rykar being overprotective due to her disability. She is currently living in the same house as her father figure Terris Kelstar.

Luke Ikaris: The current captain of the Agant Militia, which acts independently from the military of the Tyr Kingdom. Most villages due not have their own protective guard and rely on the District armies or the Royal Military for protection; however, due to the increased attacks from the wildlife nearby they decided to form their own defense unit. He is a strong-willed man who grew up with Rykar and Stella as childhood friends. He is currently watching Rykar's home while he is away on his current mission.

Features
Tantenkai Side View Battle System Non-ATB
ATS 3.0
Sky Party Manager
Sky’s Achievement
Woratana’s Monster Book
BulletXT’s SwapXT
BulletXT's Thomas Edison VX
Melmarvin's Rainy Title Screen
Rafidelis Title X
Much Much More

Download – Demo V1.0 Complete
Progress Estimation Till Game Completion – 8%
Gameplay Time – At least three hours
Known Errors – Do not know of any at this time
Credits – Enterbrain, RPG Maker XP RTP, RPG Maker VX RTP, Masashi Kishimoto, SithJester, rgangsta and some other various artists I am still trying to research to find out who they are.

I appreciate any input from anyone who has interest in my project in the works. Thank you for all your help and I help for some great feedback. How do you like my mappings, storyline, plot, character descs etc.
Thank you once again.

*WARNING* There are strong religious overtones and graphical violence, so play at your own discretion

*UPDATE*: After a whole year has passed since the game demo's official release, I am proud to present to you version 1.5. There are many new things added to the new version aside from more storyline. You will
now be able to choose missions from the Organization Branch. There are many various categories of missions to take up to 10 different types and each category varies in itself. There is now also a Member Ranking
List that will show you your current rank compared to the rest of those within the Organization. Four new locations were added since my last update and at least two more new characters make their appearance. Also,
the new trap chests system has been implemented as well for those who love booby traps. You have a chance to avoid the traps or take less damage depending on your defense or magic defense and evasion and
agility. Also, for the missions if you do not complete them in enough time like say if the story progresses then you would miss your chance to succeed and may end up failing a mission. I am proud to announce the
new skill upgrade system that is used in conjunction with mastering skills. In other words, you must use a certain skill a certain number of times to master it and then you can upgrade that to its next level.

All in all, I hope you enjoy the latest update and feel free to let me know what you think of the latest changes. I look forward to the responses, so let me hear them.

Here is the link to the game: Eternal Star Vol 1: Mystic Path Version 1.5
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 03:26:26 PM by kyros2000 »

Rep:
Level 71
Title screen looks awesome, story seems pretty unique. So looks pretty good.

RMRK Junior
Thank you for your comments. I appreciate it. I am glad you are enjoying the demo so far. I am just curious how long did it
take for you to reach the ending credits? Thank you for your time.

Rep:
Level 71
I had only looked at the screenshots and read the plot, I tried to download the demo and as usual Norton removed. I can un-quarantine it but I'm not sure if it's safe. Not that you planted a virus, but there is a chance media fire did. Once again good work.  :)

RMRK Junior
Perhaps I should zip the file up to prevent that from happening. Thank you for letting me know. I am not sure but perhaps everyone else may be having the same issues.

RMRK Junior
Okay, this is the new link I am putting up with a zipped file with an .rar extension. I have virus scanned the file and there were no viruses, so it should be clean. Anyone
please let me know if you still have any problems with downloading the file. Thank you.

The new link is: http://www.mediafire.com/file/vi228tca4mde8as/Eternal%20Star%20Mystic%20Path.rar

Rep:
Level 71
There are actually many more errors, under game.ini place the following "RTP=RPGVX" under [game] (it will appear as "RTP-RPGVX"). There is also the missing graphics for the title screen, my computer compiled this log of what it is missing.

RMRK Junior
That is weird because I checked game.ini and they all have RTP=RPGVX and also the folders for graphics/title with the files there. I used RMVX compress features with checks for encrypt and include rtp. Perhaps there is something screwy with those features?

Rep:
Level 71
It has always worked for me, you could uninstall and reinstall rpg maker vx. There is also a probability that an open program was conflicting when you tried to compress. 

RMRK Junior
Alright, first I am going to compress one with encrypted and one without and see if same problem. If still is I will try uninstall and reinstall. Thank you for helping. It is very irritating that something so simple needs to be so difficult, but I'll figure it out soon enough.

RMRK Junior
I'm curious. Does your extraction fail when you try installing it? I keep getting that for me and I am trying more than one computer.

Rep:
Level 71
Yes it does do that but no one has had a problem with them.

RMRK Junior
It is very weird. IT would keep crapping out around when it reaches the graphics/animations folder for extraction. I will try removing all animations and see how much further
it will make it in the extraction process. I even saw the animations after it failed out and it transfered a third of a file and the rest was white space and then no further files were
transferred. Do you think the title of my project could be the problem? There is a colon in it: Eternal Star: Mystic Path? Thank you for your help.

Rep:
Level 71
Very unlikely due to the fact windows prevents conflicting characters.

RMRK Junior
Alright, even after removing all animations it just crapped out in parallaxes folder with same problem. There isn't a limit to how big a size the extractable executable can be before RMVX craps out is there? It always seems to make it past the audio and data folders. Will now try the uninstall and reinstall and see what happens.

EDIT: I just thought of something else. Is it possible for a script to pose a problem for the compress option in RMVX?

RMRK Junior
Alright.... I am at a loss for words. I have cleared all scripts and tried to build the compressed executable and still same problem. I uninstalled RMVX and completely reinstalled and still the problem lingers. I am going to use winrar and after manually combining the RTP files put it all in a .rar file with fodler structure intact. This way a simple extract is all one would need wherever they wish their uncompressing software to put it. I have tried and unless you can think of any other way, then I will have to do that so I can get the ball moving of course and everyone can actually enjoy the demo. I do appreciate your patience as well as everyone else while I try to fix this issue. Thank you.

Rep:
Level 71
No problem, I will tell you if I think of a solution.

RMRK Junior
Alright, I have the new link up. Let me know if you have any problems and it is a rar file once again.

Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/a9qvvra7f9gsmpz/Eternal%20Star%20Mystic%20Path%20Demo%20V1.0.rar

EDIT: Sorry link was broken earlier. This new rar file should be the final link and you do not need the RTP installed any longer to play it. I will test play it as well to make
sure nothing is different or out of place. Thank you all for sticking in there with me ;)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 12:16:04 AM by kyros2000 »

Rep:
Level 71
Alright it works fine, now here's my honest opinion: Over all the game is good, best title screen I have ever seen. I find a little to hard sneak past the guards. I can be out of sight but if they face the way where I am they detect me. Another thing is, is this a modern or medieval game? People have swords and knight armor yet there is air conditioning. This is only constructive criticism, it is a pretty good game so far. One last thing the face graphics are kinda low quality, a while back I found this awesome face set generator. http://gen8hedgehog.deviantart.com/art/Anime-Face-Maker-v1-0-75897890

RMRK Junior
Perhaps I can lessen the range they use to detect. That should help out some. The game is in a medieval setting however mankind has come across ancient technology that they are starting to research and learn how to utilize the technology for their benefit. Now I suppose it may be going too far to have ventilation in which I can remove to make it stick with a more medieval theme. About the face set generator, I hope it can generate some faces that will closely resemble the character sprites I have in the game. If there is no problem with finding a matching face then that generator will be ideal. I do agree with the face graphics being low quality, but since I am not a graphic artist by any means they were the closest I could find to match their sprites.

Btw, were you able to get past the intro portion and all the sneaking around? How far have you gotten and have you reached the ending credits yet? When you do I am curious what your total game time played was. Thanks for playing. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Rep:
Level 71
I never made it past the guards.....

RMRK Junior
Alright, I'll fix that right away so that there will not be a problem there. I apologize for it being so difficult.

RMRK Junior
Okay, I have the updated link for you. I have removed the ventilation and lowered the difficulty of the guards so that their range is much less. This should help you get further. Let me know if you have any more difficulties.

The link is here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9rdnwjdr6857yjg/Eternal%20Star%20Mystic%20Path%20Demo%20V1.0.rar
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 04:59:03 AM by kyros2000 »

Rep:
Level 71
It took about 15 minutes with no mistakes, I got to the point where he keeps repeating something about flames buying him time. I love smoking every one with guardian from the ashes. :)

RMRK Junior
Hehe, yeah it's my favorite too however the cost in mp makes me want to save that one for bosses. Another one that works well is the Flames of Judgement that attacks everyone as well and still gets the job done. Okay 15 minutes with no mistakes, does that mean there was mistakes after that point? Was there something that prevented you from going further than the wall of flames that buys him time to make it to the next floor?