RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA]Print isn't working???? wtfh...[SOLVED]

Rep:
Level 90
Skilled Scripter, Shitty Mapper, Decent Writer.
After refining and further refining a script, I've hit a debugging issue. Print is all it's forms is refusing to display a darn thing. It is a COLD DAY IN HELL when I can't even use print properly.

Code: [Select]
p(obj)
print obj.inspect
print(arg)
printf()
putc(ch)
putc("ch")
putc(?c)
putc(99)
puts(obj)

I've tried them all. RGSS has apparently decided to hate me or something. NONE of them even so much as make a box appear with ANYTHING. It's to the point that I'm about to just dig out my XP debugging script and dump things into txt files again. Regardless of what it is, I've been out of scripting way too long to not even figure out what I'm doing wrong.

As for the VXA version, it's straight from Enterbrain's site.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 09:52:11 PM by Shinami »

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Code: [Select]
msgbox
msgbox_p

RGSS3 uses these instead of those. The help file is a wonderful thing :)
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 65
Working on Monster Leader
Contestant - GIAW 9
if you just use print or p it prints it on the console (Game > Show Console in the Maker Menu)

Rep:
Level 90
Skilled Scripter, Shitty Mapper, Decent Writer.
How very interesting...now I'm curious about a few things with the console. What I really find odd though is that the help file didn't list a darn bit about msgbox at all in the Built-in Functions part of the help file. Then a quick search later and I find it listed in RGSS Built-in Functions...it feels like I'm learning to script all over again. >.>;

Thank you, both of you. Eventually, I'll get my bearings again in scripting.