RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The End of Mankind . . . .

Rep:
Level 88
Mankind might end, and Womankind would be free!

(go feminists!)
Kinsei kazoku no mottoo .

Seigi no mae no haamonii
heiwa no mae no barannsu
saigo no ha no mae no junjo ha kudaru

Translation:

Kinsei Family Motto

Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before the last leaf falls

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Womankind needs mankind though, that's your one weakness.  I'm still pushing for the 2012 pole shift horrible global killer.  Wait and see, I guess.

OMG!! IVE RUN OUT OF EYELINER!!!
Rep:
Level 88
More man than everyone here put together.
Quote from: biohazard
Womankind needs mankind though, that's your one weakness.

Yes, thats womens greatest weakness... *rolls eyes*
The opposite of intelligence is not stupidity, it's patriotism.

Rep:
Level 88
A good eventer and story creator.
If only scientists couldn't find away to make us self-reproducing that statement would be true. If frogs can do it, it's only a matter of time.
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Mankind might end, and Womankind would be free!

(go feminists!)

Mankind would be free too. Free from nagging, eye-rolling, and unexpected pregnancies.

OMG!! IVE RUN OUT OF EYELINER!!!
Rep:
Level 88
More man than everyone here put together.
Women are mean, they are cold-hearted and deceptive, and toy with ones emotions to get what they want, with no regard to men's feelings whatsoever.
The opposite of intelligence is not stupidity, it's patriotism.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Real men dont have feelings, the sooner you learn that the better off you will be.

Irock touched your custom title
Rep:
Level 89
I think that some old dude will be smoking when he suddenly died of a heart attack. His cigar will fall out of his mouth and start his curtins on fire. In turn, his house will become a blazing fireball and start his nearby forest on fire. The fire will spread to the ocean when an oil tank has just been spilled and start the ocean on fire. The heat from the ocean will be so hot it will spereate the hydrogen from the water and burn. This will cause the entire atmishphere to burn turning earth into a giant fireball. The end. ;8

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Lol, win.

I think that humans will definitely be the cause of our own end. I don't get why so many people think that we're special enough to witness some cosmic tragedy, like the earth blowing up or something. The earth has been around for a little while, guys. I'm pretty sure that if it was going to up and kill everything on it, it would have by now. And don't give me the whole "dinosaurs meteor" reply. Dinosaurs were hardly intelligent enough to take up a defense.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
your timeframe is too small, the earth has been around billions of years, but when you look at the universe, that isn't that long.  Give earth time to destroy itself.

Holier then Jesus.
Rep:
Level 87
i am not trying to souhd like a religious freak but the bible does talk about some future events but wether they come true no one knows

Rep:
Level 94
There are a lot of ways to hear prophecies. Edgar Cayce was a supposed prophet, who put himself into dream-like
trances to look at future events. He made multiple predictions about the Sphinx in Egypt that were very interesting. Also, everyone has heard of Nostradamus at least once. His predictions are always written in metaphor though, giving them the ability to appear prophetic in many situations. The bible does tell many tales about the future, but in what I believe, I take them as life lessons more than omens.

Holier then Jesus.
Rep:
Level 87
I was just saying that thier are other views that are not directly related to natural distruction.

Rep:
Level 94
You're speaking of the rapture, I'm assuming. I can't really comment you on that, since I don't believe in an afterlife. I just find it hard to believe that people are going to be lifted away from earth, while the rest are left to boil and be condemned. Unless its a secret message about aliens... Biggest conspiracy ever?  ;8

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Holk, you just connected with all my thoughts.  Religion was actually created by alien greys, there are numerous reports throughout the bible of strange lights in the sky, and Jesus himself said "You come from this world, I do not, I come from the world above."  (paraphrased).  What if "angels" are really just the alien greys.  To what purpose would they create religion you ask?  Maybe as a way not to harm our "souls", as they regard us as nothing more than containers, and Robert Lazar thinks perhaps for souls, that they "havest".  As Charles Fort once said, "The Earth is a farm, we are someone elses property". 

Holier then Jesus.
Rep:
Level 87
You come from this world, I do not, I come from the world above."  (paraphrased). I am sorry I may just not remember It but I do not remember hreading that in the bible or it might be a different version than I use

Rep:
Level 94
It was the King Zorklins' Bible.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Fuck you, Holk.  ;)

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
I noe you said i can't say that the human race will never end, but in reality, it can't. No virus can kill all humans because there are always a select few who are immune to the virus. Maybe if we get hit by an asteriod right now, but other than that, we well survive. Even if the earth is destoryed in the next 100 years, we probably would be living somewhere else. We would have colonies all ova the galaxy. Also remember, we can always crossbreed with other life forms or aliens. :-*

Rep:
Level 94
I disagree. I think that at the rate viruses mutate, while not probable, it is possible for a disease to wipe out the human race. Also, I don't think interstellar travel is a good reason why we won't be dead. That ability is still a far way off, and even if it did happen in the next hundred years, they wouldn't just be able to move everyone somewhere else. As of this moment, there is nowhere else to go. The nearest star other than our own is still a phenomenal distance away, and just getting there would take longer than a human life span.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Diahbeetus.

Sorry, I felt it was deathly important.

There are a number of ways, but worrying only creates still more.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
metalcore loving gay pride christian

Rep:
Level 87
¥¥Death is Peace, and it is your friend¥¥
ahhhh yes, i've always wanted to reply to this forum.

Well to me, I have several theories pertaining to how mankind will end, and yes, it'll end brutally, regardless of whether you believe in a religion that states "no man should die, nor suffer in vain". Welcome to science.

The sun
Every star has a cycle. Right now our sun, a star, is now an average sized star, think of it as a middle aged man. The Cycle: Every star forms in a dusty soup of particles and gases known as a STELLAR NEBULA. This nebula can take two routes, morph into an average sized star, or morph into a massive star (Note this is not dangerous, this is just the main sequence). Then those 2 stars take their routes as main sequence stars. In this case, our star is in its main sequence. Billions of years there after, our star begins to lose it's precious fuel source, HYDROGEN. Now the massive star then morphs into a Red Supergiant, and the average sized one turns into a SuperGiant. Once they both run out of fuel, the red giant will blow up into a planetary nebula, and the red supergiant will blow up into a supernova. The Red Giant will finally rest in peace as a white dwarf, whereas the Red Supergiant has the ability rest in peace as a black hole, or a neutron star. There you have it, our planet will abruptly end in 4-6billion years.

Spoiler for:

Climate
Rather than waiting 4-6billion years for the sun to burn out, we can have the climate pwn us in a matter of milleniums, or hundreds of years. Studies show that Florida will be 10 ft underwater in 50 years, and venice is already gone. Global Warming is melting the polar ice caps, increasing the water levels of both the atlantic and pacific, as well as the indian ocean. We're really commiting suicide here. Also, the Amazon Rainforest is what absorbs 1/3 of the carbon dioxide in the air, without it, CO2 levels will rise incredibly, but we're cutting it down at an ernormous rate.
Spoiler for:

Asteroid Apophis
It was named after the god of darkness and chaos, in egyptian terms. Apophis has a good chance of hitting earth in april 13, 2029. If it does, then it'll destroy california. If it intends to miss it's target, beware, it'll come back with a vengeance. If it misses california, then it's likely to pass a gravitational keyhole, in which it could turn around and get another shot at us, but this time, falling in the pacific ocean, which will cause more chaos, for the nations that border the pacific. It will cause tsunamis over 100ft high, and it'll create a pressure increasing pulse, therefore, ensueing in a chain of earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions. Not only japan and california are gonna get pwnt by a tsunami, its likely that they'll encounter high richter scaled quakes.

for more information, read these two articles by NASA
http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/asteroid_risk_041224.html
http://www.space.com/news/051103_asteroid_apophis.html

Take a look at thise picture. Look at apophis's orbit, and earth's, two chances of it hitting us.
Spoiler for:

Here's another image. That's Cali right there.
Spoiler for:

Theres several ways of avoiding this, but seeming as to how we lack natural resources, we're only limited to a couple of ways to eliminate the target.

Magnet Ship
A giant ship is to be created to attract the asteroid, and pull it away from earth.
Large amounts of fuel, and alluminum, and really giant magnet.

Rocket Nuke
Man... you're gonna need millions of tons of explosives to pull this off. Also, this could create more chaos for earth. As mini asteroids could spray all over earth, some the size of cities. Also, the miniasteroid would have radioactive waste on them, so ya, its really worth it.  >:(

Technology
Seeming as how we need technology to thrive, soon or later, technology would thrive on us. If we were to make a a robot, do almost the very samethings on our hands, then we have a catastrophic technobot on our hands. But its least likely we're gonna be killed by bots.

Quote from Oneray
I noe you said i can't say that the human race will never end, but in reality, it can't. No virus can kill all humans because there are always a select few who are immune to the virus. Maybe if we get hit by an asteriod right now, but other than that, we well survive. Even if the earth is destoryed in the next 100 years, we probably would be living somewhere else. We would have colonies all ova the galaxy. Also remember, we can always crossbreed with other life forms or aliens.

Viruses have the ability to mutate faster than we could produce a vaccine for them. As a result, millions of people die from a disease without a proper vaccine. Russians made a hybrid virus, that was able to kill off thousands within a week. they only tested this on animals, thus, it was effective against humans, this was during the cold war. Cloning humans aint an answer to our problems, it costs money, and coloning thousands is very expensive, thus, it would create ethnic and racial problems in humans, also they could be used for mass armies, thus creating a political problem. We also have a chance of living on mars (Surprisingly NASA has plans for this), but doing so would make a new species of human, we wouldn't want interplanetary conflicts would we? Colonies all over the galaxy? Stick to the facts, and stop fantasizing about space. Crossbreeding with other life forms is utterly stupid. It'll create genetic errors, and a truckload of problem regarding this.

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
When i say immunity to viruses, I mean natural immunities. There are some people in the world who will never get AIDS no matter how many people they do and have never gotten shots or what eva. Everyone is immune to something or don'tas affected. That is how animals survive and that is how bacteria survive anti-biotics. You may say that bacteria produce faster but there was always one that had the immunity. I think colonies are possible, but won't happen for a couple of hundered years. I am sure some humans will have children with some aliens and stuff. Humans did make a mule, why can't we make a Chewbaccuman?

I noe another way to stop an asteroid:
You send a missile, which does not explode, and make it penerate the asteroid and go all the way through. As it goes all the way through, high density strings are attached. Once the missile comes out the other end, the missile uses its own propulsion to alter the path of the asteroid. It may move the asteroid a couple of meters but it can change the collision course.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
And what cartoon did you see that work on?