RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Airship Error

Rep:
Level 82
We learn by living...
I've got a world map where I decided instead of using Action Button to transport while flying from map to map, I would use player touch, to emulate a free flowing effect.

The problem is I forgot player touch doesn't work while 'through' is on.

Is there a way to temporarily override this?

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
You could probably use a parallel process in the world map that checks the X and Y variable of the airship, and the X and Y variable of the player, and then check if they're the same.

Rep:
Level 82
We learn by living...
You could probably use a parallel process in the world map that checks the X and Y variable of the airship, and the X and Y variable of the player, and then check if they're the same.

yep, this is exactly what I did, by sticking a "four winds" sprite on each map to control them. Saved me like 150+ events per page.

Any idea on how to keep a sound track playing while a switch is loaded? I want "airship" soundtrack to be consistent even when being transported to another part of the world map. At first I thought I could turn off world map sound tracks and then turn them on through the events that go to the world map, but eventually that's going to be ridiculous. I have over 40 maps and I'm only about 12% done.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Common events should be key here.