RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Switch Troubles

Rep:
Level 89
Mystically Majestic
Alright, I'm quite rusty at RPG Maker, I'll admit it. Has been quite awhile since I tried or made an attempt to work on a project, and stick with it. I finally have found one, however, and wish to stick with it this time. Like I said, I'm rusty, and I don't think I did my first switch current. I'll give you the 411 on my situation below.

This switch takes event in the first room, when you start the game. Once you walk around for a few seconds, you'll meet William. William is blocking the stairs. I tried to make it so:
1) You talk to William to see why your in the house [Did Correctly]
2) After he says his comments to you, he will walk twice to the left, then face right [Worked 33% Correctly]
3) He will stay in his new spot, and will have a new comment to say, which will be the comment he will say each and ever time when you talk to him from now on [0% Correctly]

I'll show you what I did, and maybe someone can further instruct me on my errors.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/1694/switchtroubleswc5.png

Some help would greatly be appreciated

Also, I suppose this is sort of my way of saying this noob is back.

Also, now that I think about it, this should have gone in troubleshooting. Sorry about that, it's 3:10AM currently, and when I posted this, I wasn't 100% here, if you know what I mean.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 03:14:23 PM by Blizzard »

Also Known As:
Nec - Tactics Arena Online / MysticNec - Maple Story / [opiate] Mystic - Counter-Strike

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Make sure the second page is set on Autorun.
Make a message with the new comment on the third page.

Rep:
Level 89
Mystically Majestic
Alright. I'll repost what I came up with, and if it worked.
I was wondering if I have the switches themselves set on the proper pages, and places.

*Edit*
I was wondering if someone could save me the trouble and simply say which switches to turn on for each page. I know now to make page two aurorun. The others are text based comments.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 11:20:01 AM by Majestic Wolf »

Also Known As:
Nec - Tactics Arena Online / MysticNec - Maple Story / [opiate] Mystic - Counter-Strike

Rep:
Level 92
I'm just going to give you a working version.
Look at what I have done.

Rep:
Level 89
Mystically Majestic
I'm just going to give you a working version.
Look at what I have done.

Thank you very much

Also Known As:

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
CHEESE IS TASTY
This is events... Why is it in scripts?
"Death be not proud. Though some have called thee mighty and dreadful... thou art not so." CoB-HC!!

Rep:
Level 89
Mystically Majestic
Also, now that I think about it, this should have gone in troubleshooting. Sorry about that, it's 3:10AM currently, and when I posted this, I wasn't 100% here, if you know what I mean.

That should answer your question, I asked for it to be moved to the appropriate place, but I would ask for a Moderator to close this now, as the problem has been solved.

Also Known As:

Rep:
Level 92
Edit your first post and put [RESOLVED] at the end of the title.