RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] this is noobish but i need help

Rep:
Level 88
I R 3V1L!!111!!1
im making an intro to my RPg (RPG maker XP, yes  finally got it. only because of its graphics lol) and i wanted to make the screen fade into the scene. how do i do that so it starts automatically? like auto start i use that but nothing shows up or it doesnt stop.

please help
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 02:36:00 PM by Blizzard »

Rep:
Level 88
I'm scared of my grandma. Wouldn't you be?
I don't really understand your situation but,try using a switch or a variable.

Rep:
Level 88
I R 3V1L!!111!!1
i know how to use switches let me clarify it a little.
Im am makeing the inro scene for my RPG. it happens right after the title, but i want it to happen auto matically. but i want to know how i would go about doing this. im confused on how to do it

Rep:
Level 88
I'm scared of my grandma. Wouldn't you be?
You said that you used an Auto start right? well try using a parallel process with all of the actions that you want performed. For example: moving characters, changing maps, tinting screen, etc. Sorry if this doesn't help. :P

Rep:
Level 88
I R 3V1L!!111!!1
no, it didnt. it kept repeating..... thanks any way tho!
help, someone!

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
yes, it will keep repeating until you place the "end event processing" at the end...use autorun if you don't want that to happen.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
I R 3V1L!!111!!1

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
It works now, good!

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Make a Bank map, Add put the start point in there, Add a Wait for the amount of time you want a Wait for, and then Teleport to the Game's first Map...

There's many away...

You could make a Black Image the same size as the title and display it, and then clear it after some time, or adjust the transparencey to make it fade in...

As I say loads of ways of getting the same effect...

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
since it worked, modify your first post and add [RESOLVED] to the end of the title  :police:
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun