RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Resolved]Main character(s) transitions.

Rep:
Level 86
Rastel Maskil Magister~
Good evening all, its me~! your fellow noob Klart with yet another question but first some insight.

Ever played breath of fire 4?, if you have you should be familiar with the 2 main characters; Ryu and Fou lou. As you remember when you are playing as ryu everything goes accordingly (namely Inventory of the things you've collected; potions and such and Zenny count). then there is a point where you switch to Fou lou. your inventory and zenny(currency) count is reset.(nothing that you had previously; item or zenny)

My question is.... is this possible on RPG maker XP?

I looked myself any possible way of doing it via commands, but even if i succesfully delete all itmes from current inventory and currency count drained to 0, when i play as the second char the inventory will start anew.

ok I do believe you guys know where I'm going with this.

how can I make it so the inventory from party A is somehow remembered, when I switch to party B and then back again?
is this even possible.

I could use you guys help on this one... if there is a script or maybe any way you can do it with commands I would like to know

thanks before hand for any info ^^

PS: sorry for the long post, I tried to be as clear as possible but if you yet don't get what I mean; just post and i'll be happy to explain. ;)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 07:04:01 AM by Klarth F. Lester »

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah... about that.....
There was a script for this on .org, but Trickster left .org, and

In a page for Modern Algebra's Script that does the same thing for VX, there's a demo with no credits that has item bags.  I haven't looked at it, but you might be able to put everything from one person's inventory into a bag, then remove the bag and put a new one in, then changing them out whenever you switch characters, but I don't knw if this is possible.  Like I said, I haven't looked at the bag script.  The link to that is here:  [RMVX Multi-Inventory]

If, for whatever reason, you can't do that, the only thing I can think of is to use variables.  If you want, I can throw together a quick demo showing how to do that.
This is a signature.

Rep:
Level 86
Rastel Maskil Magister~
ceegamus-sempai.. I would be most pleased if you help me out on this one.... :tpg:

to tell you the truth this request for me was pretty much a shot in the dark... because i couldn't see a command or anything that could possibly help me on this... also considering that I don't think any other RPG maker this was even possible.

to tell you the truth I was starting to take the idea of this "multiple inventories" just because i wasn't sure if anyone could pull it off.

I very much a preciate your reply ceegamus-sempai and any help is, in advance, very much apreciated. (if you think is too much of a hassle for you don't worry about this because i don't want to be a pain in the ass >< ; tho would be pretty cool if you could tho xD).

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah... about that.....
OK, I'll see what I can do.  I'm going to go ahead and warn you, it's going to take an assload of variables.  The RTP has 32 items standard, so I'll do as many of those as I can before I get entirely bored with it.  You'll have to do it with every item in the game.  And gold.
This is a signature.

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah... about that.....
I got bored at taking away 21 of the items, but I have the set for all the Player 1 items.  I'm sure you can take what I already did to figure out the rest.

You have to do the same thing with player 2 on the next available variables.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 01:51:09 AM by ceegamus »
This is a signature.

Rep:
Level 86
Rastel Maskil Magister~
Ceegamus-sempai you are truly awsome...!!!  :tpg:

;8 I can't believe it was actually possible. thank you very much for the reply

rep+ for j00~!!

so basically I have to do the same thing for equipment right?, as well as actor 2; Actor 2 will be easier because during his "performance" (mainly when the player will get a hold of him) he will have access to a rather limited collection of items, so i'll be ok on that xD.

another thing; Actor1 and actor 2 a separate from each other, I've learned how to take actor ones inventory so when he comes back he gets it again.. then change to actor 2, but how do I take inventory of actor2 items and then change back to actor ones inventory and so forth?
I'm sorry Im a complete ass with variables.. don't get them too well...

thanks so much again for your reply hoping you can answer this new question... ^^;;

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah... about that.....
Oh yeah, I forgot about equipment.  I'm not sure, but I don't think equipped items show up in the inventory.  However, I do think they come and go with the character.  I'll have to check into that.

In order to take actor 2's inventory and remove it, you have to set the next set of variables to p2's potions, p2's hi-potions, p2's..., etc.  Then you remove from inventory those variables instead of the p1 things.  Then, you change the characters, and add to inventory the p1 variables.

If you go back to player 2 again, you have to reset the variables for p1, basically, just do the event over again.
This is a signature.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Just a reminder, add [Resolved] to your topic title when your problem is resolved, okay Klarth?
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 86
Rastel Maskil Magister~
Sure thing Leviathan-dono.

but just to make sure on something.

Ceegamus-sempai, if I have any question can I send you a message or you rather have me post here?
you have been very straight forward with your answers tho so I dont think I'll have many issues; but still wanted to know if I have your support xD

anyways thanks very much and I'll see to this variables things in some of the tutorials since I really have little idea about them... thanks lots ^^

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah... about that.....
Don't hesitate to throw me a PM if you need to.

I'm still learning RMXP myself, so I might not always be able to help, but I'll do my best.
This is a signature.