RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Way to restore Map Data?

Rep:
Level 88
For some reason, I often get the Blue Screen of Death after closing RPGMXP.  THIS TIME, it deleted all the data in a few of my data files, including MapInfos.rxdata.  :mad:  Luckily, I had a backup copy of it, so I copied and pasted, but it is quite old and only displays a few maps in thr RPGMXP editor. 

Now, here's the thing: All my existing map data files (Map239.rxdata, etc.) survived.  Is there any way to "restore" the MapInfos file contents to recognize ALL the existing maps?  Or, is there any other way to force the game to recognize the map data that "is" there?  (And by the way, has anyone else experienced the Blue Screen of Death so much like me?) 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 06:08:11 AM by Zeriab »
Old School JRPG action coming soon!  www.ironpawn.com
About me: www.astroth.com

Rep:
Level 87
Keep your "survivors" in a safe place to start with.

Go into RMXP and create a map for every one you have (if you've got a Map239.rxdata, then you'll have to create 239 maps - I haven't found a way to skip any).  Just leave it as the default size and tileset - all you're doing is saying the game has that many maps.

Close down, copy your REAL maps and paste into the Data folder, replacing the existing "placeholder" maps you just created.

When you go back into the game, all your maps should be there, with the correct tilesets and all.

You may find if you've imported resources, changed tilesets (in appearance or in the database) that you might have to go back and do some of that stuff.

This method works for me when I just want to look at a map someone else has created, so hopefully it'll get you out of trouble :)
Always remember you're unique.
Just like everybody else.

Rep:
Level 88
 ;8 ;8 ;8

*applause*

THANK YOU shaz!!!  It's all back!  :tpg:

I need to rename and rearrange the maps a little, but that is nothing compared to remaking 5 months worth of maps!  Thanks SO much!  :blizj:
Old School JRPG action coming soon!  www.ironpawn.com
About me: www.astroth.com

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Problem solved? Add [RESOLVED] to topic title by clicking edit to original post.

~ shaz ^________^ Nice job helping!
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 87
glad to assist - it's not often that I can. :)
Always remember you're unique.
Just like everybody else.