RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] What is "SDK"?

Rep:
Level 88
Your greatest flaw is that you have a soul.
Warm greetings, I'm new around the rm forums and just began studying the game developement and scripting so I'd like to ask you to have patience for my questions, all of it is still very foggy in me eyes.

I'm sure this sounds very lame but still I'm having difficulties figuring out what is this "SDK" everyone is talking about?  :D So far I concluded it is a game engine of sort but have no clue am I right.

Also, if it's not a problem, if you can explain how can I know do I have the sdk or not and what to do to gain it, I'd be very happy. :P I'm using rmxp knights edition and didn't do much with the ingame add-ons (load of graphics) apart from managing blizzards easy party switcher and dubealex double-weapon configuration.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 04:01:21 PM by Decadent Sympozium »

Rep:
Level 88
Random-Idiot
The SDK is an abbr for Standard Development Kit. The RMXP SDK was created by several members, mainly scripters from rmxp.net, now hbgames.org. The SDK was made to compromize the compatability errors that 2 or more scripts could create when they where interfering the same classes in the script library's. Therefore the SDK chops much of the biggest default classes into smaller parts, so scripters can alias (add code to...) only that part of the class they need.

You proabbaly did not understand much from what I have stated above, so: The SDK, Standard Development Kit is a tool for scripters to decrease the change on incompatibilities with other scripts. When a script uses/requires the SDK, the user must have the SDK in his script list (best place: below Scene_Debug, above all other scripts).

The SDK can be found at hbgames.org in the sticky (scripts board), most recent version 1.5

Me™

p.s. so the SDK is just a script ;)
ALL HAIL ME™

Rep:
Level 88
Your greatest flaw is that you have a soul.
Actually I did understand most of it. :P

That makes you twice the life savior. XD Thanks again.

Rep:
Level 88
Random-Idiot
No point at all. If you have further questions, do not hestitate to open a new topic  :lol:

Me™
ALL HAIL ME™