RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Catalyst - Chapter 1: Initiation (last update, 01/22/08)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Catalyst
Chapter 1: Initiation

---
The veil 'tween planes draws thin
as the coming of the true draws near
those with no shadows within
that shall be the dark priestess' fear
---
thus has it been written
passed down through the age
what the Catalyst begins
the true shall bring to end
---

Story
Many planes exist in this wide existance of ours.  Some stranded...disconnected, others, who's fates are intertwined, people destined to journey from one land to the next, traversing the stars and becoming legend...

The time has come...a legend to be forged and a battle to be faught...age old tales of might and justice...power and honor...shall be made real.
Terra shall remain strong as the true are awakened and take hold of their destiny...

So much for a normal day in the back alleys of a burnt out city eh?

Characters
The Good
Spoiler for:

Name: Vincent
Class: Sentinel
Element: Soul
Bio: Your typical Leader, he is the one in charge of this small group of rejects, is a close friend of Erik's and sees it as his duty to keep his friends safe, he has always looked out for his friends before himself, they all look to him for the path forward.  His title..."Sentinel"

Name: Zach
Class: Sharper
Element: Time
Bio: Hotheaded kid with an itchy trigger finger, he tends to get himself...and the rest of the group...into a lot of trouble with his big mouth.  He holds Genine in the forefront of his heart, and has a tendency to...show off... His prowess with handguns grants him the title "Sharper"

Name: Genine
Class: Assassin
Element: Poison
Bio: the most level headed of the group, Genine helps keep everyone together with her resolve.  She and Zach are inseperable, although at times you'd wonder... Able to analyze enemy weaknesses quickly, her clever tactics give her the title "Assassin"

Name: Miang
Class: Trickster
Element: Illusion
Bio: Crafty she is, able to manipulate people and events to her liking.  She's always been a prankster. Straightforward and blunt when she talks, she holds no reservations in conversation or in her fighting.  Her eclectic fighting, akin to dancing, and distracting style grant her the title "Trickster"

Name: Erik
Class: Hunter
Element: Night
Bio: Erik is a strange one, ever loyal and honorable to his friends, although missing the entirety of his past.  He came to the group a few years ago with no memory of anything save his name, he's since become a close friend to Vince and a working member of the team.  He holds nothing back in battle and will stop at nothing to see his ideals through, his title is "Hunter"
The Bad
Spoiler for:

Name: Xeno
Class: Reaper
Element: Unknown
Bio: not much is known about Xeno...save she serves Rebi unwaveringly...as though now will of her own

Name: Sinte
Class: BioMech
Bio: Sinte is the engineering genious behind Rebi's plan, the mind of a brilliant scientist and the body of a Cyborg, he is an exellent battle strategist and the second most powerful of Rebi's forces.

Name: Byila
Bio: Byila hardly speaks, and when she does it's typically short and sharp, she is Rebi's most powerful warrior.  She follows orders to a point, and elimenates any Rebi orders her to, cold and remorseless, her emotions are something she lost long ago....

Name: Rebi
Bio: ....dark.....priestess........

Features
  • CCOA's UMS
  • Large Party by Dargor
  • Zenith TBS
  • ZTBS Addons - Mac
  • Equipment Requirement System - NAMKCOR
  • EQUAP Skills - Blizzard
  • Misc Addons - Blizzard
  • Stat Distribution 1.33b - Blizzard
  • Large Party CMS - NAMKCOR
  • Minimal RTP
The character customization system is deep.  By control of character statistics (through a point level system) you are able to dictate what weapons and armor are available to the characters, and with skills on said equipment, what abilities they have.  You can customize your party to fit nearly any situation, as many skills are universally available through the equipment.

Screenshots!!
Spoiler for:

Progress
Current Chapter - Ch1: Initiation

Storyline - [---------------------------]
Mapping - [---------------------------]
Scripting - [---------------------------]
Database - [---------------------------]
Overall - [---------------------------]

Downloads
Ch1: Initiation - TBA

Credit
Infernal Monkey Games Staff
  • NAMKCOR
  • RanmaBushiko
Non IMG
  • Battlers - Pickles
  • Sprites - Pickles' Site/KuramaRTP
  • Music - KuramaRTP
  • LOS-Resource Pack
  • Irock/Nouman/Blizzard Res Pack
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 01:53:52 PM by 1namkcorI »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
Cool! Would you like this to be put on the active projects list while I update it?
The boys are going out for hookers and ice cream. Is that something you would be interested in?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
sure, if you'd like, thanks for the support and the quick reply

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
Alright, Im going to start updating again tommorow. Im currently busy on my project atm.
The boys are going out for hookers and ice cream. Is that something you would be interested in?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
no rush man, 's all good
again, thanks for the support

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
wow, this looks nice.

Can't wait to see more.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
thanks, I should have a tech demo coming out soon, once I finish up with a few things

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Nice one Namkcor, good luck with it.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
heh, thanks
(updated first post with more detail under features)

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member
Catalyst \?ka-t?-l?st\ n.

1 : a substance that enables a chemical reaction to proceed at a usually faster rate or under different conditions (as at a lower temperature) than otherwise possible
2: an agent that provokes or speeds significant change or action
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
That post is more useless than Irock  ;8

Looks pretty good NAMKCOR. The features look great and I am looking forward to the demo

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
@Anski- I know what a Catalyst is tyvm, I'm using the 2nd definition

@m.a.- thanks man, I can't wait to get it here

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
::necrobump for important news::

This project will be put on hold until after February 20th
I'm entering a game competition (lol, grand prize is $3k)

so....
[PAUSED]

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
What game competition is this? Well, whatever it is, good luck!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
my laptop has been stolen and all progress on this game lost... :tpg:

I'll be replacing the laptop sometime soon, but I really don't feel like starting this over =/
sory guys